#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:12 AM

Free Video Converters

http://www.smallvideosoft.com/

Havent tested them, but might be usefull.

Freez iPod Video Converter
version 1.5 free.gif

Freez iPod Video Converter is a tool to convert popular video formats to MP4 videos played on iPod.

Freez 3GP Video Converter
version 2.0 free.gif

Freez 3GP Video Converter is a tool to convert popular video formats to 3gp, 3g2 videos for mobile phone users.

Freez Screen Video Capture
version 1.2 free.gif

Freez Screen Video Capture is a tool to record screen activities and sounds as standard AVI video files.

Freez DVD Ripper
version 1.5 free.gif

Freez DVD Ripper is a tool to convert DVD movies to DivX/Xvid avi files, H.264 MP4 files, and iPod MP4 video files.

Freez Flv to Mp3 Converter
version 1.5 free.gif

Freez Flv to Mp3 Converter is a a tool to extract audio stream from Flash FLV files to Mp3 files.Freez Flv to AVI/MPEG/WMV Converter version 1.6 free.gif

Freez Flv to AVI/MPEG/WMV Converter is a tool to convert Flash FLV video files to AVI, MPEG, WMV.

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, seems legit. :frusty:

https://www.virustot...om/information/

:duff:

Wonko

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

:cheers: Thanks!

#4 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Location:vasodilator madness .....hydrocephalus ...........hose your mind thx ............. Dr Struck off ... .......... Bedsforhire
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Free Video Editor

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, sure, this is much better :frusty::

http://codecpack.co/...ree_Studio.html

Note: The setup includes 3rd party sponsored offers. You may want to disconnect from the Internet before installing in order to avoid having unwanted software installed on the PC without your consent.

Exactly the kind of software that should be recommended on a technical board (in order to further lower its level).

Wonko

#6 Hydranix

Hydranix

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

Ues FFmpeg for any media conversions. Most other tools use FFmpeg and are just designed as a vector for spyware, ads, and other garbage you don't want.

If the command line is something that you find scary or too technically involved, there are some GUI wrappers out there that aren't sugar coated manure. Here is one which I will vogue for. WinFF

Beware the territory of "free X converter" or "free Y downloader". Unless you are capable enough to not ever need to search for such tools, you will not be able to wade through the ocean of s*** that awaits you on the other side of those google queries.

#7 Hydranix

Hydranix

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Any video conveter is also good. Very complete in terms of tools and has a great interface.

This is the worst link posted yet.. Not surprised it was by a hit-and-run account.

Proof

This thread is toxic, I think it should be killed with fire. (no offence TheHive)

#8 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

None taken. You can Press the "Report" button so Nuno can delete the post you mention is not a good program

#9 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

None taken. You can Press the "Report" button so Nuno can delete the post you mention is not a good program

The whole thread should be deleted :ranting2: without making any particular damage, I would additionally suggest, after the fire, to scatter the ashes.

Spammers like hailbubba are easy to detect, first post=link to - let's say "crappy" - software, but the suggestion by known members like TheHive and dummkopf007 may (wrongly) deliver the feeling of an endorsement of some kind. :frusty:

Wonko

#10 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:43 AM

I dont have an option to delete a posted thread.

#11 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

Yet another one of those topics that isn't appropriate for this forum (not even in the Community forum/off-topic section). I would agree that this topic should be deleted. It seems like most topics TheHive starts are either walking adverts, or retarded talk about some obscure driver, or posts about stuff which are common-sense things that the average computer user already knows how to do, none of which has anything to do with booting methods and similar, which I do believe is what this forum is focused on. I would even go as far as to propose that if anyone can prove they've been infected with malware as a resultt of being influenced by products/softwares that TheHive recommended, then TheHive should be banned as just retribution.

With that said, MediaCoder is a free yet excellent decoder/encoder/converter. It has options that would normally only be found in professional-level softwares that you would have to pay for. So many options in fact, that it's pretty much impossible to understand most of them unless you're skilled with this kind of thing. A caveat is that it does occassionally show small ads, but doesnt try to install anything behind your back. So technically legit.

#12 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

I would even go as far as to propose that if anyone can prove they've been infected with malware as a resultt of being influenced by products/softwares that TheHive recommended, then TheHive should be banned as just retribution.

Yeah, sure.

http://www.imdb.com/...?item=qt0471984

Wonko

#13 Hydranix

Hydranix

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

every video converter has its own advantages, such as dvdfab, its function is powerful. wondershare, its interface is pretty beautiful, and hd video converter pro is easy to operate. as for me, I used above software, I think hd pro is pretty good, and there is an article told me how to play avi on my phone. wonderful :D

Malware
https://www.virustot...om/information/

​It's been over a year; Never thought I'd see this thread again.

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Let's then close the topic to prevent further spamming. Albeit I do find useful to keep track of new tools for video editing.. :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users