Photo
- - - - -

WinBuilder - localiziation team (GUI language)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bovirus

bovirus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

I'm interested to update the italian language for WinBuilder.

The current italian language is not updated as translation and number of strings (contains old not used strings and don't contain new strings - compared with _default.txt).

Could I help you?

Can I cooperate about the project about italian localization?

Who is the repsponsable of update/maintain the language files?

Thanks. bye.

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

I am not sure who exactly would be "responsible", but YES, YES, YES, we always welcome help.

My suggestion would be as a start to translate (update) a language file, and we can post/maintain it on the downloads section (where the executable and help files are located)...If you are interested in doing a much BIGGER project, the docs wiki files could be translated. For that, let me know (sending me a PM is fine), and you need a login on google to be able to save files to the wiki. There is a process for adding in language specific files, but so far, we haven't had anyone volunteer for the docs. I'm not sure which would be more valuable - translation of the general overview or of the function/API pages. Once translated, it would be easy to extract and make a CHM file specifically for any given language.

Thanks
Scott

#3 bovirus

bovirus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I already started the project to revise the italian langauge for WinBuidler.

I aligned the english and italian file as number of row and internal number refernece (I remove from italian not used lines and where wasn't available new strings in italian I copied the english one).

Now I'm revising line by line the italian language using the englishas master for the emaning (for me taht I'm italian it's quite difficult to understand the emaning of some current translation in current italian language - it emans taht is not so good...).

I will post here the revised language.

Please move it than the appropriate place.

#4 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Sure thing...AND any other "italians" want to jump in here to also review it would be welcome!

#5 bovirus

bovirus
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

Italian translation completed and revised.

http://www.adsl4all...._ItalianGUI.zip

Bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users