#101 llbranco

llbranco

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Tnx again, i'll try it

How can i help u to translate your Project (Menu, Documentation and wherever you need) to PT-BR ?

(it may help the project with more beta testers and maybe contributors)

#102 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Does the Google translate tool not work on the main page of my site?

NOVO! Easy2Boot v1 para Drives USB multiboot

Easy2Boot versão 1 é uma coleção de arquivos que você pode usar para fazer uma grub4dos arranque (multiboot) USB Drive. O drive USB pode ser formatado como FAT32 ou NTFS.

Uma vez que você fez um arranque Easy2Boot drive USB, basta adicionar todos os seus arquivos de carga útil (. Iso,. Img,. Ima, etc) para uma das pastas em sua unidade USB (por exemplo, pasta MAINMENU \ _ISO \). No menu de edição necessário, sem cheat codes - basta copiar e bota! Sua unidade de inicialização USB não precisa saber o que o arquivo ISO é e vai trabalhar com quase todas as ISOs do LiveCD do Linux que você copiar - mesmo os novos que surgem em 6 meses!

Note que se você estiver usando um arranque Hard Disk USB em vez de uma unidade flash USB, em seguida, as ISOs de instalação do Windows Vista/7/8 não vai funcionar a menos que você também usar uma unidade flash USB ao mesmo tempo (ver aqui para mais detalhes) .

Você pode adicionar os arquivos Easy2Boot para o seu drive USB grub4dos existente ou fazer uma nova instalação usando RMPrepUSB (recomendado). Se estiver usando um drive USB inicializável grub4dos existente, ele deve ter um máximo de duas partições primárias ou um primário e um ou mais partições lógicas,

#103 llbranco

llbranco

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

works, but with really bad translationin some parts.

another doubt:

how can i upgrade my 1.4 version to 1.5?

just extract .5 over the .4?

'coz my 16gb stick have only 40MB free ^^
a lot of ISOS, a lot of defrag

a tip:
if you keep "ausdisk defrag" open while you transfer files to wherever you want the files will tranfer with less "fragmentation rate"

(fragmentation rate is wrong to said? I don't know how to conjugate this verb, sorry 'bout that)

the transfer speed may decrease 5~10% but sometimes without fragments

http://www.auslogics...re/disk-defrag/ 

or

http://www.auslogics...efrag/portable/   <<< i use this out of stick

Edited by llbranco, 18 April 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#104 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

do you mean BETA14 to BETA15? if so, yes, just extract over the top - only a few files changed.

If you want to translate Easy2Boot or make a YouTube video - please feel free to do so - as long as you point people to my website and reboot.pro ;-)

I had not heard of ausdisk - I will check it out...

cheers

Steve

#105 halikus

halikus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 110 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

So you could change this to

title find /boot/grub4dos/menu.lst, /menu.lst, /boot/grub/menu.lst, /grub/menu.lst 
errorcheck off 
configfile /boot/grub4dos/menu.lst 
configfile /boot/grub/menu.lst
configfile /grub/menu.lst
etc. etc.

I know, but i got lazy after routinely grabbing nightlies.  Now i just throw a menu.lst in the \boot\grub dir wiih configfile /boot/grub4dos/menu.lst 

#106 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Kali will run just as an .iso file, but to run Kali linux with persistence in Easy2Boot, use the following .mnu file:

Kali  kali-linux-1.0.2-i386.iso 

# For persistence, create an ext2 file called persistence in the root of the boot drive using RMPrepUSB Create ext2 FS button
# Then rename the file to kali-rw  (do NOT create a file called kali-rw - you MUST create a file called persistence and then rename it to kali-rw!)
# Place ISO in \_ISO\Mainmenu\linux or \_ISO\MNU\Linux (and this .mnu file too)
# DOES NOT WORK UNDER VM!!!

# Boot to kali and then type following 4 lines to enable persistence - then reboot

#    mkdir /mnt/usb
#    mount /dev/sdb3 /mnt/usb
#    echo "/ union" >> /mnt/usb/persistence.conf
#    umount /mnt/usb

#The persistent 'volume' needs the persistence.conf file in it!

iftitle [if exist %MFOLDER%/Linux/kali-linux-1.0.2-i386.iso] Kali Persistent\n
#enable parttype output
partnew (hd0,3) 0x0 (bd)%MFOLDER%/Linux/kali-linux-1.0.2-i386.iso
# make empty table entry in 3rd position in ptn table
debug 1
parttype (hd0,2) | set check=
debug off
set check=%check:~-5,4%
if "%check%"=="0x00" partnew (hd0,2) 0 0 0
if not "%check%"=="0x00" echo WARNING: PTN TABLE 3 IS ALREADY IN USE! && pause
debug 1
if not exist (bd)/kali-rw echo WARNING: /kali-rw persistence file not found! && pause
errorcheck off
if "%check%"=="0x00" partnew (hd0,2) 0x0 (bd)/kali-rw
errorcheck on
map %MFOLDER%/Linux/kali-linux-1.0.2-i386.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
# use next line if want username and pwd prompt
# kernel /live/vmlinuz boot=live config live-config.username=root persistence
kernel /live/vmlinuz boot=live noconfig=sudo username=root hostname=kali persistence
initrd /live/initrd.img

