• Developer
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Free iSCSI Target software
    http://www.kernsafe.com
  •  
    China

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

Hello all!

TotalMounter has been updated to version 1.50!

It is first and only free software that can create virtual CD/DVD burner that you can use to burn ISO images using software of your choice (Nero, for example). After mounting a virtual CD/DVD-RW, it will appear for the system that you have connected a burner and therefore allow you to use it in any burning software. Except for creating virtual CD/DVD-RW, you may also use it as a iSCSI initiator to connect to iSCSI targets. Most importantly, as the name implies TotalMounter can mount everything. From a variety of image files (.iso, .cdi, .bin, .mds, .mdf, .img, .raw, .ccd, .nrg) to a virtual disk image (.img, .vhd).

I'm very pleased with any feedback I can get. Also if you would like to see any additional feature in upcoming release, feel free to ask!

If you wish to know more about it, please visit:
http://www.kernsafe....talmounter.aspx

TotalMounter is completely free!

Download link:
http://reboot.pro/fi...14-totalmounter
Mirror(direct link):
www.kernsafe.com/download/TotalMounter1.50.exe

Screen:
Posted Image

Starters Guide PDF:
http://www.kernsafe....data-sheet.aspx
Posted Image

YouTube Video Tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROn0WLszGg4

Press Release:
http://www.kernsafe....unter-1.50.aspx

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

Tested it and seems to work as you said. The only thing I can say I dont like is the ad banner on the program itself. Usaully a link to the original Creators is put on the help Menu - About. Great Program otherwise.

Easy to install and use.

first and only software that can create virtual CD/DVD burner

This cant be claimed. There are other companys that have retail Virtual CD/DVD RW Burner ability.
Some Retail Alternatives:
- Phantom Burner - a Blu-ray BD-RE/DVD+RW/DVD-RAM/CD-R/BD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-ROM burner drive

- Virtual CD v10.1 - With the virtual burner you can burn virtual CDs from any application. Thus you always have a burner available in your system, even on computers with no physical burner.

This software can probably claim the Title of being
"first and only FREE software that can create virtual CD/DVD burner"

The Help Button is not needed because it doesnt open a help file. It goes to the TotalMounter Main Page.

When you create a vhd File and Mount it. How is it used? It Seems mounted but not usable because it is not Formated or using a Drive Letter.

Does it support burning Virtual disc images for audio CD's?
Can you add an Option on the settings to disable the banner from showing?
I wonder if it can be made into a portable Program?

TotalMounter.jpg

Thanks for the post.

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

The tool was already mentioned here:
http://reboot.pro/1507/

Kernsafe has a FREEWARE app, called Total Mounter:
http://www.kernsafe.com/Default.aspx
http://www.kernsafe....oduct.aspx?id=7
http://www.kernsafe.com/DownLoad.aspx
http://www.kernsafe....Mounter1.32.exe
which includes a Virtual Disk Driver. B)

A very preliminary report, but it seems like this one is the "right" one ;) :
  • ksbus.sys installs with LoadOrderGroup = Boot Bus Extender :)
  • it appears as a FULL, SCSI miniport device, and as a "Local" disk

I am personally not interested in the "virtual burn" feature as I mainly use mkisofs and most programs already have the ability to generate a .iso, but maybe now that you are "on board" you may accept the above hint about the possibility of using it as a "bootable virtual disk". :)

:cheers:
Wonko

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hi Matt,

Will your tool remain free or there exist intentions to place a price tag in the future?

If it remains free, I would be happy to mention this our newsletter readers.

Take care.

#5 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

hello all.
Nice software. But i ave 1 sagesstion for future version.
Mount fizical hard disks from network computers. This feature will be verry cool for installing windows 7 via network

#6 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

Tested it and seems to work as you said. The only thing I can say I dont like is the ad banner on the program itself. Usaully a link to the original Creators is put on the help Menu - About. Great Program otherwise.

Easy to install and use.

This cant be claimed. There are other companys that have retail Virtual CD/DVD RW Burner ability.
Some Retail Alternatives:
- Phantom Burner - a Blu-ray BD-RE/DVD+RW/DVD-RAM/CD-R/BD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-ROM burner drive

- Virtual CD v10.1 - With the virtual burner you can burn virtual CDs from any application. Thus you always have a burner available in your system, even on computers with no physical burner.

This software can probably claim the Title of being
"first and only FREE software that can create virtual CD/DVD burner"

The Help Button is not needed because it doesnt open a help file. It goes to the TotalMounter Main Page.

