#1 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Both Mini-WinFE and MistyPE are reported as BROKEN. Screenshot from Downloads -> Winbuilder -> Projects -

attachicon.gifbroken.jpg

The downloads appear to be working fine.

Does anyone have the necessary privileges to remove the Broken warning from the Mini-WinFE and MistyPE projects?

I have minor mod powers, but can't seem to find this option anywhere.

Misty

#2 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

Does anyone have the necessary privileges to remove the Broken warning from the Mini-WinFE and MistyPE projects?

As far as I know only Nuno has that power. (perhaps psc). I had the issue before as well, and don't really like the way the system works. One idiot doesn't know what they are doing and reports it broken and it effectively DDOS's everyone else from using it.

#3 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

@homes32
Thanks for the response. I was starting to go a bit crazy thinking that I'd overlooked some settings.

As far as I know only Nuno has that power. (perhaps psc)....

Over to Nuno - I did PM you a while ago about this issue :whistling:

...I had the issue before as well, and don't really like the way the system works. One idiot doesn't know what they are doing and reports it broken and it effectively DDOS's everyone else from using it.

I agree. Although in my case there was a temporary issue with the downloads caused by lots of issues with the forum earlier this year and problems with my hosting exceeding bandwidth limits. Hence my move to paid hosting.

Not sure if it's possible, however reporting any issues to one of the admins for action seems more sensible than allowing any member to flag stuff as BROKEN.
:cheers:

Misty

#4 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

Did you get a notification that xxxxUser reported it broken?

going back through my inbox i also complained that the forum doesn't notify the author, so they could even investigate or follow up with the user who reported it for more info. just curious if this was ever resolved.

#5 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

Did you get a notification that xxxxUser reported it broken?

It's unlikely as I don't think that notification were working when I first noticed and reported the issue back in March. Also, not sure if mine are turned on following the fix that I think erwan.l was involved in.

...going back through my inbox i also complained that the forum doesn't notify the author, so they could even investigate or follow up with the user who reported it for more info. just curious if this was ever resolved.

Over to the mighty Nuno to answer that one!

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Thank you for the ping, and sorry it took so long to be sorted. My mind was elsewhere, need some vacations.. :blush:

I'm unable to make changes on moderator permissions from the admin panel, it just gives a web page error. Seems like a forum glitch.

If this annoying thing happens again, just ping.

Wishing a good week start! :cheers:

• misty likes this

#7 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

MistyPE and Mini-WinFE no longer reported as BROKEN :thumbsup:

Thanks Nuno.