3 replies to this topic

#1 lycurgus

lycurgus
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi, I received my Isostick in the mail yesterday, and set about trying it out today. I've successfully flashed firmware (v1581) to the stick, created both /config and /config/iso_filename.txt on the SD card (which is formatted FAT32), and loaded isosel.bin into /config. However, the drive doesn't load anything under windows when I specify a filename in iso_filename.txt, and booting from the stick doesn't give me isosel or boot into the .iso named in the file. I've tried flashing an older firmware version (v1574), but to no avail. All I get on booting from the stick is a single white underscore cursor in the top-left of the screen, then it fails over into the normal windows boot.

As far as I can see, I've done everything necessary to get it working. I've tried it on a total of 3 machines (all laptops, of various brands) and they all behave the same. Am I missing something here?

edit: in case it's helpful, my service code is DC4D-9AFD-01C3-1C5B.

edit #2: partially solved - turns out my iso_filename.txt had an extraneous ".txt" tacked onto the end (thanks windows!). removing the extra extension gives me as-intended operation on the optical drive under windows, and lets me boot into the named iso. however, I still can't get into isosel, which I think is just a double-up of http://reboot.pro/17406/ . sorry for the unnecessary thread, and I'll be following along with the other thread for a solution.

Edited by lycurgus, 28 August 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the report, I'll keep the other thread up to date as things progress.

#3 Kira!

Kira!
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Estonia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

Do I have to put only 1 file name in iso_filename.txt ?
Because I put there 3 file names and it didn`t work, and when I left only 1 file name it started working!

#4 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, just the filename you want currently loaded. isostick will search the disk for other files when it needs to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users