Ninja Pendisk

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Ninja Pendisk
File Submitter: Nuno Brito
File Submitted: 16 Aug 2011
File Category: Security

Ninja is the popular and freeware program designed for guarding computers against viruses transmitted by USB pendisks.

This ninja awaits quietly in the system tray for the times whenever a USB pendisk is inserted on the computer which will be examined to uncover the commonly malicious or virulent files known as “autorun.inf” and “ctfmon.exe” amongst many others.

To keep things simple, ninja is fully portable, self-contained and requires no installation.

Click here to download this file

#2 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

I can't take my desktop anywhere, and I don't have a laptop other than my macbook, but this was well designed :)

#3 nestor71

nestor71
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Can you please confirm what is the latest version, and include an MD5 checksum? (You could easily use something like hashtab for that).

I am asking this because in some websites I have seen versions 1.8 and even 1.9, but the version of the file provided in this site (which supposedly is the latest official one) is 1.6 and the year of the copyright is 2008

The MD5 checksum i get from the file provided here is 2E009DDA8A1AED47F481DA34DEAF62AB

Also, you should probably add usbcheck.exe to the list of files to be deleted, it is a new virus that after propagating to several flash drives, locks the hard drives of your PC with a password and removes the boot sector, so you basically lose your data.

Edited by nestor71, 02 September 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#4 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Can you please confirm what is the latest version, and include an MD5 checksum? (You could easily use something like hashtab for that).

I am asking this because in some websites I have seen versions 1.8 and even 1.9, but the version of the file provided in this site (which supposedly is the latest official one) is 1.6 and the year of the copyright is 2008

The MD5 checksum i get from the file provided here is 2E009DDA8A1AED47F481DA34DEAF62AB

Also, you should probably add usbcheck.exe to the list of files to be deleted, it is a new virus that after propagating to several flash drives, locks the hard drives of your PC with a password and removes the boot sector, so you basically lose your data.

It could easily be renamed to anything, and it would be allowed again if you just added the filename.

#5 nestor71

nestor71
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I know, that's why I said "probably". The fact is that other than including some filenames in the configuration, I am not aware if Ninja Pendisk suports more advanced detection methods.

My concern was simply with the version numbering and distribuition, Ninja pendisk may be useful, but IMHO the current scheme is careless, makes it hard to keep track of updates, and does not provide any way to validate that what users are downloading is what the author intended and not a trojan, for example.

By the way, besides showing version 1.6 in the resources, the home page points to version 1.5, and when you execute the application it says version 1.8 (not a very consistent appearance!)

Edited by nestor71, 05 September 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#6 Charly Zetina

Charly Zetina
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi i want know how I can change the lenguaje?

I try to put the line
Lenguague=es but don´t work

Tanks

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi i want know how I can change the lenguaje?

I try to put the line
Lenguague=es but don´t work

Tanks

Try language

But I think that the language is automatically choosen looking at the language of your host.

Peter

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yes, try language=es as Peter mentioned.

The language is automatically chosen, however on the case of Charly it might not associate Mexico with Spanish language automatically.

Languages get two ID's, for example my Portuguese from Portugal is PT-PT while the one in Brazil is defined as PT-BR

What ninja does is using the first language (PT) if there exists no entry BR on the list of languages. So try it out and see how it goes.

Buena suerte!
:cheers:
  • Nori likes this

#9 Nori

Nori
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

I wanted to say you did a great program to stop viruses coming from pen-drives!

But I wanted you to answer me if the program is still functional, even when the little window it no longer appears in time to put the pen drive.

I'm worried about it. Then back to the little window appears, I'll txt in the program to enable typing one or more numbers other than 0. But do this all the time is very annoying! :hmm:

Edited by Nori, 25 June 2012 - 11:22 PM.

• Brito likes this

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi my friend.

If the window no longer appears then this means that some other software is intercepting the message from the OS. This is typically the action from a virus or other anti-virus software.

A new version of ninja is planned that is no longer depending on Windows messages to work as intended.

Um abraço!
:)
  • Nori likes this

#11 Nori

Nori
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi Nuno,

What you say is a nice notice! :good:

I can't wait for the release! :jump:

Abraço!

Edited by Nori, 05 July 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#12 iEsme32

iEsme32
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

can i use asterisk  example: "*.lnk" "*.ini" "*.exe" on [file_delete] category?  

is there a way that I can put an option where it just search for its extension name rather complete filename?

Edited by iEsme32, 06 June 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#13 erivelton42

erivelton42
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

You could add more custom functions in configuration file
Recently I have been having problems with the virus that hides folders and creates shortcuts in pendrive ... and none can remove Anitivirus, you could add the option to make attr entire folders of pendrive visible again and remove all files with the extension. lnk would otimo had this problem in more than 100 computers..

#14 iEsme32

iEsme32
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

@erivelton42

can you show me how to add custom functions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users