nativeEx_Win7 goes Turbo

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

I added a script BaseBuildEx.Script to the project.
What it does, you can see in the GUI
BaseBuildEx.gif
And here the log of a minimum build (w/o additional apps / drivers etc.)
BaseBuildExLog.gif

Peter

#2 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hello

i got a download error

an error has ocurred and file bla bla bla was not downloaded

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hello

i got a download error

an error has ocurred and file bla bla bla was not downloaded

Sorry!

Fixed.

Peter

#4 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

What did i do wrong??

#5 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

A guess only... But this happend to me once, i solved it by manually deleting the Workbench cache folder once (it will rebuild it anyway). After this my problem got solved.

#6 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

PSC: This tool looks ultra-cool! Will experiment with it after christmas.

I wish you and everybody here a MERRY X-MAS!!!

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

What did i do wrong??

Your log lets me assume that you use as source CD Win7 RC1 32 bit En.

I tried with tis one and got no errors. The files in question are on the source and copied.

IMHO something on your source CD is corrupted. Mayby you try to rebuild the cache, like Virtual-R suggested.

BTW: You already know that there are troubles to delete the cache directory using explorer.

I use a cmd window
  • cd to the cache directory
    e.g. cd "V:\wb\wb debug\Workbench\nativeEx_Win7\Cache"
  • make the candidate to delete visible and non-system by
    e.g. attrib -r -s -h Install_5_en-US_0_6.1.7100.0.0 /S /D (for install it takes around one minute, boot some seconds)
  • delete the directory
    e.g. rd Install_5_en-US_0_6.1.7100.0.0 /s /q
If you have nothing of that open in an explorer or similar, that works for 100%.

Peter

#8 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

I do not have wimmount.sys registered right?

I think this is why

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

I do not have wimmount.sys registered right?

I think this is why

No, if you work in nativeEx_Win7 only, no mount is made. And then you do not need wimserv.exe and wimmount.sys, only wimgapi.dll.

For other projects maybe you need (also for Win7RescuePE). And maybe then there occurr some issues.

BTW: To use Win7RescuePE (linked) apps, also these two files are not necessary (I hope ...)

Peter

#10 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

Peter, you should work in a rocket-lab, this really speeded up the build process even more! This is great, only one thing bothered me, but I need to do more testing before i am 100% sure.

1. When using this, the registry-hack to make desktop.ini dissapear doesn't work, the regkey is gone, but desktop.ini is there again.
When building without this turbo-script, the desktop.ini stays away with the reg-modification.

I do not know WHY at the moment, I will investigate it on monday, but just wanted to let you know that this script works great, exept for this little thing. (anyway this is the case for me)

I will post again in monday. Have a great holiday! :)

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

Peter, you should work in a rocket-lab, this really speeded up the build process even more! This is great, only one thing bothered me, but I need to do more testing before i am 100% sure.

1. When using this, the registry-hack to make desktop.ini dissapear doesn't work, the regkey is gone, but desktop.ini is there again.
When building without this turbo-script, the desktop.ini stays away with the reg-modification.

I do not know WHY at the moment, I will investigate it on monday, but just wanted to let you know that this script works great, exept for this little thing. (anyway this is the case for me)

I will post again in monday. Have a great holiday! :)

Until now I did not do anything on "Desktop.ini".
Please forget it for now.
I'm sure to solve it soon. But just several hours before I extended my 32 hours day to 36 hours. And, excuse me, I refuse to expand to 40 hours!

Peter :)

#12 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

LoL 36 hours! Man get some rest, this is a minor thing in a minor of minors! i did not expect you to do ANYTING at the moment.
Have a beer, have a kit-kat, dance to a song sleep in a cosy bed. Sing a song with the birds (ok, do not do the last thing) but Well, you
know what I mean!

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Vi ses imorgon!

Thanks Google, Or should I learn Swedish?

#14 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

Haha, google is just fine! :) And to learn Swedish is difficult (or so the immigrants sometimes say anyway).

