United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

A modular approach anyone? See here

#52 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

When I go to web page:

http://reboot.pro/forum/22-winbuilder/

then I cannot find a subforum for Win10PE

Where is it?

Peter

New forum section available. This topic got moved inside.

:cheers:

#53 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

@Nuno

With all due respect  a subforum for Win10PE should be opened long time ago.

I made builds using MistyPE project from Windows 10 on June/23th/2015 (no sysWoW64 for Win10 jet) see: http://reboot.pro/to...e-7#entry193291

MistyPE project is capable to make PE builds through the good old Great Winbuilder v082 without download additional requirements (ADK/WAIK), from the following 32 and 64 bits installation media:

• Windows Vista SP1
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 7 SP1
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 8.1 (Update 1)
  • Windows 10

In 64 bits versions sysWoW64 can optionally be added in the build in order to run 32 bits programs on the PE.

The build process has been tested on the following operating systems (from the author old guide, new one in process):

• Windows Vista SP1 (32 and 64-bit)
  • Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (64-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)

I can personally confirm buidings from XP (SP3) OS too, see: http://reboot.pro/to...e-2#entry178401

In last full download sysWoW64 for Windows 10x64  was added: http://reboot.pro/to...e-8#entry202696

EDIT: Forgot to say building time From log: Project time: 3 minutes, 15 seconds and 922 milliseconds having all free programs downloaded from a previous build. 

Best Regards

alacran

You are right. I've done it without further delay (this topic itself is already inside the new section).

:cheers:

• alacran likes this

#54 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

@Nuno

Thanks, I appreciate your decision, not because I like that project (which is true, I admit it) but because we are falling behind, and other people are doing more with your excellent Winbuilder than this YOUR forum where you created it and kindly gave it to all just  FREE.

I really hope with all my heart that You, Reboot Team, developers and all of us wich love this place, can make it again THE  REFERENCE BOOT/REBOOT FORUM for innovative ideas, as it used to be for long time.

Sincerely

alacran

• Brito likes this

#55 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

@Nuno

I really hope you and all developers team can make a new Winbuider better than the good old v082, but it seams to me as XP/Win7 (HARD TO KILL), It do not mean in any sence, all of you can't do it, the only meaning is: it has to be BETTER not just different (or coded in another way/language)

As all of you may allready know I'm not a programmer/script developer but I can help translating and testing If you are agree, I really need to give something back to this Forum (My school since 2009).

Best Regards

alacran
  • Brito likes this

#56 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hi all, long time no speak

Just been reading through this post and I too would like to say it would be great if we can start developing a new builder and a windows based PE

I have been a member of this forum and its predecessor for many years and loved coming here and being part of the community to improve winbuilder and make new versions of PE when new version of Windows arrived

After last few years I have had to be part of the "other" site with the super friendly?!?! L....... just so I could take part and make use of ChrisR's excellent work on Win10PESE which I use regularly, but I like others have had to come and go on that forum as often fallen out with L over using the word script instead of plugin etc and eventually getting banned more than once for trying to stand up to him

PE first with BartPE then with Winbuilder has been a major part of my life for many years, and is a tool I use many times a week in my job running an IT support business

So anything I can do to help please ask, happy to test, offer opinions/comments and to help create plugins/scripts(!) for whatever new tool we/you come up with.  I can program in VB.Net, but no experience in JAVA i'm afraid, but I do work and have worked in IT for many years so hopefully can offer some assistance some how

Would really be good to see a new tool perhaps with a completely new name to move away from existing projects/tools, WITH a GUI as I think that is a must, that we can use to develop a excellent Windows 10 PE on amongst other things

Best wishes

Darren Rose a.k.a. wingers

• alacran likes this

#57 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

I would like to officially proclaim my personal support for a new Win10PE builder.

I can provide script development, testing, coding, and oodles of experience with PE Builds and booting, Etc, Etc.

I don't wanna learn Java, 'Sorry Nuno', I know it's powerful, But it seems to have reached an end here.

With Winbuilder 082, it had some issues, but I was always able to accomplish the tasks at hand, one way or another.

"I know we can do better."

My availability to dedicate to a new Win10PE project will be diminished via the pursuit of  "Work, LIfe, and happiness".

"Sorry, but a man must have his priorities.", "I should also add Bass-fishing to the mix, "tis the season you know."

But I will confess that I can dedicate an appreciable amount of effort towards a Win10PE builder/GUI,

With the help of the reboot.pro community behind us, this is very do-able..

Happy Building!

Regards

RoyM

#58 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

There is already LiveSystemPro if you want another builder - http://www.kare-net....ystempro-e.html. Has its own language though.

And on the other forum there is someone already building another builder. He showed a .NET WPF based UI a few months back which looked very promising - https://github.com/ied206/PEBakery

#59 Trumk

Trumk

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

A few months ago there seemed to be some extra activity (Nuno, the .NET thingy, etc.) but things have become (afwul) quiet soon after that.

Of course, Misty's PE is still working perfectly, even with the latest builds, so there's no real need for him to do any updates at this time (maybe around September when Windows 10 1709 comes around).

It's a damn shame that ChrisR was kinda "forced" to give up his great project. I guess he just thought the "fun" of the project was gone, not in the last place thanks to "L" and his weird behaviour. Oh well, maybe he'll surprise us all and come back in the fall...We can always hope.

RoyM, darren rose, nice to see you're enthousiastic about this stuff, please support the remaining projects and developments, why not ask ChrisR what the status is?

#60 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

I see we are still in the good ol' (IMHO warped) vision of the issues being in the language/tool[1] instead of where they are (lack of contents/developers :( ).

It is not likely that when a new, smart, .NET enabled :w00t:, connected to the cloud :ph34r:, interfaced with IOT devices :whistling:, accessible via browser :frusty:, i.e. "modern" new builder will come out, the day after we will have a DDOS caused by the huge mass of new developers joining reboot.pro and posting thousands of scripts (or plugins).

:duff:

Wonko 

[1] Not that it hasn't it's issues, but the sheer existence of the projects that actually exist, including those Windows 10 based clearly means that the main issue is not with the tool.

• dencorso likes this

#61 dencorso

dencorso

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 142 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

:rofl:

#62 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

@ paraglider, thanks for link to PEBakery, New info to me.

Agreed, the main issue is certainly developers, gotta have 'em.

The builder is just a batch engine to run our code, with the help of a macro library,
and additional external programs, and let's not forget the nice GUI as well, 
all that is great, and all that works, but batch has it's limit's.
So there is nothing wrong with the engine, just how we choose to get things done with it.

Currently, we have to use workarounds, registry tricks, patches, external .exe's, etc, etc.
For instance, to write to the Registry of the your currently running build.
We open up the registry of the OS (That we are running on, 'at this moment'),
we then hack and whack at it with command-line tools, to accomplish what we need.
It Works, But probably not the best strategy, considering the tools available today.
So a good example, in how it was implemented back when we didn't have the necessary tools.
But yet it still persists. This is not broken, possibly dangerous, but surely can be improved upon.

I have plenty more, but they should probably go into a subforum appropriately titled.
Say Maybe, "Gripes and wishes for WB2017",

It would be my guess that these problems and more were addressed in Winbuilder 20xx,
Of course it doesn't have the same limitations, It's a shame it wasn't more popular.
I also liked how Nuno was lookin' out for the future builds and compatability and such, 
I find that important as well, and think it should be a consideration.

The offer still stands.
I will still offer my support towards ANY new development.

Regards
RoyM

#63 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Of course it doesn't have the same limitations, It's a shame it wasn't more popular.

I love understatements. :smiling9:

:duff:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users