5 replies to this topic

#1 Zero3K

Zero3K

• Deactivated
  • 35 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

I am getting no sound when using a compiled ac97 audio driver from WDK 8.1's sample code in a Windows 7 (x86)/Windows Server 2003 (x86) VM ran using VirtualBox 6.0.20. I have noticed that there is a CIV is out of range error being mentioned in the debug output shown in WinDbg. I chatted with a developer who told me that its possibly an issue with its MAX_BDL_ENTRIES code. I am attaching the debug output that I get when changing DBG_DEFAULLT to DBG_ALL in the proper line of code found in its debug.h file.

Attached Files

#2 Zero3K

Zero3K

• Deactivated
  • 35 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:58 PM

I am attaching a driver so people can replicate the issue that I mentioned.

Attached Files

#3 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:24 AM

*fingercrossing* ..

it's for a good thing, it's for a common thing and unfortunately i can't programming, could anyone maybe looking on the code

and if he maybe able in compiling the code directly for x86 and for x86_64 WinNT as driver could it works also at win7 up to Win10 for Virtualbox (looking to Zero3K: it's the code from Intel/MS ?)

best regards

Blacky

#4 Zero3K

Zero3K

• Deactivated
  • 35 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:59 AM

Yes, the problem is occurring in the code available from Microsoft. I got it from https://github.com/m...ple/C++/driver.

#5 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:33 AM

how ever, almost from Intel/MS so from the original Programmers what it is use as Virtual Programmed Device for VirtualBox .. *nod the head* :fine:

#6 Zero3K

Zero3K

• Deactivated
  • 35 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

"if you want to focus efforts with your partner, first fix it on windows. according my findings, the problem is between the circular buffer in stream.cpp, and the chip interface in adapter.cpp" is what one guy in a chat room told me. Also, I am attaching the latest modified source code that I want the fix applied to.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users