Photo
- - - - -

New WinBuilder Project for Windows XP (German)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hi folks,

today, I finished my WinBuilder project Alberich - a rescue system for Windows XP.

The project is localized in German language. The core system based on BartPE and XPE and doesn't depend on any language, but all applications - that's what is needed in case of desaster - are localized in German. Hopefully some german speakers are interested to see what's new ...

Nobody is perfect - I need some testers! If any of you have some minutes, thanks a lot.

Homepage: www.alberich.biz
WB Project: alberich.biz/xp/deu

Bye,
Juergen

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

Great project!

I did a test with only zip and a43 scripts anabled:
alberich.gif

When I enabled all free app scripts, I got a boot error. Jürgen, please forgive me that I did not search the 'bad boy'!

I tried also with WB 077 beta 3:

Three errors with missing close quotes.

A couple of warnings about incorrect syntax, mainly in ShellExecute with cmd.exe
Here spaces, quotes etc. should be replaced by the escapes, in order to fullfill the stronger syntax checks starting with WB 076.

BTW: there are a lot of unnecessary attachments. They will never be used, because e.g. the radio buttons to extract them, are removed from the interface.

Overall: For a 'First poster' a really great project. :D

Maybe Jaclaz things about his 'own.domain' decision. :D

Peter

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Maybe Jaclaz things about his 'own.domain' decision. :D

Read again :D:
http://www.boot-land...?...=4113&st=84
  • it was not a decision, but a policy
  • the policy was not ideated by me

(and besides I do not have power/control over winbuilder.net sub-domains, only Nuno has)

;)

jaclaz

#4 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

Overall: For a 'First poster' a really great project. :D

I Agree

Good Work Alberich,

;) no project bug report from me :D (reason, emotional) (believe me you are lucky)
Only, I couldnt download Alberich2k9.full.exe (maybe browser issue, no problem) but downloading Winbuilder074.exe worked nicely and smoothly.

Welcome to the comunity, I think you deserve one of best entrance award ;)

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

Jürgen!

I found one item you should change.

You defined
[Variables]

%AddFile%=Run,%ScriptFile%,AddFile
Since WB 076 a macro must be defined w/o the percent. percent is for Variables only.

You should use
[Variables]

AddFile=Run,%ScriptFile%,Add_File

Peter

#6 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

Hi Peter,

thanks for your advice. I've checked the scripts for inconsensitencies. I found/corrected some unclosed quotes and other little things. All macros have been redefined as you mentioned.

I found some pitfalls with the newer versions - thats's my impression. I've some trouble with my PC since I've made some HW upgrades.

I have a look at the forum today/tomorrow to place my findings.

Bye,
Juergen

#7 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hi Peter,

I checked the project/programs for bad guys that kill to boot the image. I can't find such a script. I selected all programs and what happend was what expected. If the ISO image grow too big (for real mode loading the RAM disk), the CD/HHD scripts halted - no image will be written.

If the image became less than 480 MB in size, booting is fine. I checked some permutations for program selection. I can't find an issue. It would be nice to have some testers to check more independend.

Can someone help to check that project?

Juergen :D

#8 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hello all,

it was needed to fix some parts of the project, sorry for any inconvinience using the previous bits. It took me another day, but - so far I can see - all is "productive" now.

I've changed some core scripts, cleaned up all the scripts to make them usable for WinBuilder version 076, wrapped up unneeded things, compressed what's possisible and changed finally some bits and pieces to prevend failures for components that are not availalabe on the system the project is build.

Again, it would be nice to have some testers to fix issues I haven't seen.

Juergen

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Hi Juergen,

Nice to see a new project coming up.

Why not adding a link at your forum signature to the page of the project?

Should a winbuilder subdomain be created to host this project?

:D

#10 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

Should a winbuilder subdomain be created to host this project?

That was the idea :D:
http://www.boot-land...?...=4113&st=86
http://www.boot-land...?...=4113&st=93

You don't read e-mails anymore? ;)

Nice to "see" you. ;)

:D

jaclaz

#11 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hi Nuno,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I'll add a link to my forum signature - I simply missed that.

A winbuilder subdomain (discussed with Jaclaz already) like
alberich.winbuilder.net would be helpfull.

Juergen

#12 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hell all,

I've got an email from Nuno today. He has setup the subdomain alberich.winbuilder.net. I uploaded the project and checked a download from this site and run a build. Seems all fine, what I can see.

The final step for that project is to change the USB-boot to grub4dos respectively to InRAM method. To make the installation of grub more secure for the users, I’m currently
working on a simple script that does all the steps to prepare the UFD device (as HDD) automatically with some error checking.

Manually it’s working, but the script is still “under construction”. If I finished that step, it would be nice to see my project included on the official list of winbuilder projects.

@Peter: Nuno mentioned if you check that project for useability/stability it should be possible to give it "to the world" as an official winbuilder project. If you have the time, it would be nice if you can have a closer look.

Bye,
Juergen

#13 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

You don't read e-mails anymore?

