I’ve been looking at this site for a few days since it seems to be a launching point to other sites (in terms of links) and it also seems that there’s a great group of knowledgeable people here who try to solve problems that no one else wants to solve.
So thank you for spending your time in pursuing these tasks !
I also enjoy spending time solving interesting problems and have been doing it for 25 years so I understand the drive that you all have.
I have been reading a lot about adding 32 bit support to 64 bit winpe and I saw the page of Misty who explained in detail how to do all the steps manually but also referring to Win10PESE project.
Thank you Misty for putting all that together in your site.
After following your guide I have a few questions.
First of all my 32 Bit apps don’t open but I’m getting close because before I was getting side-by-side errors, but now those have disappeared after importing all the side by side registry keys, and are just replaced with this non descriptive error below:
I am also trying to do this work using Microsoft tools only since I would like to avoid any third party tools for company use.
I am currently using Windows 11 for the build which I get from Microsoft volume licensing center.
At this point I have two questions and if anyone here could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
1) The first question is : What programs do you all use to find the dependencies of files and specific registry settings?
2) The other question is: Can someone check my steps below in case I’m missing anything?
Here are all my steps described in high-level only;
- Using latest windows adk.
- Using latest Win11 iso from Microsoft
- Mounted win 11 install.wim and got all the files from necessary directories as explained here : http://mistyprojects...W64_WinPE10.htm
- Exported all registry keys from install.wim at the following locations:
HKLM Classes CLSID Wow6432node
Hklm Microsoft Windows current version | side by side
hklm Microsoft Windows current version | smi
- unload reg hive and unmount install.wim
- mount winpe boot.wim file from adk which is actually a winRE.wim and I’m using that as base because it has Wi-Fi and the Rejuvenation feature.
- copy all files in respective folders
- copy all reg files in respective locations
- delete hklm wow6432node Microsoft active setup | installedcomponents key.
- unmount hive and unmount the wim saving changes.
When I start winpe and click on a 32 bit executable I get the error in the screenshot above.
What am I missing here?
Thank you very much.