#107 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hello 

This is a great tool  :clapping: 

i previously used grub4dos with manual settings, and was good but a little messy 

now i tried Easy2Boot because i wanted a more convenient way to update my MultiBoot USB 

I have  a few Linux that are not in the list but they just work from MAINMENU:

Wifiway3.4, Xiaopan0.4.5.1, ReaverPro

Wifiway even works with persistence if add /changes/changes.dat file without the need for .mnu  :thumbsup:

Also i have a question for Windows

i have Win8 Pro with WMC x64 and edited the Win8 list to ad it, used Win8Pro_64 model

and when i get to Coose your Operating System it says No Image Found  :eek: 

but now on BETA15 if use Choose ISO Method it works just fine

how can add it to the list so it launch it like from Choose ISO ?

so i don't need to enter ISO name every time need to install it (have a Spanish keyboard and the keys are difficult to enter)

i know i can use KBD.g4b file but still haven't got a chance to try that

and i don't need to enter a product key because i edited EI.CFG file so i don't need that menu that ask what key want to enter

how can remove that?

Sorry if is to much for a post 

Thank You

#108 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Why not edit the \grub\MenuWin8.lst file and put in whatever product key you like as the default?  Just uncomment the line in each menu and put in your key???

#set KEY=V7C3N-3W6CM-PDKR2-KW8DQ-RJMRD

The No Image Found message is due to the wrong key being used.

#109 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I tried that with a Win8Pro WMC key but i still got the NO Image Found

and besides that  this iso doesn't really need a key 

PS:i see beta 16 announced with Fastload, will have to try that later  :happy_dance2: 

#110 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

You can make your own .xml file (copy \firadisk\auWin8.xml) and remove the product key section  (so it is similar to the au.xml used by win7) and then edit the MenuWin8.lst so it uses your new xml file.

#111 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Isn't the WMC key an upgrade key??? It won't work for installation.

#112 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

hi Steve

please accept my congratualtions on coding this beautiful tool , 3 days ago , i used it with your rmprep tool , to install windows 8 64bit on a friend's lappy , 

please be advised it was the first time , i used both of your tools for the first time , because before then i was using fbinst for usb boot, and using other methods of installing windows from usb . 

anyhow my 1st experience was GREAT . it worked flawlessly on very 1st try . 

in coming days , i will be playing with it even more . thank you for all your good work my friend.

Sincerely 

Maanu from Pakistan

#113 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for all the comments so far. Please let me know what you think of the FASTLOAD option - I could add a menu entry to the standard menu to enable it, but I am afraid many users will get confused and not understand that you have to Refresh if you change the contents....

One way to speed up the searching and creation of the dynamic menus would be to limit the number of files that are searched.

For instance, when \_ISO\MNU is searched, the grub4dos batch file will return all files under all folders - but actually I only want the .mnu files, the payload files just waste search time.

So one idea is to have the user put all the .mnu files in \_ISO\MNU but put the corresponding payload files in the subfolders under \_ISO\MNU as usual. This would speed up the file searching and save a few seconds as I only need to search the one folder for .mnu files. Similarly, for the \_ISO\MainMenu section, the .mnu files would go in the \_ISO\MainMenu folder, but the payload files would go in subfolders as usual (e.g. \_ISO\MainMenu\Linux).

It would mean that I would have to change the instructions in each .mnu file and existing users would have to move all their .mnu files up a folder.

What do people think? Is it worth the hassle in order to speed things up? As a quick test, I moved 4 mnu files up a level and prevented Easy2Boot from looking at files lower than \_ISO\MNU - this saved 2 seconds (i.e. 5 directories and 4 payload files must be taking 2 seconds to enumerate).

#114 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Isn't the WMC key an upgrade key??? It won't work for installation.

yes it is a upgrade key but because there is no retail Win 8 Pro WMC (it can be activated from Win 8 Pro disc to install directly with WMC) that key can be used when installing

sorry if i didn't make it clear 

What do people think? Is it worth the hassle in order to speed things up?

Yes it is worth to speed up. I have 6 Linuxes and 1 Windows and it takes a while to load all

the only thing is that i have the isos in the MainMenu and only 1 have .mnu file

#115 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

yes it is a upgrade key but because there is no retail Win 8 Pro WMC (it can be activated from Win 8 Pro disc to install directly with WMC) that key can be used when installing

sorry if i didn't make it clear 

Yes it is worth to speed up. I have 6 Linuxes and 1 Windows and it takes a while to load all

the only thing is that i have the isos in the MainMenu and only 1 have .mnu file

The FASTLOAD.YES in BETA16 should fix the mainmenu issue... see my blog for details.

