8 replies to this topic

#1 pilot

pilot
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

I was just wondering if you would be able to help me with the program. It was running on a computer to route IP addresses I believe before to our thin clients. (Note I am a new co-op taking over for someone else, and no documentation was left).

The WYSE Device Manager needed to be reinstalled and the TFTPd32 was working previous but didn't seem to work. Now when I am using it I am getting nothing for the routing. The message says that:

Can't bind the BOOTP port to address! Either you don't have necessary privileges or a BOOTP daemon is already started or IP Configuration has changed. Bind returns error -1; GetLastError 10048

Currently this computer has been setup for it's own IP being 192.168.1.1 in the TCP/IP Protocol in Network Connections, so it is not connected to the network. I have to figure how to setup the DHCP server for this to be 1. On the network and to route to the Thin Clients so we can get updates to them with WYSE Device Manager.

Any Thoughts? (Pictures to follow for settings)

#2 Ph. Jounin

Ph. Jounin

• Developer
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

Just a though : in the settings windows, is the box "bind DHCP to this address" checked ? --> uncheck it.

Possibly you can use the latest release (3.22) : the errors detection is better.

#3 pilot

pilot
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

I have just downloaded the newest version. It is still giving an error msg on TFTP and DHCP now.
Saying:
Error 10048
Only one usage of each socker address (protocol / network address / port)

Tftpd32 can not bind the DHCP port
and application is already listening on this port.

I have it set for 192.168.1.1 and the bind boxes are checked now for the DHCP and TFTP on this new version (was no boxes on previous it was 3.00)

#4 shinanigans

shinanigans
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

If you receive this error, "Can't bind the BOOTP port to address!" --> this means that you already have an application that is accessing that port! Or at least a conflict--- I would suggest uninstalling the application and re-installing....

Shutdown all applications and try again, when i got this, it was faster to reinstall XP than to trouble shoot it....

WYSE Device Manager needed to be reinstalled and the TFTPd32 ??????????????????????????????????
Why is TFTPd32 installed on the same machine as WDM? Tftpd32 is NOT meant to be installed on the same machine, i think it says that in the Wyse Simple Imager .pdf notes.

Goodluck

#5 Ravi Modi

Ravi Modi
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hi,

I am also getting the same problem.
The above problem started after I have activated Internet Sharing on my computer.
When I disable Internet Connection there is no problem. I need Internet Connection
for other Hard Disk based nodes. I am using Tftpd32 for one diskless node.

Is there any work around for this problem ?

Thanks.

#6 ryko

ryko
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hi,
I also have the same problem.
I solved it by starting tftpd/dhcpd before internet share/firewall service.
... but once this service is restarted nothing is possible anymore. :thumbsup:
regards

Ryko

#7 Don Juane

Don Juane
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

I also have the same problem. WinXP

#8 andriusst

andriusst

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Lithuania

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hi guys,

Windows internet connection sharing is routing and DHCP service. When it is enabled it starts with windows and takes control over port 67. TFTPD32 also has DHCP service and tries to use port 67 too but fails because it is already in use.

The same thing happens with Wyse thingy. It probably has its own DHCP or TFTP service which interferes with TFTPD32.

Hope this explains.

regards,
Andrius

#9 skeetabomb

skeetabomb
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

Can you run the following command in a command window: "netstat -ano" and then either "tasklist" if windows based or "ps -a" if linux based and match the id of the running process that is using port 67 to one from the tasklist/process list (ps)? This should tell you which running process is actually using port 67. Port numbers are used by remote systems to identify the application/process on the end system/target with which it wants to communicate, which is why only one process can use a given port at any one time. One process can, however, use multiple port numbers for various tasks. It is a one-to-many relationship between process and ports.

Also, make sure there are absolutely no firewalls either running locally on either system or in the network between the systems. I (stupidly) wasted hours of sleep over a number of days before I realised that the machine I was running tftpd32 on had Active Directory Group Policies on it that were blocking all traffic to/from the tftp32 application and I did not not have the permission to change them...I moved tftpd32 to a personal system and the bootp/tftp download worked straight away without a hitch. Silly me...being a firewall consultant and all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users