• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tokener

Tokener

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:03 AM

Does anybody know what a "Featured Download" is?

Zwischenablage01b.jpg

Best Regards   T.

• Brito likes this

#2 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 11:43 AM

It is just a 'featured' download.  They select one download and 'feature' it, that is put it in front of people so that they notice it.

GotchaBackup is a cool little utility that I have used for years.  It will backup users profiles on a Windows PC to another location.  Excellent for transferring users data to a new PC.  It has not been maintained but still works well.  

• Tokener likes this

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 March 2021 - 02:25 PM

They select one download and 'feature' it, that is put it in front of people so that they notice it.

The question of course being:

Who exactly are the "they"? :unsure:

Possible answers:

1) The Illuminati

2) The board Admin/moderators

3) Some random people over the internet

4) Others (not specified)

:dubbio:

:duff:

Wonko

• Tokener likes this

#4 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 21 March 2021 - 04:17 PM

Afaik, you can rule out number 2.
That would leave us 1,3,4 :)

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

Is that value changing? Also have no idea, probably indexing based on downloads or views.

#6 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2021 - 11:12 PM

Stop being ridiculous, people. If you ask me, it's definitely #2. My opinion is that it's an ad disguised as a "featured download".

I'm sure the Illuminati has MUCH, MUCH more important affairs to meddle in, so I'd say that rules them out. Not that I really believe in them anyway. People just want to believe that there is some shadowy power that controls the bigger picture. Here in the US some people would refer to this as the "deep state" or "shadow govt".

In much the same way, some people like to believe in a god/gods/God. They're convinced that there must be something bigger than everything, so they come up with these ideas and create justifications for them. I'm somewhere between agnostic and atheist. Better to keep an open mind, instead of settling on some belief without further investigation.

#7 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:08 AM

Agnostics are more open-minded than atheists. Btw, what has this got to do with software? Are you politicized, Vendetta?

#8 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:32 AM

Agnostics are more open-minded than atheists. Btw, what has this got to do with software? Are you politicized, Vendetta?

No...I could care less about politics...but...AnonVendetta for president! I wanna press the big red button!
  • antonino61 likes this

#9 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

you should see the young pope

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:33 PM

I'm sure the Illuminati has MUCH, MUCH more important affairs to meddle in, so I'd say that rules them out. Not that I really believe in them anyway. People just want to believe that there is some shadowy power that controls the bigger picture. Here in the US some people would refer to this as the "deep state" or "shadow govt".

Well, that is EXACTLY what The Illuminati want you to believe ... ;)

DevilTextversion5A.gif

Wonko

• wimb likes this

#11 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:19 AM

Well, that is EXACTLY what The Illuminati want you to believe ... ;)

DevilTextversion5A.gif

Wonko

In a literal sense, they did exist at some point in the distant past. But are thought to have "died out". And their purpose wasn't similar to the sinister reputation attributed to them now. The word simply means "illuminated", with "illuminatus" being the plural form.

They're also associated with Freemasonry, but not the same. There are a handful in my family, they never talk about the goings on at their meetings. A relative I won't name (now dead for many years) was both a decorated Navy SEAL, Freemason, and was contracted on numerous occasions by 3 letter agencies and federal law enforcement. Try as we might, he would never go into detail. A man of few words and strong moral/ethical convictions and a deep sense of patriotism.

#12 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:26 AM

the singular form ya mean; I know that was just a slippada finger

#13 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2021 - 01:31 AM

the singular form ya mean; I know that was just a slippada finger

Edit: my memory is wrong. Apparently Illuminati is plural and Illuminatus is singular. It's been awhile since I did any philosophical/historical reading. I'm more busy with day to day real life affairs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users