Techware Uninfector

adwcleaner registry cleanup virus malware security antivirus

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  • Location:The greatest computer in the universe of time and space, designed by Deep Thought
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

I do not, I missed that change. :(

My PE has basic network/internet access but it's not downloading that file.

Do you have a direct link for it?

Found it, wasn't capitalizing the D :/

Same error with Uninfector.Defs in the same folder as Uninfector.exe

#27 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:19 PM

I do not, I missed that change. :(

My PE has basic network/internet access but it's not downloading that file.

Do you have a direct link for it?

Found it, wasn't capitalizing the D :/

Same error with Uninfector.Defs in the same folder as Uninfector.exe

Hmmmm... I updated this post with the latest TechwareUninfector.zip

Can you try with it?  If you still get the error... can you look in your registry for me in this location:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
In the "AppInit_DLLs" can you post the data it contains?

Also... If an Uninfector.log or Uninfector_Uknown.log is created can you attach it here so I can view it? As well as a screenshot of the error message you get?

#28 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

I found the bug posted by d4vr0s.  Thanks for reporting it!   Not sure how that went unnoticed.  But luckily I was able to see the error for myself and fix the problem in v0.1.0.4 which I am adding to the attachment now. ;)

#29 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

I have used version 0.1.0.5 in Win10 x64 OS and in Win8.1SE PE x64 and Win10PE x64 for scanning my two Win10 x64 OS on drive C: and E:

In Win10 x64 OS scanning went fine and an Uninfector.log file was created for drive C: with 2 entries CLEANED (the lnk to medion and Aldi as published previously)

Then I tried version 0.1.0.5 in Win8.1SE PE x64 and Win10PE x64 and got always the following error:

Attached File  Uninfector105-Error-2015-10-26_084258.png   563KB   1 downloads

The AppInit_DLLs registry entry of SOFTWARE and _SOFTWARE are empty as indicated.

Unfortunately when running Unifector.exe again, then the Uninfector.log file created earlier is lost,

so that I cannot show or read that anymore ........

May be you can add a date_time stamp to the filename so that the Unifector_date_time.log file remains available.

Is there a list of Virus Infections available that Uninfector is able to cure ?

#30 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

I have used version 0.1.0.5 in Win10 x64 OS and in Win8.1SE PE x64 and Win10PE x64 for scanning my two Win10 x64 OS on drive C: and E:

In Win10 x64 OS scanning went fine and an Uninfector.log file was created for drive C: with 2 entries CLEANED (the lnk to medion and Aldi as published previously)

Then I tried version 0.1.0.5 in Win8.1SE PE x64 and Win10PE x64 and got always the following error:

attachicon.gifUninfector105-Error-2015-10-26_084258.png

The AppInit_DLLs registry entry of SOFTWARE and _SOFTWARE are empty as indicated.

Unfortunately when running Unifector.exe again, then the Uninfector.log file created earlier is lost,

so that I cannot show or read that anymore ........

May be you can add a date_time stamp to the filename so that the Unifector_date_time.log file remains available.

Is there a list of Virus Infections available that Uninfector is able to cure ?

Thanks for the report.  I think I got it fixed now.  Please allow Uninfector.exe to update itself and test it again. Thanks!

#31 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  • Location:The greatest computer in the universe of time and space, designed by Deep Thought
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

Still having the same issue here.

The AppInit_DLLs value does not exist on this particular machine.

I created the Reg_Sz for it, leaving it empty and it still displays the same error.

It hasn't created any logs yet.

#32 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

When running 0.1.0.6 in the usual x64 PE's, then the same error still exists, but that error does not occur when running Uninfector in Win10 x64 OS.

#33 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

I'm using an x86 PE, just to give the developer more information.

#34 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

From what I have seen the issue doesn't stem from the APPINIT_DLL section at all. It is actually caused by the very next portion of the scan.  Which is the Folder Scanning.  So I will look into it some more.  Thanks for helping!

#35 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Can you guys test with this debug version for me?  Let me know what area in the gui it errors out at:

http://Techware.net/.../Uninfector.exe

Visually I see nothing wrong with the code anymore.  So I am at a loss as to why it is causing an issue. I can't seem to recreate the problem either.

Is there any way one of you could upload a copy of your WinPE somewhere so I can use it for testing? It would help out a lot!

#36 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

In Win10PE x64 (UEFI booting) then the debug version stops immediately as shown in the ScreenShot

Attached File  UninfectorDebug-2015-10-26_175920.png   501.58KB   0 downloads

In UEFI - Win10 x64 OS then the debug version is running OK.

I will PM a dropbox download link for my Win10PE + boot.sdi files

:cheers:

#37 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

New debug online.

Same link:

http://techware.net/.../Uninfector.exe

It is version 0.1.0.60 in the File Details. ;)

Downloading your PE files now wimb.  Thanks!  I should be able to get this fixed soon.  

#38 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:38 AM

In Win10PE then new debug version after hive selection (drive E: or C:) then after OK immediately scanning stops at Debug Section: FOLDERS2

Attached File  UnDebug2-2015-10-27_052732.png   506.73KB   0 downloads

In version 0.0.9.2 this error did not occur !

