25 replies to this topic

#1 pxstein

pxstein

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

As far as I can see I cannot use the same *.script files from WinBuilder in PEBakery.

Can someone confirm this?

Or is there a compatibility option which let me use previous (unchanged) WinBuilder scripts in PEBakery as well?

Maybe there is a conversion utility which let me convert WinBuilder-to-PEBakery scripts?

Furthermore I observed that PEBakery uses sometimes TWO related files for scripts (e.g.

CPU-Z_XPE.Script

and

CPU-Z_XPE_File.Script

For some other tools this seems to be not required.

Since I prefer to have only one script per tool:

How do I tell PEBakery to created only ONE script file per tool with Utility "XPE Plugin Creator"?

Peter

#2 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:46 PM

You can use the same scripts in pebakery that you use in winbuilder.

Pebakery / winbuilder are the builder engine not the project.

Scripts developed for win10Xpe project are not compatible with the win10pese project and vice-versa.

Pebakery has compatibility options that need to be set differently for different winbuilder projects. It comes with ini files that need to be renamed to pebakery.ini depending on which project you are using. Read the included NOTICE_SHOULD_READ_FIRST.txt file for details before running pebakery for the first time.

#3 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

There was a performance issue with winhbuilder if large files were embedded in the scripts. Project owners took the decision to embed these large files in a separate file script to avoid the performance issue. If you want to avoid having 2 files per tool then tweak the generated scripts and add the embedded files to the main script. You will need to tweak the ExtractFile calls in the main script as well.

#4 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:11 PM

For reasons that are not obvious the developer of the win10XPE project used different global variables and in some cases different macros than those used in the preceding SE projects. Hence the reason the scripts are incompatible.

Add_Shortcut became AddShortcut etc.

The 17000 line macro library became 499 lines in win10XPE so win10XPE builds a lot faster.

#5 pxstein

pxstein

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

@paraglider:
Thank you for the hints.

However at first I experienced another problem:
I download and mounted 32bit Win10 build 1803 Enterprise Eval available from here:

https://software-dow...86FRE_en-us.iso

However when I run newest PEBakery with newest Win10PE SE Project I got an error popup:

"Your Windows 10 Source version 10.0.17134.1 is not supported!!!

You must select a folder with Win10 v10.0.16299.15 or below...."

Hmm, can this be real? The Win10 build 1803 is out for half a year.

So PEBakery should support it.

Is there a workaround to make it working anyway?

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

Pebakery has compatibility options that need to be set differently for different winbuilder projects. It comes with ini files that need to be renamed to pebakery.ini depending on which project you are using. Read the included NOTICE_SHOULD_READ_FIRST.txt file for details before running pebakery for the first time.

To be picky (as I am BTW) the .ini settings for the specific two mentioned projects (Win10PESE and Win10XPE) are actually the same

http://reboot.pro/to...y-beta-5-v0951/

To build Win10PESE or Win10XPE, rename PEBakery_Win10PESE_Win10XPE.ini to PEBakery.ini.

Original from ied206/Joveler:

http://reboot.pro/to...lease/?p=207714

https://msfn.org/boa...comment=1154251

@pxstein

That should come from the project, not from the engine. :dubbio:

:duff:

Wonko

#7 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

Just to be sure that it is not a pebakery issue run the Win10XPE.exe from the same folder as pebakery if win10xpe or BuilderSE.exe if using the win10pese project. These are renamed versions of winbuilder. If you get the same problem, I suspect you will, then its a problem with your source. Its better to extract the windows source iso to a folder than mount it. Be sure to create a folder to extract in the root of a drive and keep the folder name short.

Assuming you see the same error then post the debug log file output from the build of the project.

#8 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

For the win10PE se project the latest available zip file is from 2017. You would not expect it to support 1803 build. You need to update it using the script in Utils named 'Update Win10PESE ( Exact and Secure )'. I have had problems doing that with pebakery ( it has a tendancy to crash to the desktop ) so use builderse if you see the same problem.

#9 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

@All

There was an updated release of Win10PESE released on 16th October which supports 1803 and 1809 - the link is on the "other" forum which discusses Windows PE - not sure if am allowed to post a link to it or not? but PM if you want it

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Oww, comeon, after all these years we're still at having to use URL shorteners to bypass board word filters...

Here:

https://bit.ly/2qufIHn

https://bit.ly/2DpYF1w

Wonko

• darren rose likes this

#11 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for that Wonko - just didn't want to get flamed for posting link! 

#12 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for that Wonko - just didn't want to get flamed for posting link! 

No prob :) , I can take the blame (or the flaming or both).

Wonko

#13 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

Unless something has changed don't see an updated zip file. The other site says you have to run the update script (plugin) to get the latest release.

#14 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

Unless something has changed don't see an updated zip file. The other site says you have to run the update script (plugin) to get the latest release.

Yes that is correct for now - initially that post did have a link to a zip file to download, but it has been removed now and as of yet it is not on the main server

#15 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

Oww, comeon, after all these years we're still at having to use URL shorteners to bypass board word filters...

Here:

https://bit.ly/2qufIHn

https://bit.ly/2DpYF1w

Wonko

Hi Wonko,

About this "badword list", not me to decide but I know how to remove it.