Vi ses imorgon, alternativt på Måndag! :)

#15 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

Just a quick note here to cross reference a post in the the other forum (on the win7Rescue project) about deleting the cached files. I realized I was replying to a comment there, but might be more appropriate here...

Again, good work!

#16 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:34 AM

Peter,

As I mentioned in the other thread on the NativeEX_Win7 project, I think this is GREAT, but we should have a way to make at least the simple configuration changes that apply to the PELoader's configuration file. Looks like all of them are stored into the main project file, and really should be updated into the actual Win7PE.cfg after all the other things in the "build" area are done...

So I added a bit of "cut/paste" code to your script...feel free to take it or ignore me on this... ;)

[Do-Restore]

If,%pCheckbox2%,EQUAL,True,Set,%Sh%,Open

Else,Set,%Sh%,Hide

If,EXISTDIR,%TargetDir%,DirDelete,%TargetDir%,FAST

DirMake,%TargetDir%

ShellExecute,%Sh%,%Tools%\7z.exe,"x -y #$q%CacheFile%#$q -o#$q%TargetDir%#$q"

If,ExistFile,&#34;%PECfg%&#34;,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdatePECfg,&#34;%PECfg%&#34;	   // <----------

If,ExistFile,&#34;%PECfgCD%&#34;,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdatePECfg,&#34;%PECfgCD%&#34;   // added two lines and routine below

&#91;UpdatePECfg&#93;

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;wpeinit&#34;,&#34;%wpeinit%&#34;			 //not sure why this one isn&#39;t in the ini file

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;screen&#34;,&#34;%ScreenResolution%&#34;

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;mountprogram&#34;,&#34;%mountprogram%&#34;   //not sure why this one isn&#39;t in the ini file

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;HideLoader&#34;,&#34;%HideLoader%&#34;

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;CopyPreLogonFiles&#34;,&#34;%CopyPreLogonFiles%&#34;

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;DetectHardwareFull&#34;,&#34;%DetectHardwareFull%&#34;

IniRead,%ProjectInfo%,&#34;ProjectInfo&#34;,&#34;RemoveShortcutArrows&#34;,&#34;%RemoveShortcutArrows%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;screen&#34;,&#34;%ScreenResolution%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;wpeinit&#34;,&#34;%wpeinit%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;mountprogram&#34;,&#34;%mountprogram%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;HideLoader&#34;,&#34;%HideLoader%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;DetectHardwareFull&#34;,&#34;%DetectHardwareFull%&#34;

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;RemoveShortcutArrows&#34;,&#34;%RemoveShortcutArrows%&#34;

//not sure why we don&#39;t use the stored value here???

IniWrite,#1,&#34;main&#34;,&#34;defaultshell&#34;,&#34;&#34;			 

//

I put in a few comments since I'm not sure what a couple of the variables are used for (or if they are just left over "cobwebs" as these scripts get modified and re-used in different projects.

BUT, I think you have the start of something "cool" here...Now, if we can just make the ManageWims script a bit smarter so that if we are actually executing on an X64 machine, but building an X86 image, I could point at the X64 DVD instead of extracting the wimgapi.dll file by hand (not that it's that hard to do...) :dubbio:

Again, good work, and let me know if (or how) I can help!

Scott

#17 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

Scott!

Many thanks for your tests and suggestions. :)

When I do not react now, it is not that I ignore you.

I currently have to do a lot of other things.

#18 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

When I do not react now, it is not that I ignore you.

No problem - we all have (at times) way too much to get done and hobbies (like this) aren't supposed to be our full time job !

In thinking about the whole turbo thing, it might be better to "hide" the configuration script (as opposed to duplicating it's settings)...Either way, it's confusing to have it show up, but not take effect...

Oh, and I really REALLY like the "link" options. It's a bit confusing in the display, since the directory name may get repeated due to different level settings of the scripts, but it makes it very easy to have my own set of stuff, and just "link" it into the project (just like you linked in the Win7Rescue)...then if I need to blow things away and start over, it's SIMPLE...

