guimenez

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Congratulations for your nice work.

Please how can i change the script to install only one shell (explorer).
And how can i put imagex on it

many thanks

#52 ninjabilly

ninjabilly

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

is this pxe bootable, i have been using grub and gpxelinux to pxe boot this but after the loading windows 7 screen it goes blank and stays that way.

This is my grub config
APPEND APPEND --config-file="map (rd)+1 (hd32); map --hook; root (hd32); chainloader (hd32);"

#53 kantzy

kantzy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the great script.
I am using Liberkey and is working great on PE.

Thanks once again.

#54 kantzy

kantzy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

I am facing a strange issue with the script.

When i have Windows 7 installed on my machine, and i boot with a USB built using this script.. there are no issues
But when i have a window xp installed on the machine, and i boot using the USB the PEnetwork identifies the network card but does not show up in the interface. The speed and mac address show blank.
In device manager of PE, the network card comes up with a exclamation.

I have included the required drivers...

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

#55 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:50 AM

Every Windows 7 has equipped with Windows PE (Winre) as a recovery tools that can be access from install DVD, recovery folder or system repair cd.
All those Winre image are the same image except start with different shell.

Windows 7 also has Dism to mount/unmount wim image, all of that resources (winre and dism) can be use to build custom Windows 7 PE without downloading WAIK.

I made a batch command to build custom Windows 7 PE using winre image, mount wim image using dism, add additional file/registry, save wim image and create bootable ufd using diskpart to be used with Windows 7 PE.
it has additional tasks also to make back up entry of installed Windows 7 so you can use UFD to boot current windows 7.
more details about build process can be read in readme.txt
limitations:
-My_7PE can only be run on windows 7 or windows 7 PE
-My_7PE support WIndows 7 32 bit only
My_7PE tested on Windows 7 en-US only, but it supposed to automatically detect distribution language and international settings, please let me know if does not work for others distribution languages.

Due to similarity of build processes with Wimb's Make_PE3, i use packages/file list and registry from Make_PE3. thanks to Wimb for his great effort :thumbup:
credits goes to Wimb and others original author :dubbio:

here some screenshots My_7PE running some portable apps
(notes: portables apps are not included, you can add portable apps to ufd and manage using pstart)
Posted ImagePosted Image

My_7PE has been updated, see post #34
Download My_7PE from here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwokx3adrnw
feedback and corrections and wellcome.

@Wimb, i add some more registry tweak/fix, you can take a look if it is needs for your build.

I've booted the My_7pe.iso from grub4dos and it says "Error 60: file for drive emulation must be in one contiguous area" i just defragged it using wincontig but the error continues Hey! can you just tell me how do i boot this iso from grub4dos :thumbup:
find --set-root --ignore-floppies /7PE.isomap /7PE.iso (hd32)map --hookroot (hd32)chainloader (hd32)

#56 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

I've booted the My_7pe.iso from grub4dos and it says "Error 60: file for drive emulation must be in one contiguous area" i just defragged it using wincontig but the error continues Hey! can you just tell me how do i boot this iso from grub4dos :thumbup:

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /7PE.isomap /7PE.iso (hd32)map --hookroot (hd32)chainloader (hd32)

I think this may be better in the grub4dos forum, but what is the size of the ISO file. And how much memory do you have? I *think* (but you should ask/clarify in the grub4dos forum) that this method of booting from an ISO has to map the iso into RAM first. Have you tried booting the iso directly in a VM?

Scott

#57 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

I think this may be better in the grub4dos forum, but what is the size of the ISO file. And how much memory do you have? I *think* (but you should ask/clarify in the grub4dos forum) that this method of booting from an ISO has to map the iso into RAM first. Have you tried booting the iso directly in a VM?

Scott

Ya i tried booting the iso into vm it works. But it doesn't boot from my (UBUSB, MULTIPASS PROJECT) UFD. iso file size: 243 mb. and i'll try posting the message in grub4dos forum. thanks dude

m041633n

#58 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hi,
I boot 7PE from USB and install proper drivers.
It looks nice in device manager, and I now want to keep the chance for the next boot.
Anyway to do that?

Can I install directX on it?
Can I have dotnet framework 2 on it?

Thanks,
McR

Hey! how did you boot this My_7pe.iso from UFD. Can you please tell me the grub4dos entries :thumbup:

#59 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

Can you guys tell me how do i REMOVE/ENABLE the "Press any key to boot from dvd" like the plugin found in Bart pe to remove this option. Any way Tsetya please include this option in your My_7pe project. Waiting for help :dubbio:

#60 nemesys

nemesys
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

Not sure about an addon though you can use the rt7lite Windows 7 customizer to remove the option iirc.

Can you guys tell me how do i REMOVE/ENABLE the "Press any key to boot from dvd" like the plugin found in Bart pe to remove this option. Any way Tsetya please include this option in your My_7pe project. Waiting for help biggrin.gif

Edited by nemesys, 29 September 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#61 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

Delete bootfix.bin in boot folder.

#62 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Delete bootfix.bin in boot folder.