My apologies.. :D

Nice to "see" you

It's nice to see you too! :D

#14 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hello,

thanks for all the dowloads last days. To make this project available for a a wider audience, the build should work on all common hardware. Alberich has been tested on several plattforms, but we need to know what's going on "in the wild".

The project includes all important/common drivers. No additional software should be needed, but who knows?

A click on the poll

Ihre Meinung - Funktioniert Ihr Alberich?

would very helpfull.

Thanks a lot,
Juergen ;)

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hi Alberich
(or maybe jadams :) )

I am the bad boy around making "bug reports" for only one intention "support"
and i dont support much thing around, only winbuilder & livexp which is enough to make Peter (psc) and me crayz. :angry:
Respecting the great work you've done so far and seeing you ask for reports from users a lot, i post current Alberich project topic once without being German or not understanding any thing from German language (exceptions with some mistakes: Ja, Jaa jaaa, Gut, guuut, Ich HeiBe Lancelot , Ich wohne in Izmir, und, wo wohnst tu, nein, ich liebe dich ;) ). (Kare says you work on language thing, guuuut :cheers: )
If you dont like this post/support method, please dont respond, I will be glad (i am tired to be a bad boy around)

tested on several plattforms, but we need to know what's going on "in the wild".

You asked, so please no complain.

First of all i am amazed the work you've done so far.

Seeing a successfull img file creation with vdk x86 on hostosx64 (2k3x64) with 1st trial was a nice luck :cheers: but only luck helped since i used vdk.exe x64 before and service was left open referring the correct x64 sys file on another location. Normaly it wont work with hostosx64.

Personal opinion: it is not good to add PartedMagic.Bin.Script to the project, too big. I believe there should be another project dealing with all multi cd/dvd/ufd/hd/... tasks to users. Or maybe totally leaving it to users.

I liked you seperating all utils with script+bin :(. A very nice benefit on wb script gui refresh time, sadly it takes time to prepare each one, very hard work ,guut :angry:.

Better to say it is a "Alberich is a Pebuilder based Winbuilder project" or "Alberich is a Pebuilder based German Winbuilder project" ;)

I made 4 build trials with clean downloads. (well not to mention 2 since i used wb074 accidentally from my first download :cheers: )
hostos: 2k3x64 winbuilder: 076 %basedir%=E:\1\Alberich
1) source xpsp2enu
2) source 2k3sp2german
both ended up with a command prompt (errors came with xpe logon cant be executed and dhcp cant start), maybe i need xpsp2german or x86hostos ! (tested with emulator using 800MB ram)

Common ones:
Interesting thing happened with KeyFinder.script which cant be seen on log
a screen came writing:

Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
Invalid data type for 'RegSerialKey'

after clicking ok "Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.05" executed , and found out what is going on. Selecting magiciso on the list gives the error 'Invalid data type for 'RegSerialKey"'. Data should be left in my registry loong time ago since i cant remember when i tested magiciso (i guess never used it more than a year and remember a friend asking sth about it than) and since the entry is at the end of the list executing "Magic Jelly" first comes with this screen. ps: even when i dont want to catch bugs, bugs chase me to be catched :cheers:
I closed the application manually. After close build continue

I notice you take files from hostos (C:\windows\system32....) Personal opinion: this is not/never nice.

rest is in log file, no need to write: http://lancelot.winb...0530_011443.rar

I didnt work on fixing, just tested and reported. (reported only the essentials leaving many comments out)

And dont worry, you wont get anymore reports from me :) . Please keep the good work :angry:

CU

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

Invalid data type for 'RegSerialKey'

Maybe that is a bug of WinBuilder.

I fixed something in writing REG_BINARY data (available in 077 beta 3)

Peter

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Maybe that is a bug of WinBuilder.

nope, it is not. ;)
as i wrote before, magic jelly executed during build (that is why error not seen on log) + i have a not good reg entry for magic jelly (that is the part bugies chasin me):

looking to code for you:
[RunKeyFinder]

ShellExecute,Open,"%TargetDir%\%WorkDir%\%ProgramDir%\%FindKeysExe%","/save Licenses_From_Host_ /close"
This is a magic jelly bug, or maybe a switch more needed to ignore any error for magic jelly so process continues....

#18 Alberich

Alberich

• .script developer
  • 71 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hello all,

a lot of bug and codes fixes has been made to the project last weeks.

Grub4DOS and both boot methods "InRAM" and "FromDisk" are fully implemented with USB media. The copying function for large files respectivly mass file copy has been improved by implementing a new utility (acopy). That should improve the performance of the build a lot.

The first steps for multilanguage support are made. For the core system the keyboard layout and timezone can be selected. The OS language depend on the installation media as usual for WinXP.

The programs available with Alberich will be rewritten for multilanguage support step by step - it will take some weeks to finish the final work.

Hopefully Alberich will find/make some friend out of the German borders,

Juergen

#19 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

The first steps for multilanguage support are made. For the core system the keyboard layout and timezone can be selected. The OS language depend on the installation media as usual for WinXP.

The programs available with Alberich will be rewritten for multilanguage support step by step - it will take some weeks to finish the final work.

VERY good news! ;)

Keep up the good work! :lol:

;)

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users