1 reply to this topic

#1 boombids

boombids
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop around 5 years old. It came with Vista bundled.

For some reason it became slow and virtually unusable. So I went and bought another computer. (Acer whatever)

Anyway I needed the Vista laptop and decided to install windows 7. I had no particular problem and then it crashed about six months ago.

I then decided to try windows 8. (the price was right). It worked okay for a while, then it crashed and I had to re-install it. After that the memory was used up and I started to try and clean out the duplicated files to get some more room. The duplicate file remover seemed to be doing a great job, then suddenly it crashed. Since then (Two weeks ago) I have been trying to re-install windows 8 to no effect. Many forms later, I decided to try XP professional ( A friend had switched over her computer and I managed to download an ISO XP professional works perfectly on another laptop. But, not on mine.

I get so many different errors as I try and do so many different ways of loading the program.

When I booted I get a no operating system error. However, I load the exact same disk in another computer works perfectly.

I have been told to adjust the BIOS, however, I press F12 get into the system but cannot access the BIOS it simply skips that when I am scrolling in the setup program.

I have no idea what Bios is or even how a computer works. I know rudimentary stuff that's it. Although, I always protected Geeks when they were being attacked at school, I am afraid I am not one.

I have burnt 5 different ISO boot disks and I try them, but so far no luck. This is how I found this forum, I bought Ed Jablonowski's
boot disk page to download and he suggested I try this forum..

As I have not a clue on half the stuff that is discussed on these forums, I can still follow instructions.

Can Winbuilder help me If I download it. If it can how do I get that into a hard drive without a working operating system.
I would appreciate any feed back that would be helpfull.

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi boombids and welcome :)

Winbuilder is not a pre-made boot disk, it's a builder so you'll need a working computer and a good source to build your boot disk. The two I would suggest looking into first are LiveXP and Win7PE_SE. You can get more info and project downloads here: http://reboot.pro/4111/

Let us know if you have questions ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users