When you create a vhd File and Mount it. How is it used? It Seems mounted but not usable because it is not Formated or using a Drive Letter.

Does it support burning Virtual disc images for audio CD's?
Can you add an Option on the settings to disable the banner from showing?
I wonder if it can be made into a portable Program?

TotalMounter.jpg

Thanks for the post.

I'm glad that you didn't had any problems with it, but if you will bump on any, let me know.

So from now on we will only claim that it is "First FREE software that can create virtual CD/DVD burner".

Help files are still being created, that is why that button redirect to TotalMounter main page. As soon as they will be finished, they will be added to software.

We didn't found such problem with VHD file. Did you used already formatted and partitioned one? If so, you should be able to see it as a normal hard drive in My Computer and you should be able to access it without any problems.
If your VHD file is formatted and partitioned but you still don't see it, can you please tell me more information about it? (How you created it, File system, Size.)

As for now, TotalMounter don't support Audio files but we plan to add such feature in next release.

Banner is there so we can drive some traffic to our website and thanks to that application can remain totally free.
In future we will maybe add a commercial version that won't have such banner, but that won't affect free version in any way.

Creating portable version is not possible.

Hi Matt,

Will your tool remain free or there exist intentions to place a price tag in the future?

If it remains free, I would be happy to mention this our newsletter readers.

Take care.

Hello,

TotalMounter will be always continue to be developed as a free software. Even if we plan to add a commercial version in future that won't have banner, that won't affect free version in any way! It will still be developed and remain absolutely free.

hello all.
Nice software. But i ave 1 sagesstion for future version.
Mount fizical hard disks from network computers. This feature will be verry cool for installing windows 7 via network

There is already such feature in TotalMounter - it have build in iSCSI Initiator that will allow you to mount disk as local hard drives. To read more about it, please check iSCSI Target Software, such as iStorage Server.
http://www.kernsafe....age-server.aspx

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

Testing TotalMounter - Virtual CD/DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 encountered error message. But Checked the CDRW Drive and the burn seemed to have put data on the CDRW ISO Image

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

TotalMounter will be always continue to be developed as a free software. Even if we plan to add a commercial version in future that won't have banner, that won't affect free version in any way! It will still be developed and remain absolutely free.

I'm happy to hear this and will be glad to help with the newsletter announcement.

#9 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm glad that you didn't had any problems with it, but if you will bump on any, let me know.

The Window Resizing button on the bottom right of the Window does not work.

I received an error during a test burn. See previous post.

We didn't found such problem with VHD file. Did you used already formatted and partitioned one? If so, you should be able to see it as a normal hard drive in My Computer and you should be able to access it without any problems.
If your VHD file is formatted and partitioned but you still don't see it, can you please tell me more information about it? (How you created it, File system, Size.)

I created a New VHD file
1 Create vhd.jpg

Main Menu Says Mount VHD. So at this point when I click Ok. I would expect for the newly created Vhd file to be created and mounted to a drive.
2 Create vhd.jpg

At this point TotalMounter shows the newly created VHD file on the Device List but the VHD is not mounted. As you can see from the Picture there is no drive letter that the VHD file uses to mount itself to.
3 Create vhd.jpg

As for now, TotalMounter don't support Audio files but we plan to add such feature in next release.

Thumbs up.

Banner is there so we can drive some traffic to our website and thanks to that application can remain totally free.
In future we will maybe add a commercial version that won't have such banner, but that won't affect free version in any way.

Ok!

Creating portable version is not possible.

How about a script version for Winbuilder Bootable PE Projects.

Hello,

Good to hear.

There is already such feature in TotalMounter - it have build in iSCSI Initiator that will allow you to mount disk as local hard drives. To read more about it, please check iSCSI Target Software, such as iStorage Server.
http://www.kernsafe....age-server.aspx

I would recommend creating some tutorial videos on how to use this feature and some other videos on how to use the program options on TotalMounter and upload them to Youtube's Website so they can be seen by more people.

Thanks!

#10 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

Testing TotalMounter - Virtual CD/DVD burner to burn LiveBoot 2012 encountered error message. But Checked the CDRW Drive and the burn seemed to have put data on the CDRW ISO Image

Can you provide more information about the problem? Which software did you use to burn LiveBoot 2012? What error did you encounter?

I'm happy to hear this and will be glad to help with the newsletter announcement.

I'm glad to hear that too and I look forward to it!

