Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Can we have in addition to the "New Posts" query a query "New Posts besides <Member>'s". I think that PHP can do.
Currently in my overstressed mind is "Wonko the ???" the first candidate to exclude.
And is it possible to save this as option in my profile?

Currently I'm getting crazy with a lot of "For the record" and "Let me add some links which nobody needs".
Off course, I open new posts, and then ... B*** S***

Latest example: The IMHO 100% unnecessary post in Multi-WIm-Support

Peter

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

You will need to exclude only posts by Wonko (the Sane) that contain "for the record" and those containing a picture, this is an example :cheers: :

Posted Image

Come on :), if you exclude ALL posts from Wonko (the Sane) :cheers: you will loose a lot of the fun.... Posted Image

:cheers:
Wonko

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

Can we have in addition to the "New Posts" query a query "New Posts besides <Member>'s". I think that PHP can do.

Maybe one day it can be done. For the moment I have no conditions to implement such feature since other priorities require attention and this feature would not really solve a problem that exists but merely hide it from sight.

Possible alternatives are:
- filtering Wonko messages that arrive on inbox, create some rules on incoming messages
- write a no-script plugin for firefox that removes any wonko presence
- talk with wonko directly

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

There use to be a little program, which name escapes me at the moment, that was used as sort of a proxy between the browser and the web. It could be configured to rewrite whole web pages to ones liking based on a set of rules.

Using a own custom css in the browser, could have the same effect these days and might be simper to implement.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users