2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi friends,

I have check the script and replace commands that incompatibel with new Win7PE_SE.

But I cant test it, I have no Acronis BR11.

I have made changes blind and hope now it works.

Here you can download and test it:

Attached File  AcronisBackupAndRecovery11.script   41.56KB   54 downloads

Best regards

2aCD

#77 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Well, I now see the Acronis Removeable Storage Management Service in the services list (it wasn't there before you updated the script) but it is not started.  I tried to start it manually and it wont start.  I checked to make sure the executable it points to "X:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms\arsm.exe" exist and it does.  Also the mms service does not start.  I also checked for its existence at X:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms\mms.exe and it does exist.  Both of these services are set t start automatically but they for some reason do not.  Any ideas?

#78 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

It's difficult, I cant test it.

Is the build running without Errors? (I need the log)

The manual start of both Services will also not work (have you error Messages at start Service)?

#79 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I have update the download in previous post.

Can you please try again.

#80 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Wow, you are genius.  It worked perfectly.  Services started and Acronis loads when launched.  I'm still struggling trying to get a drive to auto map on startup.  Under WinBuilder PeNetwork I have checked the box that says "PeNetwork_after.cmd.  I've edited that file and added the following:

net use m: \\<my fileserver NetBIOS name>\m$ <password removed> /user:<username removed>

It's not mapping for some reason.  If you have any tips I would appreciate it.

#81 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ok, I'm glad it works :D 

I think for mapping networkdrives it is better to use NetworkProfiles in PENetwork instead PENetwork_after.cmd

select 'use profiles on network startup' and edit profiles. A drivemapping with username and password here you can defined.

#82 dsolomon

dsolomon

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hello, Glad to see Acronis is still an interest in win7PE. I am working on modifying this AcronisBackupAndRecovery11.script from 2aCD to work with the latest 11.5 build 37613 (latest as of 2013/08/26) <---not sure if im formatting the date correct for all the people overseas (i am american)

I will start a new topic when i make progress. I will definitely need assistance.

As of right now, the AcronisBackupAndRecovery11.script outputs this error after renaming WinPE32.zip to WinPE.zip. (this script looks for winpe.zip and 11.5.37613 has this named as winPE32.zip and winPE64.zip)

Attached Files

#83 dsolomon

dsolomon

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I am attempting to make the 11.5.37687 build of acronis work with this script.

discussion here http://reboot.pro/to...7687-in-win7pe/

#84 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

For some reason on some machines the Y:\ (usb flash) is not present when Win7PESE loads.  None of the machines have USB3 ports so it's not a driver issue as far as I can see.  Also the usb mouse and keyboard work even when the flash drive does not show up.  It does show up in disk management though and I can manually assign it a drive letter of Y:\.  The drive is formatted FAT32 and Cdusb.Y is present in the root of the drive.  The interesting thing is using the same exact driverpacks my old WinBuilder v.17 loads the Y:\ correctly on those machines. Any ideas on what is going on here?  Am I do something wrong?

#85 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Have you enabled 'LetterSwap'?

#86 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Where is that located?  I see cd drive-x: - y: is checked.

#87 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

In WB \Apps\SystemTools

It is a new script to redirect Hostdrive with System to C:\ 

I sometimes had problems with drive letters when booting from the USB.

Disable it for tests please.

#88 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

No luck even disabling the letterswap script.  I disconnected all the hard drives in the machine and when it boots the flash drive is drive C.  Any other ideas?

#89 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ok, so I started with a virgin project.  I unzipped Win7PE_SE_2013-05-24 into a new directory.  I rebuilt the project with no driverpacks and no app scripts (everything default) to make sure that it wasn't something I added.  Remember this is an older pc (Intel DH57JG motherboard).  Still when I boot up it shows the flash drive a E: when the hard drive is attached and C: when the hard drive is unplugged.  I'm not sure why it's not assigning Y: to the flash drive like it does on other computers.  If I go to X:\Windows\System32 and run mountpemedia.exe it will change it from whatever drive letter it is to Y:\.  Any ideas?

Edited by Johnb175, 28 August 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#90 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Another update.  I copied the CDDrive_X_Y.script (v.4) from my old 2011 WinBuilder and replaced the (v.16) in the latest WinBuilder .  I rebuilt the project and low and behold the Y:\ mapped at startup on the machine.  Is there something wrong with the new script on some hardware?

#91 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Oh yes, the CDDrive_X_Y.script now works with new detection of search CDdrive.

The search now works with autoit-script system32\MountPEmedia.exe and MountPEmedia.ini for Settings.

the exe write a logfile in %temp% at Startup. Can you look into the log file.

The Flagfile for CDRom is searched (CdUsb.Y) and if it found remount volume to Y:

#92 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Ok, I booted off the flash drive, opened explorer and typed %temp% which brought me to Ramdisk (B:)\Temp.  There is no file in that directory.

#93 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I did find a MountPEmedia.log in x:\windows\temp.  You can find the log here.  The very last line of the log says "All drives are ready without finding CdUSB.Y or IsoName ! Exit."  The strange thing is if I open explorer, the flash drive is there, although it's drive C:\ and the CdUSB.Y file does exist on it in the root of the drive.

Edited by Johnb175, 29 August 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#94 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Ok, I'm glad it works :D 

I think for mapping networkdrives it is better to use NetworkProfiles in PENetwork instead PENetwork_after.cmd

select 'use profiles on network startup' and edit profiles. A drivemapping with username and password here you can defined.

I selected the Dynamic IP profile and added to the net use command to the "CMDs after startup" section,  After I built the project it would still not map.  I then went in and added a "sleep 15" to run before the net use command, rebuilt and it seemed to work.  I'm guessing that the CMD's after startup was running before the NIC pulls an IP address from the DHCP server.  Is what I did the proper way to achieve this?

#95 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hm..

:dubbio:

I have compile a check for you. Can you copy the exe to your flashdisk and run it on PE please and give me a response.

Attached File  CheckDrives.7z   277.75KB   5 downloads

#96 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

When I run it, it pops up a window and says 4 drives found.

#97 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thats ok,

Download removed

This test check all drives and popup a message for each drive and find also the CdUsb.Y on one of them.

Are all messages ok?

#98 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

When I run the exe I get a popup titled AutoIt Error which reads:

Line 6 (File "C:\CheckDrives2.exe"):

Error: Error in Expression

#99 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ok a Little bug in this line. But then he found the CdUsb.Y correct.

So, it seems it is a timing problem on different Hardware.

I have modify the CDDrive script to prevent this. But I don't know if that help. I can't reproduce this problem.

Download removed

#100 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ok so I rebuilt with your v17 test script and it still puts the flash drive as C:\ rather than Y:\.  I notice your file is 986KB when the original was 102KB.  Is that correct?  That seems like a huge difference in size.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acronis, backup & recovery 11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users