#1 steve_01

steve_01

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas! I have just started using Convo for various forums - seems a great (freebie) app for the Android. But, for whatever reason I have have been subscribed automatically to some posts that aren't mine - (this only happened on reboot.pro).

Any ideas?

Happy New Year!

Posted Image

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

No idea. I had never even heard of convo before.

Looking at the comment reviews of the application, it seems to have issues with other forum sites as well: https://market.andro...oid.convo&hl=en

Perhaps this gets solved soon, the developers do request that users send them an email reporting these kind of issues so you might get it looked by the authors with some luck.

Happy new year! :)

#3 steve_01

steve_01

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Cheers Nuno, wasnt sure if it was something on this forum that (by default) subscribed me to all threads...?

I'll drop the developer a line. Happy New Year too - and thanks. :-)
  • Brito likes this

#4 steve_01

steve_01

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Update from the developer...

I have investigated this issue, and it seems to be a problem with the forum's Tapatalk plugin. If I subscribe to a topic on the web site, a different topic altogether appears in Convo (and indeed in Tapatalk's own client). Naturally, if I try to unsubscribe from this topic from within the app, it will attempt to unsubscribe me from a topic I'm not really subscribed to. Also, the forum reports I'm not able to subscribe to topics at all, which seems to be wrong.

There's nothing I can do about these problems at this time. I'm afraid you'll have to contact the forum's administrator and have him or her update the Tapatalk plugin to a more recent and hopefully less broken version.

Not sure if an Administrator want to look into this or not...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users