#116 llbranco

llbranco

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

It's possible to make Easy2boot compatible with compressed ISO ( .iso.GZ ) files, like do with compressed floppy images (.img.gz / .ima.gz ) ?

i know it can decrease the performance (and RAM a lot of RAM) but saves space

#117 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

OK.  resolved my Win8WMC install, it's working fine now and without any key prompt

About Fastload, it does speed up a little the menu loading so its good

don't know if i want it all the time in MainMenu,  and i think most of the people that will use this will know how to handle it if they read the documentation on site

one thing that i noticed is that every time you go in a submenu and exit to Main Menu it adds a +FASTLOAD in the Header and in a few moments i had 2 lines of +FASTLOAD on the Main Menu  :eek: (edited mymenu.lst to removed that)

PS: How can change the HEADER font colour because i changed all of the rest colours (to look nice with my theme) only that i can't      change  :confused1: 

and bigger font size would be nice to, changed gmode=1024 and now the menu seems little 

Edited by h3xl3y, 19 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#118 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

It's possible to make Easy2boot compatible with compressed ISO ( .iso.GZ ) files, like do with compressed floppy images (.img.gz / .ima.gz ) ?

i know it can decrease the performance (and RAM a lot of RAM) but saves space

Did you try renaming it .isomem  ???

Try BETA16 v3  (just this minute uploaded) - it should work with .isogz extension... :-)

#119 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

OK.  resolved my Win8WMC install, it's working fine now and without any key prompt

About Fastload, it does speed up a little the menu loading so its good

don't know if i want it all the time in MainMenu,  and i think most of the people that will use this will know how to handle it if they read the documentation on site

one thing that i noticed is that every time you go in a submenu and exit to Main Menu it adds a +FASTLOAD in the Header and in a few moments i had 2 lines of +FASTLOAD on the Main Menu  :eek: (edited mymenu.lst to removed that)

PS: How can change the HEADER font colour because i changed all of the rest colours (to look nice with my theme) only that i can't      change  :confused1: 

and bigger font size would be nice to, changed gmode=1024 and now the menu seems little 

How did you resolve the Win8WMC? Does the WMC product key work for an install from ISO???

Try latest BETA16  v5 or later (bottom of Tutorial 72a)  - fixed +FASTLOAD issue and you can now define a heading colour in Menu.lst - see \grub\menu.lst for details = HCOLOUR=0133 is default.

Cannot change font size. Grubdos calculates number of lines in the menu box so don't think it is possible to have bigger text in menus

#120 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

How did you resolve the Win8WMC? Does the WMC product key work for an install from ISO???

Made a new auWin8WMC.xml, edited MenuWin8.lst and removed all that code that prompt for entering product key

I don't get that error any more "No Image Found" and can continue the installation

i can only test it to that point because don't have space on my HDD to install it but from there should not have any problem

I don't need to enter a product key because i edited EI.CFG in Win8ProWMC.iso, and it doesn't ask for one 

see here http://forums.mydigi...Center-manually

when install finishes i can use my WMC key to activate it

With beta 16-v5 i get some weird text in main menu

ex: 0 Wifiway 3.4/grub/QRUN.g4b /_ISO/MainMenu/Wifiway-3.4.iso

this iso is in Main Menu with a text file for the name

Edited by h3xl3y, 19 April 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#121 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

whoops! must have missed that. Try new download please... BETA16 v6 !!!

#122 h3xl3y

h3xl3y

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah that corrected the problem

Thanks for the colour for Header  :happy_dance3: 

#123 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

Latest version of chenall's grub4dos fixes the problem of variables being displayed as %xxx% when loading a new menu.

e.g. Booting Install Windows from an ISO (%COUNTALL% present)

now displays correctly as:

Booting 'Install Windows from an ISO (3 present)'

Please replace \grldr file with the version from the most recent 0.4.5c 2013-04-19 version from here to fix.

#124 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

\_ISO\MAINMENU - place iso/payload files here, but .mnu and their payload files should go in sub-folders below the mainmenu folder – all these will be listed in the main menu.

Can you specify in one of these files an ISO  to be booted by default after a number of seconds?

BTW

what is the difference between

grub4dos-0.4.5c-2013-04-19.7z  and grub4dos-0.4.6a-2013-04-19.7z

?

Edited by Scooby, 20 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#125 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

That is very tricky :dubbio:. The default menu item to boot to is defined by it's position in the menu. But the position in the menu is determined by the order the files are written in by the user.

There is no 'label' for menu entries in grub4dos.

We could have a file called say \menu.def which has in it,say:

default 4

timeout 10

If the file \menu.def exists, then I can add it in to the start of the dynamic menu.

If, however, a file is deleted that was listed before that entry, then of course this will change the default entry that runs after timeout.

Would this be acceptable?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grub4dos, multiboot, multipass, usb boot, iso

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users