Great idea! :)

#19 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

No problem - we all have (at times) way too much to get done and hobbies (like this) aren't supposed to be our full time job !

In thinking about the whole turbo thing, it might be better to "hide" the configuration script (as opposed to duplicating it's settings)...Either way, it's confusing to have it show up, but not take effect...

Oh, and I really REALLY like the "link" options. It's a bit confusing in the display, since the directory name may get repeated due to different level settings of the scripts, but it makes it very easy to have my own set of stuff, and just "link" it into the project (just like you linked in the Win7Rescue)...then if I need to blow things away and start over, it's SIMPLE...

Great idea! :)

Thanks for your help.
Just a secret: The "other thinks" are mainly concerning nativeEX_win7.
It is about the issue to combine x86 and x64 host and x86 and x64 source and not to have that "Copy from" textbox.
Right now it looks very well.
About "Configuration", I also work on a solution (include it in ManageWimsEx or have a separate Tweak script).

Concerning my my last reply, please understand it as as "I read every of yours and other member's post, but I currently need some time to organize my own ideas, before discussing suggestions"

I'm sure that we together will have succes in a final good usable solution.

Peter

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

If you have an improvement suggestion about that, please write it into the "Bugs Tracker" section
Then it will not be forgotten and the responsible developer (Unfortunatelly currentle me :) ) will take care of that.

#21 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

If you have an improvement suggestion about that, please write it into the "Bugs Tracker" section
Then it will not be forgotten and the responsible developer (Unfortunatelly currentle me :) ) will take care of that.

@sbaeder:
maybe "Level" writing on .link files :)
Currently 14-iso.Link is

[main]
Title=Create ISO
Selected=True
Level=1
link=Projects\Win7RescuePE\Finalize\4-iso.script

but level seems to me have no effect :)

since the directory name may get repeated due to different level settings of the scripts,

To avoid such things, We try to match levels of different projects :). Example: All apps scripts are at level 5 and all finish scripts are at level 8

But there are "mismatches" between projects especially when level number is below 5 ;)

example:
vistapecapi:
level4 used for tweaks and drivers
level3 for Addons

win7rescue:
level4 used for tweaks
level3 used for net (there are net drivers and penetwork) + Addons
level2 used for shell

and with the scripts used in these levels.... ;)

@Peter

I guess "Components" of LiveXP and nativeex_barabone maybe level=3 since it is mostly* the equilavent of "Addons".

#22 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

BUT, I think you have the start of something "cool" here...Now, if we can just make the ManageWims script a bit smarter so that if we are actually executing on an X64 machine, but building an X86 image, I could point at the X64 DVD instead of extracting the wimgapi.dll file by hand (not that it's that hard to do...) :)

It is about the issue to combine x86 and x64 host and x86 and x64 source and not to have that "Copy from" textbox.
Right now it looks very well.

But does not work well.

0-ManageWims.script suggestion at post 115 is a general solution for hostosarchitecture-sourcearchitecture mismatch situations. Further 0-ManageWims.script can still take files automagically when hostosarchitecture-sourcearchitecture matches..... Well further decision about the "method" is up to psc. With current solution I use my "old" style of copying files :).

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

Last published solution is two ot three days older than my current one!

Please try to be a bit patient and wait. :)

I guess "Components" of LiveXP and nativeex_barabone maybe level=3 since it is mostly* the equilavent of "Addons".

is new for me, but I'll see what happens ...

Peter

#24 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

only reminding :)

replying to edited post:

is new for me, but I'll see what happens ...

new for me too, for now it is only an idea :)

#25 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

One possible "bug"...if you have done the build, and the "build" scripts are de-activated, and you do an update/download of the project, you end up with both the .script and .script.txt files in the build directory...This prevents the deactivation of the new scripts, since they fail to replace the previous .txt files already there...

Does this make sense, or do you need a more detailed "log"...Probably not something that most would run into, but probably worth fixing...

THANKS
Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users