The Window Resizing button on the bottom right of the Window does not work.

I received an error during a test burn. See previous post.

I created a New VHD file

1 Create vhd.jpg

Main Menu Says Mount VHD. So at this point when I click Ok. I would expect for the newly created Vhd file to be created and mounted to a drive.

2 Create vhd.jpg

At this point TotalMounter shows the newly created VHD file on the Device List but the VHD is not mounted. As you can see from the Picture there is no drive letter that the VHD file uses to mount itself to.

3 Create vhd.jpg

Thumbs up.

Ok!

How about a script version for Winbuilder Bootable PE Projects.

Good to hear.

I would recommend creating some tutorial videos on how to use this feature and some other videos on how to use the program options on TotalMounter and upload them to Youtube's Website so they can be seen by more people.

Thanks!

Blocked windows resizing is a feature, not a bug.

About VHD file, when you mount it, it is in a RAW condition and needs to be first initialized and partitioned. You can do it by fist mounting VHD, going to Disk Management (Right Click on My Computer-->Manage-->Disk Management). Then you will see a window pop-up asking you to initialize that drive. When u will do it just Right Click on that new volume and choose New Simple Volume. Then just follow wizard and when you will finish, just wait for it to be formatted and now it will appear in My Computer window.

Later when you will mount it again, you don’t need to format it, it will already appear in My Computer will all data that you copy onto it.

Windows PE is supported but setting everything up there is a little complex. It will be explained later on during the development process.

YouTube Video tutorials will be created when final version (1.50) will be released. There I will cover every aspect of TotalMounter, including creating and connecting to iSCSI Targets.

#11 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

If I may, a bit pointless as exercise :ph34r:, as you already have a .iso in LiveBoot 2012 :whistling:

Wonko

#12 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

Can you provide more information about the problem? Which software did you use to burn LiveBoot 2012? What error did you encounter?

Oh! Lol! I forgot to post the link to testing page
http://reboot.pro/15...post__p__134841

Blocked windows resizing is a feature, not a bug.

I would consider it better if the resizing was allowed in order to show more of the info when mounting images.

About VHD file, when you mount it, it is in a RAW condition and needs to be first initialized and partitioned. You can do it by fist mounting VHD, going to Disk Management (Right Click on My Computer-->Manage-->Disk Management). Then you will see a window pop-up asking you to initialize that drive. When u will do it just Right Click on that new volume and choose New Simple Volume. Then just follow wizard and when you will finish, just wait for it to be formatted and now it will appear in My Computer window.

Later when you will mount it again, you don’t need to format it, it will already appear in My Computer will all data that you copy onto it.

Maybe implement a way to tell the user the above info when creating the VHD file. Something like.
The VHD File is being mounted in a RAW mode and needs to be first initialized and partitioned so it will appear in My Computer as a drive.
Click here to read help file on how to initialize & Format VHD file so it will appear in My Computer

What can be done with a mounted RAW VHD file with no drive letter inside TotalMounter?

Windows PE is supported but setting everything up there is a little complex. It will be explained later on during the development process.

Ok! Thanks!

YouTube Video tutorials will be created when final version (1.50) will be released. There I will cover every aspect of TotalMounter, including creating and connecting to iSCSI Targets.

Excellent. :1st:

Had a question. Can you burn A DMG file using the CD-DVD RW Virtual Drive?

:good:

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

If I may, a bit pointless as exercise :ph34r:, as you already have a .iso in LiveBoot 2012 :whistling:

Wonko

Yeah I had found the ISO you mention but I wanted to test the virtaul CDRW ability. It created the same size iso as the original. Tested to also see wether it would boot and it did. What if the Original ISO you found wasnt there and you had no CD or DVD to write to.

I have to test it when doing a backup and a program wants a CDR or DVDRW type of media. Saves me from Having to actually burn it. That way I can Have ISOs instead.

#14 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

Oh! Lol! I forgot to post the link to testing page
http://reboot.pro/15...post__p__134841

I would consider it better if the resizing was allowed in order to show more of the info when mounting images.

Maybe implement a way to tell the user the above info when creating the VHD file. Something like.
The VHD File is being mounted in a RAW mode and needs to be first initialized and partitioned so it will appear in My Computer as a drive.
Click here to read help file on how to initialize & Format VHD file so it will appear in My Computer

What can be done with a mounted RAW VHD file with no drive letter inside TotalMounter?

