11 replies to this topic

#1 gamora77

gamora77
  • Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

I'm just curious as to why people are such big fans of Windows 7 and refuse to upgrade to Windows 10. I see a lot of people claim that they'll never upgrade but no-one gives a reason.

#2 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Some possible explanations :

-requires less disk space

-requires less memory

-runs quicker on older machines

-is faster to install

-does not send tons of possibly personal informations to microsoft (telemetry) - this latter being probably the most debated one

Now, most above points (apart from the last one) is true everytime you compare previous/next OS version.

Pro thus when you upgrade to a new OS :

-better hardware compatibility with new devices (at the expanse of droping the old hardware compatibility thus...)

-better security (at the expanse of sharing your datas with your software editor thus...) which seems a common them with most big guys outthere (GAFAM)

-newer functionalities

I personally like my windows 8.1 for now :)

• blackbalfur and Blackcrack like this

#3 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

I think it is because they assume windows 7 is lighter, yes it is only at the beginning, then they have a long list of programs they have postinstalled. They do not know though, that a debloated version of windows 10 is much more powerful and saves u post-install time. most apps and programs that want reinstalling under window 7 work automatically under windows 10. if they compared install program lists in both systems, they would go windows 10, I am sure.

#4 gamora77

gamora77
  • Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

I'm just curious as to why people are such big fans of Windows 7 and refuse to upgrade to Windows 10. I see a lot of people claim that they'll never upgrade but no-one gives a reason.VidMate https://. xender.vip/ https://. testmyspeed.onl/

my issue has been solved!!

#5 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Because I can't do this:

5V3c2gL.jpg

• Blackcrack likes this

#6 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

u can, with 3rd party software

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hey peeps :),

haven't you noticed it, gamora77 is a SPAMmer.

How it works:

1) he starts a new thread with some generic or wide enough request
2) once some people (in perfect good faith and willing to help) reply
3) he quotes himself (ADDING a few links to crappy sites/online services/whatever) and posts a "thank you" or "problem solved".

I reported him as a SPAMmer as soon as he posted here his reply (including links):

http://reboot.pro/to...ontract-worker/

http://reboot.pro/to...orker/?p=210103

But somehow the message didn't reach the Board Admins (or for whatever reasons it was ignored).

:duff:

Wonko

#8 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

Damn... I hate when this happens :(
Thx for letting me know.

#9 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:10 AM

i use my Win7 so far up to Reactos comes.. why, i guess, everybody knows that..

Data safety and Computer Security .. and independence of the united States laws .....

Also the possible to Skinning and have a Ordering system surface design like i want and not a Factory...(in the States)

best regards

Blacky

• Camiel likes this

#10 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

u can, with 3rd party software

No you can't. 

It's bloat at best. let alone buggy, most of the time, haven's see a decent run dialog yet.

No 3rd party I have found can actually imitate the real estate awareness, the minimalism, the simplicity, the low resource requirement of the classic theme.

#11 Camiel

Camiel

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:26 AM

i use my Win7 so far up to Reactos comes.. why, i guess, everybody knows that..

My sentiment exactly.

But I am afraid we'll have to wait for a long time still.

#12 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

nope, i be in security work and spread the word of "reactos.org" at the gate where also comes many Visitors from the Factory !  

This can you do also.. Trade and spread the word in Factory in your land, because Free Windows and fully view in the kernel..

You can also speed it up.

If the Factorys lick the blood on this free and open Source Windows, and total open and view able Kernel speed it really up..

Because the factory have now the possibility to set the source up for

the Factory and can let it make better and be in able to give it to the community back..

and if you think further what you can do too ...... give there many possibility in the real world..

to working for a free windows nt as spreader as private hobby .. bring the word under the

peoples and they want explore the reactos pages and if they understand what for a possibility reactos is,

want they support it and work with it, because, it's open, safe and secure your computer, also the factory computers ...

so, Spread the word of "Reactos.org" a free and Open Source WinNT in the world ..

The same like Microsoft but out of the community, open Source and the kernel is -fully- view able !

best regards

Blacky

make it to a religion ! a Independent WinNT, a honest WinNT and a open WinNT

Spread the word !

• Camiel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users