Hey! i doubted about that bootfix.bin :dubbio: . anyway its working & i've checked it Thanks dude :thumbup: . can you just tell me the GRUB4DOS entries to boot the My_7pe.iso from the usb. my previous build worked well but when i formatted my UFD for ENNA GEEXBOX iso (for GRUB4DOS MULTIPASS UFD). its just turned upside down like all the iso's are booting including enna geexbox but not My_7pe. I've made this build with latest My_7pe builder :thumbup:

#63 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Is there any way / is it possible to include all windows 7 signed drivers to the My_7pe :dubbio:

#64 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I don't have knowledge about GRUB4DOS. Why don't you integrate with dism or put inside inf/drivers folders. It changes with the driver you want to integrate.

#65 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

I don't have knowledge about GRUB4DOS. Why don't you integrate with dism or put inside inf/drivers folders. It changes with the driver you want to integrate.

:dubbio: .Ya! i know how to integrate there is a text file which shows how to integrate. But i want to extract & integrate all the windows 7 drivers is there any tutorial or it is possible for adding all windows 7 drivestore/ windows 7 dvd/ signed drivers to the My_7pe. Any howto's/tutorial will be helpful/appreciated :thumbup:

#66 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Where can i ask how to's or any other questions for My_7pe :thumbup:

#67 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

I'VE ADDED ALL WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS TO My_7PE

Can someone tell me adding all WINDOWS 7 DRIVERSTORE / inf /drivers will make My_7PE unstable ??

#68 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'VE ADDED ALL WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS TO My_7PE

Can someone tell me adding all WINDOWS 7 DRIVERSTORE / inf /drivers will make My_7PE unstable ??

I think you're missing a word or so, do you mean "Can someone tell me IF adding all . . ."

Yes it can potentially, but it did not make mine unstable. I downloaded all the mass storage, LAN and WLAN drivers and it loads up just fine. Try removing some of the drivers, for instance chipset and sound and try and narrow it down.

#69 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

There's no Search option and the EXPLORER search didn't work <_< . Do i've to use 3rd party search programs like EVERYTHING / is there any way to enable the search feature ??? <_<

#70 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

There's no Search option and the EXPLORER search didn't work <_< . Do i've to use 3rd party search programs like EVERYTHING / is there any way to enable the search feature ??? <_<

Win 7's search is a weird little beast that appears to be more "built in" than previous versions of Windows search.

I made a script for Everything. I prefer it over the Superfinder thing that is in the Win7PE_SE package. I like the way it finds stuff so fast and the Web / FTP mini server comes in handy once in a while too.

Script below, you will have to attach the everything.exe to it.

&#91;main&#93;

Title=Everything File Locator

Description=Everything fast file locator

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=1

Mandatory=False

Download_Level=0

&#91;variables&#93;

%ProgramTitle%=Everything

%ProgramEXE%=Everything.exe

%ProgramFolder%=Everything

&#91;process&#93;

RunFromRAM,TRUE

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%

unpack

&#91;EncodedFolders&#93;

Folder

&#91;Folder&#93;

Everything.exe=277027,369370

&#91;EncodedFile-Folder-Everything.exe&#93;

#71 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

Win 7's search is a weird little beast that appears to be more "built in" than previous versions of Windows search.

I made a script for Everything. I prefer it over the Superfinder thing that is in the Win7PE_SE package. I like the way it finds stuff so fast and the Web / FTP mini server comes in handy once in a while too.

Script below, you will have to attach the everything.exe to it.

&#91;main&#93;

Title=Everything File Locator

Description=Everything fast file locator

Selected=True

Level=5

Version=1

Mandatory=False

Download_Level=0

&#91;variables&#93;

%ProgramTitle%=Everything

%ProgramEXE%=Everything.exe

%ProgramFolder%=Everything

&#91;process&#93;

RunFromRAM,TRUE

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%

unpack

&#91;EncodedFolders&#93;

Folder

&#91;Folder&#93;

Everything.exe=277027,369370

&#91;EncodedFile-Folder-Everything.exe&#93;

that's cool but i wanna integrate it to My_7pe does it affect your my_7pe project

#72 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

Mouse doesnt have scrolling option / Scrolling option not working in My_7pe / no Active X support (Flash players, SWF)

#73 m041633n

m041633n

• Tutorial Writer
  • 76 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

i wanna tell this info to you guys. I've added REGALYZER to My_7pe. Regalyzer just auto loads the host systems registry hives. It'll be easy & handy to view & edit the original system registry without using any command line syntax like "reg load hklm\blah SOFTWARE".

#74 f2neo

f2neo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

First of all, thanx for all the good work everyone !

Then... the original (first post) mediafire link is down

If the author can't be reached for now...

Can recent users (like Rootman or m041633n) upload the last release somewhere ?

Thanx again

#75 kcmjr

kcmjr
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

First of all, thanx for all the good work everyone !

Then... the original (first post) mediafire link is down

If the author can't be reached for now...

Can recent users (like Rootman or m041633n) upload the last release somewhere ?

Thanx again

There is an older version available via Google search at http://www.mediafire.com/?amtxym4nom2. The script is internally tagged as "03 Juni 2010 - tri_zet" but I have no way of knowing what the latest version was. File size on this one was 4.46 mb, the other appears to be 4.7 mb. I've run this one and it does work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users