Ok! Thanks!
Excellent. :1st:

Had a question. Can you burn A DMG file using the CD-DVD RW Virtual Drive?

:good:

Thank you for link with all necessary information about the problem. We will look more into that matter.

Resizing will cause some UI problems, By default, you can fit 6 targets onto the list. How many targets do you usually have mounted at the same time?

We will add such description in Help file when it will be ready. You will also be able to see it in Video Tutorial that will be uploaded on YouTube.
You can't do that much with RAW VHD since Windows itself can't do anything with it. That is why every new VHD need to be prepared previously mentioned way.

No, you cant directly burn DMG files using TotalMounter. First you would need to convert it to IMG or ISO, and then burn it. You may use this tool:
http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Resizing will cause some UI problems, By default, you can fit 6 targets onto the list. How many targets do you usually have mounted at the same time?

I was thinking more targets on the list. Only limited by Drive Letters available.
Which Reminds me. Can you add an option(s) to enable/disable TotalMounter to start in system tray when windows starts. To Auto load the last or selected mounted Drives when TotalMounter auto starts in system tray, when windows starts. Ability to Save a Session. If when loading saved Session a certain file a drive is pointing to is not found by TotalMounter then a prompt can popup to ask the user to point to where that files new location is or the option to not load that particular file and drive and continue loading the rest of the Saved Session.

We will add such description in Help file when it will be ready. You will also be able to see it in Video Tutorial that will be uploaded on YouTube.

You can't do that much with RAW VHD since Windows itself can't do anything with it. That is why every new VHD need to be prepared previously mentioned way.

ok that is what I was thinking about the Raw VHD.

No, you cant directly burn DMG files using TotalMounter. First you would need to convert it to IMG or ISO, and then burn it. You may use this tool:
http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/

Maybe in the future.

Thanks!

#16 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

I was thinking of developing a media/drive tool like this, I already coded an application to hook the windows messages sent in for removable devices, and any other found drives. I just need to fool around a bit with using those locations to do various things and I could make something like this. What kind of problems do you run into with resizing on the UI? I've never had issues with resizing controls.

It's limited to only 6? Why? You could add an option to create more virtual drives to mount data to for those items to occupy. I don't see a reason why you'd have it limited.

For image burning I would personally recommend ImgBurn

#17 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

I was thinking more targets on the list. Only limited by Drive Letters available.
Which Reminds me. Can you add an option(s) to enable/disable TotalMounter to start in system tray when windows starts. To Auto load the last or selected mounted Drives when TotalMounter auto starts in system tray, when windows starts. Ability to Save a Session. If when loading saved Session a certain file a drive is pointing to is not found by TotalMounter then a prompt can popup to ask the user to point to where that files new location is or the option to not load that particular file and drive and continue loading the rest of the Saved Session.

ok that is what I was thinking about the Raw VHD.

Maybe in the future.

Thanks!

I'm still not sure if I can understand you correctly. When you will mount more than 6 targets, there will be a scroll bar allowing you to scroll lower and see what is your additional target. As shown on screen shoot:

MoreTM.png

Even if you don't start TotalMounter, the targets you have mounted earlier, will remain mounted therefore you may still use them.
You can always access settings and select Start when windows startup option, so TotalMounter will starts automatically along with OS.

If you will have any other ideas what you would like to see in TotalMounter in the future, please let me know. I really appreciate all feedback that you are giving me, it is very valuable.

#18 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I was thinking of developing a media/drive tool like this, I already coded an application to hook the windows messages sent in for removable devices, and any other found drives. I just need to fool around a bit with using those locations to do various things and I could make something like this. What kind of problems do you run into with resizing on the UI? I've never had issues with resizing controls.

It's limited to only 6? Why? You could add an option to create more virtual drives to mount data to for those items to occupy. I don't see a reason why you'd have it limited.

For image burning I would personally recommend ImgBurn

It is not limited to 6 targets, only because of UI you can see 6 targets at the same time. Look at the screenshot in my previous post.

Problems with UI are already resolved therefore maybe in next version user will be able to resize window as he like.

#19 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

It is not limited to 6 targets, only because of UI you can see 6 targets at the same time. Look at the screenshot in my previous post.

Problems with UI are already resolved therefore maybe in next version user will be able to resize window as he like.

