#1 Borg0Bot22

Borg0Bot22
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:13 PM

Hello RBP forum members,

I have no formal education/knowledge with how to install/use ventoy boot manager so be appropriate with your replies( :huh:)..

I am wanting to manually install ventoy boot UEFI files to a "UFD" in windows to run a multiboot windows/linux iso environment;that being said i have attempted to use the "point and click" method of installing ventoy uefi boot files to a UFD with invalidation (idk...usb is not ready error??) errors so would like to know how i may install (manually mind you!!)the main "VENTOYEFI" boot files/folders to the USB so that i may add the payload iso files to choose from:windows setup/PE,Linux Live DIstros etc..

I have found other UEFI ready USB boot managers online~~Clover EFI,UEFI:NTSF but i have had success in creating using ventoy on previous UFDs so would like to stick with it...

appreciate any helpful replies,links to manually copy ventoy EFI ffiles to a UFD that has been diskpart multipartitioned with windows 10 PC... :unsure: :unsure:

B0B

#2 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:41 PM

appreciate any helpful replies,links to manually copy ventoy EFI ffiles to a UFD that has been diskpart multipartitioned with windows 10 PC..

B0B

That is not possible.

The author of Ventoy introduced changes to explicitly avoid doing it since version 1.0.28.

Ventoy topic in reboot.pro, from this post:

Ventoy starting from version 1.0.28 has this note on page: https://www.ventoy.n...n/doc_news.html

2020/11/14 --- 1.0.28 release

Prohibit the use of Ventoy in unofficial environments. Notes

So it will not work if it is on a partition layout not created by itself.

The USB device has to be created (formated) since the begining using Ventoy.

In Windows environment: Just download last available version ventoy-1.0.78-windows.zip      

Extract it to a folder in your HD, plug your USB device, and run Ventoy2Disk.exe from the extracted folder, (for installation guide see this link), select your prefered options and follow instructions to create (format) a USB device to use Ventoy.

Additionally you may need the plugins mentioned on this post.

alacran

• Tokener likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uefi, usb, ventoy

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users