Solar powered cellphone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Here is an interesting model from samsung:
http://www.inhabitat...-powered-phone/

Posted Image

I like this way to charging up the device, great to carry around during the summer.. :poke:

#2 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

very interesting. I pass many hours in a car, speaking 1-1.5 hours/day & often loosing car chargers

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Just wish HTC would also pick up the same idea for the PDA phones.

Maybe within a few years this concept can pick up to a bigger audience and drop the prices, especially in cases like you refer that we're always moving around from one place to another and carrying a charger or extra wires is a mess.

:poke:

#4 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

After you leave for a few hours the thingy on your dashboard in the sun, you need to use the accessories (NOT included):
https://www.wellbake...a...1&Itemid=38

to pick it up and answer a call.

jaclaz

#5 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

:poke:

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

After you leave for a few hours the thingy on your dashboard in the sun, you need to use the accessories (NOT included):

No worries for me, my wife already bought two of those gloves for use in the kitchen.

Tough I don't personally bother using them and prefer to grab the hot kitchen ware with my bare hands as a proof of my endurance! (also, this way my wife also asks me less often to grab things from the kitchen to the dinner room since she is aware that some disaster might happen one of these days.. :poke: )

I guess the sun around here is not at the same temperature level as one can find over Italian / Greek locations to consider such details.. :poke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users