#39 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

The bug is fixed now.  I have updated the attached TechwareUninfector.zip with v0.1.0.7.  Thanks for the help wimb and d4vr0s! It's much appreciated!!!

#40 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

Uninfector Version 0.1.0.7 is doing fine in Win10PE x64 and in Win10 x64 OS  :1st:

I like your approach of virus removal in registry  :wub: , which is very fast (scanning in about 3 min) and unique as compared to other virus removal programs.

Attached File  Uninfector107-2015-10-27_082503.png   493.21KB   0 downloads

#41 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Uninfector Version 0.1.0.7 is doing fine in Win10PE x64 and in Win10 x64 OS  :1st:

I like your approach of virus removal in registry  :wub: , which is very fast (scanning in about 3 min) and unique as compared to other virus removal programs.

attachicon.gifUninfector107-2015-10-27_082503.png

Thanks wimb!  I do need to see if I can speed up the Services Scanning though.  I noticed in the newer versions it is much slower.  Also in WinPE it seems to be slower for some reason as well.  Also... there are certain portions that are currently being scanned more than once.  For instance within windows it scans the current logged in user... but later it scans all users... as well as the current user.  So I'm still gonna play with some ideas to hopefully speed things up again. ;)

#42 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for fixing this!

I just ran 0.1.0.7 on 2 computers and did not see any error messages.

It created a single log file on only 1 of them, does it not create one if it didn't clean anything?

#43 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

My two cents: Booting from Win7pe CD, it scans well xp-32, xp-64, win7-32 as already before.

One glitch:

For the second (and third) scan the "Download" dialog appeared again. I thought that latest data are already in the PE and said "No download".

Result: Error about missing uninfector database.

Suggestion:

Running in PE you should not delete anything after scan. Propably within some minutes nothing will change, and on next start of the PE Uninfector.defs is by design not present.

Peter

#44 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

Uninfector.Defs is only deleted from the %TEMP% directory where Uninfector copies it to. Uninfector does not use the Uninfector.Defs that you place next to Uninfector.exe except to copy it to the %Temp% directory.  I will double check the code.  But I don't have anywhere the code should be deleteing it from script folder.

As long as you choose "Do Not Show Again" box, a Config.ini should be created next to Uninfector.exe.  As long as the contents in the Config.ini file are present it should not ask to download.  It will just process the question exactly as it reads from Config.ini. For PE builds it would be best to ask the Download questions to the user during WinPE building in the Winbuilder gui or plugin somehow.  Then create the Config.ini accordingly. 

The Config.ini contents is very simple.

This is a Config.ini to Allow only Uninfector.Defs Downloading:

[Techware Uninfector Settings]
UpdateDefs=Y

This is a Config.ini to allow All Updates:

UpdateDefs=Y
UpdateExe=Y

This is a Config.ini if the user will provide their own Updated Defs file and does not wish to Update Uninfector.exe:

UpdateDefs=N

Update:  I looked through my code and there is nowhere that would be Deleting the Uninfector.Defs file except from the Root of the %Temp% directory.  There is also not code that would ever delete the Config.ini file if it is created.

• pscEx likes this

#45 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for fixing this!

I just ran 0.1.0.7 on 2 computers and did not see any error messages.

It created a single log file on only 1 of them, does it not create one if it didn't clean anything?

Yes a log file is only made if something is found.  I have been debating on if I should create a log file no matter what.

#46 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:08 PM

For PE builds it would be best to ask the Download questions to the user during WinPE building in the Winbuilder gui or plugin somehow.  Then create the Config.ini accordingly.

I already do so, and I will now implement the Config.ini logic into my plugin.

Peter

• Siginet likes this

#47 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Yes a log file is only made if something is found.  I have been debating on if I should create a log file no matter what.

I would encourage you to do so, it would show whether it ran and finished successfully or not. :)

#48 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

I would encourage you to do so, it would show whether it ran and finished successfully or not. :)

I actually plan to have a Message that pops up once it finishes to let the user know it is finished.  If there is a need to restart it will give the option to Restart Now or Later.  As well as I will create an Unattended command line option to suppress any messages from being displayed... unless it is an error. I might also have a silent switch to completely hide progress.

#49 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

I actually plan to have a Message that pops up once it finishes to let the user know it is finished.  If there is a need to restart it will give the option to Restart Now or Later.  As well as I will create an Unattended command line option to suppress any messages from being displayed... unless it is an error. I might also have a silent switch to completely hide progress.

IMO commandline options are not very recommandable. They need a couple of shortcuts created during build of the PE.

I would prefer to put the options into config.ini, e.g.:

Unattended=Y
PopUpOnFinish=Y
;Log=ON
Log=ON_ISSUE
;Log=OFF

Peter :cheers:

#50 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

IMO commandline options are not very recommandable. They need a couple of shortcuts created during build of the PE.

I would prefer to put the options into config.ini, e.g.:

Unattended=Y
PopUpOnFinish=Y
;Log=ON
Log=ON_ISSUE
;Log=OFF

Peter :cheers:

You are definitely right.  I will actually do both.  Thanks for the input! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adwcleaner, registry, cleanup, virus, malware, security, antivirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users