If need be and once decided, I can (i.e know how to) remove it (3 words on this list currently, 2 of them being about "the other" web site).

Since it is easy to use url shorteners these days, not sure about the utility of "banning" url's.

Banning "true" bad words eventually would be more useful.

IMHO...

Cheers,

Erwan

Edit : i checked the 3rd bad word and actually this is a subdomain of the "other" web site :)

Dont know the history with this web site but there must some.

#16 flaviomidgard

flaviomidgard
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

I am so so sorry for the stupid question guys but i am not finding the answer T__T

I am using PEBakery and I#d like to install Acronis software on there... how can I do it?

I already tried so many options but still not possible to do it.

thank u guys!!!

#17 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

The builder you are using is not relevant to your question. What is relevant is what PE project you are using. If you are using win10pese then Acronis plugins are available via the Downloads script in Utils.

Attached Files

#18 pxstein

pxstein

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

How to merge in PEBakery two *.script files into one?

As @paraglider wrote some days ago "If you want to avoid having 2 files per tool then tweak the generated scripts and add the embedded files to the main script. You will need to tweak the ExtractFile calls in the main script as well."

So what means exactly "tweak" here?

Is it sufficient to just append the "......_XPE_File.Script" content to the end of the "......XPE.Script"?

Or do I have to append the content sectionwise (=[main] at the end of [main]....)?

Is simply copying enough or do I have to change/edit something in addition?

Is it planned to add a "create single file" checkbox-option to PEbakery similar to WinBuilder?

Peter

Edited by pxstein, 13 November 2018 - 02:14 PM.

#19 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hi all,

I've split the posts in this thread from the ADK PEBakery / WinBuilder Project support thread. The posts here are more relevant to PEBakery than the ADK project and the support thread was becoming increasingly offtopic :offtopic:

:cheers:

Misty

#20 pxstein

pxstein

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

How do I refresh scripts for all currently existing Plugins in local PEBakery-Project installation?

Assume I started PEBakery with an assigned Win10XPE or Win10PESE project.

This project contains some (a lot of) pre-defined scripts from Project server.

How can I tell PEBakery to search for  new version of ALL scripts, then download them (if available) and replace existing?

If I click on big "Refresh" button at the top I guess it means only refresh PEBakery components but not the scripts inside a project.

On the other side if click on the tiny refresh bttton on each script page at the right border then only the current script seems to be updated.

So what I need is an one-click-update of all local Plugin-Scripts.

How can I achieve this?

Keep in mind that simply changing the whole project is not approriate since I adjust manually some settings in project and would have to re-adjust them for a new project version.

Peter

#21 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

How do I refresh scripts for all currently existing Plugins in local PEBakery-Project installation?

The big refresh button at the top of the UI should refresh all project plugins.

Alternatively you can close PEBakery, delete the Database folder and restart PEBakery.

And if you replace or edit the PEBakery.ini configuration file then you will need to stop/restart PEBakery for the changes to take effect.

How can I tell PEBakery to search for new version of ALL scripts, then download them (if available) and replace existing?

I'm not sure if the download functions are working. I don't use either of these projects at the moment.

:cheers:

Misty
  • pxstein likes this

#22 pxstein

pxstein

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Some more questions about the plugin generation process:

1.) When I let PEBakery put a shortcut on desktop for a plugin then this thumbnail is rather small (in comparison with the one in WinBuilder).

How can I tell PEBakery to create bigger thumbnails on Desktop (for all shortcuts)?

2.) Similarly the shortcuts are aligned along a grid. How can I decrease the space between the shortcuts on desktop?

More shortcuts (resp.their thumbnails) should fit on the desktop.

3.) In order to hide the File Container entry in PEBakery  I have to assign/change  Level=0 (instead of Level=5) in *__XPE_File.Script file

How can I tell PEBakery to always automatically write Level=0 in *_XPE_File.Script during XPE Packed Plugin Creator generation?

Thank you

Peter

#23 APT

APT
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:25 AM

Hi pxstein

In order to hide the File Container entry in PEBakery  I have to assign/change  Level=0 (instead of Level=5) in *__XPE_File.Script file

How can I tell PEBakery to always automatically write Level=0 in *_XPE_File.Script during XPE Packed Plugin Creator generation?

many of the _File scripts already do this with

IniWrite,%ScriptFile%,Main,Level,0

at the end of the [process] section

regards APT

Edited by APT, 20 November 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#24 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

Best way to do a full update of win10pese is to use the update script in Utils folder ( Update Win10PESE (Exact and Secure) ). Hit the big button labelled Update ( Download + Copy ) to update.

Win10XPE is different - it does not use the usual updates.ini file mechanism. You update by downloading the latest zip fille.

#25 APT

APT
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Win10XPE is different - it does not use the usual updates.ini file mechanism. You update by downloading the latest zip fille.

and the many non included plugins to that latest zip file are available via the page 1 index on the  Win10XPE Optional Member Plugins page, individually but not as a package, All work quite happily (in XPE) with both BuilderSE or PEBakery builders

Edited by APT, 20 November 2018 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users