#1 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

winstallinux.png

Winstallinux - Windows Installer (Xp, 7, 8, 10+ Server) with its disk editor, helps to quickly and easily install the OS in Legacy mode and UEFI form Windows and from Linux.

In the command line specify only the path WIM or ESD file. To install the Xp-Server 2003 operating systems, specify

the /old command.

About XP-Server 2003 - The program can only install packed systems in a WIM or ESD image.

On Linux wimtools must be installed, and on Windows, wimlib files must be located in the same directory as winstallinux.

Commands to run
winstallinux D:\sources\install.wim
winstallinux /media/root/sdb1/sources/install.esd /old

Edited by rradjab, 07 April 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#2 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

Congratulations I like very much your iniciative, it is very nice to see new projects, but in this particular case you are competing with WinNTSetup one of the best programs for installing Windows from a WinPE.

Nevertheless I have to admit your program have also the possibility to make the install from a Linux OS.

Can I assume any Linux Live CD/DVD should work? or are there any limitations on what distro to use?

I'm asking this because Puppy Linux seems to me as a good candidate to use for my tests, or maybe Parted Magic (pmagic_2018_10_12.iso)?

About the requirement of having wimtools installed when running from Linux I think you should put a link for it, wimlib-imagex can run under Linux too, following a quote from: https://wimlib.net/

On UNIX, wimlib handles hard links and symbolic links and can optionally handle UNIX-specific metadata such as uids, gids, modes, and extended attributes. UNIX users can take advantage of the integration with NTFS-3G to directly capture from and apply to block devices containing NTFS filesystems. This allows Windows operating systems to be backed up and deployed from a live Linux system, for example. Linux users can also take advantage of the FUSE support to mount WIM images read-only or read-write (see: wimmount, wimmountrw).

I will wait for your comments before trying your program.

alacran

#3 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:26 AM

Congratulations I like very much your iniciative, it is very nice to see new projects, but in this particular case you are competing with WinNTSetup one of the best programs for installing Windows from a WinPE.

Nevertheless I have to admit your program have also the possibility to make the install from a Linux OS.

thank you! 

Can I assume any Linux Live CD/DVD should work? or are there any limitations on what distro to use?

I'm asking this because Puppy Linux seems to me as a good candidate to use for my tests, or maybe Parted Magic (pmagic_2018_10_12.iso)?

the executable file winstallinux runs on debian based systems, i've tested it in Slax Linux, and works normally.

About the requirement of having wimtools installed when running from Linux I think you should put a link for it, wimlib-imagex can run under Linux too, following a quote from: https://wimlib.net/

yes, you're right. but how can i edit post? 

and i forget to write, in order to install Windows 10 from Linux, you need to fix the problem with NTFS-3g ("Relaxed limitations on security descriptors")
I can give a link to a working Slax Linux which i modified, with fixed NTFS-3G, Wimtools, Winstallinux inside if you want to check

Edited by rradjab, 08 April 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

thank you! 

the executable file winstallinux runs on debian based systems, i've tested it in Slax Linux, and works normally.

yes, you're right. but how can i edit post? 

and i forget to write, in order to install Windows 10 from Linux, you need to fix the problem with NTFS-3g ("Relaxed limitations on security descriptors")
I can give a link to a working Slax Linux which i modified, with fixed NTFS-3G, Wimtools, Winstallinux inside if you want to check

Yes, give me the link please.

alacran

#5 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

Yes, give me the link please.

alacran

http://rra.az/raboot

#6 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:15 AM

would not bad, if this software supports Reactos(WinServer2003) just as note ..

already tested ? https://reactos.org/getbuilds/

#7 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

not tested yet

#8 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

Application was updated:

Program developed for Windows and Linux (Debian), for installing Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10)
with its own file manager and a disk editor, contains the Wimlib library for unpacking WIM, ESD images
and the ImDisk program for mounting ISO images and does not need external programs to work.
Application for Windows and Linux(Debian).

The program can also be launched from the command line, just specify the path to the image:
winstallinux D:\Images\Windows10.iso

added / fixed:
Added file manager for the convenience of working with the application.
Added ImDisk for automatically mounting ISO images, Wimlib for unpacking Windows images.
Partition labels are already displayed in the disk editor
Fixed issue with formatting partitions and installing OS

Edited by rradjab, 23 January 2020 - 10:44 AM.

#9 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

the program also does not need the / old switch and it determines which version of Windows is selected (HP or higher)
in Linux, the program checks for wimlib in the system, otherwise installs and replaces libntfs-3g.so. *** with the patched version, therefore it is recommended to run the program on Linux mini systems (Slax, etc.)

Edited by rradjab, 26 January 2020 - 08:24 AM.

#10 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:16 AM

virus detected for download not multilang english; russe

Edited by vigipirate, 01 February 2020 - 07:18 AM.

#11 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Perhaps the reason for the protection of the site rra.az
and program is multilangual, there are choice for language selection ( russian or english )

#12 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:38 PM

Hello
or have the language in french for me at the opening of the program i have either russian or english thank you for your work is your help

#13 rradjab

rradjab

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

hi, thank you too  :)

ok, i will add french in following versions of program)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users