#1 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 05 March 2023 - 07:39 AM

Greetings !

As far as i know ramdisk is software phisically created ram disk drive.

I installed and run windows 10 from ramdisk on host operation system with hypervisor.

I boot many linux distribution easy with a charm only with "toram" parameter set in grub menu. It works great.

How to boot Windows 10 directly into RAM memory and run from it.

What is needed would be grub4dos program on top of flash drive Windows OS stripped small size iso or vhd(x) file

and firadisk or SvBus  driver with disabled sign options in windows.

Can you decribe and mention exact steps to do it and best practice or better methods please?Thank you

Best regards :)))

• antonino61 likes this

#2 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 March 2023 - 10:14 AM

yeah, 'takes 1 helluvalotta reading, though. 'ready 4 that?

#3 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 05 March 2023 - 04:39 PM

yeah, why not. InShort: Im ready to sacrifice copying time into ram and then to enjoy of speeds of ddr5 6K mhz. I found very usefull for me (personally) all data to be erased after power off and memory clears.

Edited by f0rhand, 05 March 2023 - 04:44 PM.

#4 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2023 - 04:57 AM

At first I would advice to reduce the size of installation with the help of NTLite [paid] or WinReducer [free] . At the very least clear all those unneeded printer drivers that take up a lot of space. 

• antonino61 and f0rhand like this

#5 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 March 2023 - 07:19 PM

I would like to know whether svbus can load a folder into ram

#6 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 05:12 AM

I would like to know whether svbus can load a folder into ram

Not sure I follow this question but anything can be loaded in to ram through a ramdrive. Like ImDisk for example.

• antonino61 likes this

#7 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2023 - 06:47 AM

ramloading extra material in a supplementary vhd beside the os vhd thru svbus, which already loads the latter in its own right - does not seem to be so consistent in loading the secondary vhd if the os is win11. so I was wondering if svbus could ramload a portion of a real disk, like a folder or something. in ur view, I should use svbus for the os vhd (which I always have done) and Imdisk for anything else. as the secondary vhd contains material junctioned back to the os vhd, everything would work only if the timing is favourable, lest the junctions should be left hanging on for lack of "communication" with the imdisk-loaded stuff if this stuff is not yet loaded at the time the os "requires" it to be. as long as it worked ok, svbus did a great job timing-wise, would imdisk as well?

#8 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 06:51 AM

I'm at loss. No clue what you're talking about. Sorry.

#9 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2023 - 07:32 AM

if u have windows 11 and windows 10 u can have c++ and net framework folders in common - no need to have the same stuff on 2 vhds. in order to have only one instance of both u should have the c++ and net framework folders outside the vhds in a folder as subfolders and junction them back to each c:\windows in each vhd (win11 and win10). the problem is that when the system (whether win10 or win11) boots up, it must be junction sensitive (if the junction dlls have not loaded during the process, the system does not know of anything junctioned from outside back into the vhd). As a result, it hangs, because it does not yet know where c++ and net framework have gone. if the junction service is operational the system does know where they are and the junctioning takes place as normal. now who tells me that with imdisk everything will be so timely as to make the junctions available for the system to have everything as and where it should be?  

#10 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 10:35 AM

Oh I see now.

No. ImDisk wont help at all with that. And I have no idea what would.

• antonino61 likes this

#11 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2023 - 11:35 AM

So u r positive it would kick in 2 late in my case

#12 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2023 - 12:44 PM

Yes. It's a non essential third party system driver. Not sure, but I am afraid It would load after user login even. And I don't know how one can change the load order, or anything like that. I am not that literate on the subject. 

• antonino61 likes this

#13 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 March 2023 - 02:41 PM

and I guess my testing has just come to prove your point. well, i have recently found out how it goes - at first, when u load an os vhd and another vhd together, the latter takes the first useful letter by default. but if u give it another letter, then it will obey u from then on. so now I have been able to load both vhds and have the junction across them work ok.

#14 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 10 March 2023 - 12:49 AM

2days ago: Corsair introduce RAM Vengeance DDR5-7000 sticks 48GB(2x24GB). & DDR5 5200 sticks 192GB(4x48GB).

Timings 7K: 40-52-52-114:Voltage 1.4V     Timings 5K: 38-38-38-84: Voltage 1.25V  Cost: 275USB | 725USB

Gladly would try ramdisk on this :)

#15 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2023 - 07:24 AM

just outta curiosity, how much is that?

#16 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 10 March 2023 - 06:22 PM

what you mean by how much ?

#17 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2023 - 07:13 PM

Cuánto cuesta?

#18 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 10 March 2023 - 08:43 PM

RIght after Voltage there is the cost: 275 USD &  725 USD(Dollars). Instead USD i made USB lol :D  United States Dollar is a currency. USB Universal Serial Bus was made buy 1 wrong letter :D

#19 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 March 2023 - 08:59 AM

sorry I did not see all the figures

#20 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 14 March 2023 - 01:38 AM

antonio, why dont read messages ?

#21 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 March 2023 - 07:03 AM

I do read messages; I only did not pay attention to all figures u had written before u pointed it all out.

#22 f0rhand

f0rhand
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Chile

Posted 15 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

No, i mean private messages. I ask you a questions before  6days and still shows Read:not yet read. and you are active in the forum. Im wondering is really not yet read or the forum shows wrong info again or you really didn saw it?

Sent 6 days ago

Buonasera, antonino! smile.png

Just from curiosity, what size VHD use for ramboot (and really how small you reach)?

PS:Hai sentito dell’astronauta claustrofobico? (Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?

No. Che gli è successo? (No. What about him?)

Aveva solo bisogno di spazio! (He just needed some space!)

jajaja , nvm

Edited by f0rhand, 15 March 2023 - 01:05 PM.

• antonino61 likes this

#23 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 March 2023 - 08:42 PM

sorry, never pay enough attention to private messages because I do not even think I could ever get them, but I am sometimes wrong, apparently. I have already answered ur message and I repeat my reply here - used space about a gig, total vhd space about one and a half gigs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users