I misinterpretted what you first said then, by limitations there. you'd just need to take into account the resizing and location of all the controls and items when the form resizes. If I was coding this though I would have been more lenient from the start and had at least 8-10 visible items at a time

#20 leviticus777

leviticus777
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

Please consider adding support for yaffs / yaffs2 which is used to make backup images of android devices. Would love to be able to extract individual files from the image.

http://code.google.com/p/unyaffs/
http://code.google.com/p/yaffs2utils/

#21 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

I misinterpretted what you first said then, by limitations there. you'd just need to take into account the resizing and location of all the controls and items when the form resizes. If I was coding this though I would have been more lenient from the start and had at least 8-10 visible items at a time

I understand what you are saying but I think that 6 visible drives at the same time, is more then enough for average user.

As for maximum number of mounted drivers, and that is 8, it is because of some performance issues. If there are more then 8 targets mounted at same time, you would be able to see some performance drop. This limitation maybe will be lifted in the future.

Hi,

Please consider adding support for yaffs / yaffs2 which is used to make backup images of android devices. Would love to be able to extract individual files from the image.

http://code.google.com/p/unyaffs/
http://code.google.com/p/yaffs2utils/

Thank you for your suggestion.
We will try to add support for that in future releases.

#22 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

I'm still not sure if I can understand you correctly. When you will mount more than 6 targets, there will be a scroll bar allowing you to scroll lower and see what is your additional target. As shown on screen shoot:

MoreTM.png

I see what you mean when you explained more. It not that youre limited to 6 Drives at a time. Its a you said, the Gui only shows 6 Drives on the screen. The rest of the drives if you had more then six would be shown using the scroll bar.

Even if you don't start TotalMounter, the targets you have mounted earlier, will remain mounted therefore you may still use them.

I must have not notice it at first. But it is as you say. I had unmounted my test images before closing. :loleverybody:

You can always access settings and select Start when windows startup option, so TotalMounter will starts automatically along with OS.

I had not seen that option.Thanks!

Very good news.

If you will have any other ideas what you would like to see in TotalMounter in the future, please let me know. I really appreciate all feedback that you are giving me, it is very valuable.

Im not sure but what the heck. There is this program called DrDD- DataRescue's DD freeware.

http://www.datarescu...cue/v3/drdd.htm
DrDD creates complete or partial images of disks or memory cards to files on another storage device, allowing multiple data recovery attempts on the raw data, thereby minimizing the risk of damaging the corrupted media further.

I was Wondering if TotalMounter would be able to support the mounting of the created **.dd image of a Disk or Storage devices in order to rescue a persons data.

#23 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

I was Wondering if TotalMounter would be able to support the mounting of the created **.dd image of a Disk or Storage devices in order to rescue a persons data.

It already does (since the "result" of DataReascudd is a "dd-like" or RAW image) :whistling:

Wonko

#24 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4197 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

It seems it does with the
Mount - Existing Virtual Disk Image.
It Just needs some extensions added so that it can recognize *.img, *.dd or maybe other raw images without having to select "All Files Option".

Doesnt see .dd by default. It only seemed to support .img.
1.jpg

TotalMounter sees dd.image once the "All files" option is selected
2.jpg

Mounts it as a Disk
TotalMounter mounting DrDD image in Read Write Mode.jpg

Mounts .dd image as drive I: but TotalMounter needs to have the option to load Raw Image's as Read/Write or just Read Only. No Read only option at time of posting.
TotalMounter mounting DrDD image in Read Write Mode 2.jpg

Other then that. It seems to mount other created Raw images.

DrDD saved me on recovering around 1TB of data without having to mess with the original drive. I tried some other methods but this one seemed to work since I think it skipped bad areas and continued back tracking or something like that.

#25 Matt_Williams

Matt_Williams

• Developer
  • 21 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

I see what you mean when you explained more. It not that youre limited to 6 Drives at a time. Its a you said, the Gui only shows 6 Drives on the screen. The rest of the drives if you had more then six would be shown using the scroll bar.

I must have not notice it at first. But it is as you say. I had unmounted my test images before closing. :loleverybody:

I had not seen that option.Thanks!

Very good news.

Im not sure but what the heck. There is this program called DrDD- DataRescue's DD freeware.

http://www.datarescu...cue/v3/drdd.htm
DrDD creates complete or partial images of disks or memory cards to files on another storage device, allowing multiple data recovery attempts on the raw data, thereby minimizing the risk of damaging the corrupted media further.

Yes, but it is limited to 8 mounted drives at the same time. Like I mentioned earlier, it is because of some performance issues. If there are more than 8 targets mounted at same time, you would be able to see some performance drop. This limitation maybe will be lifted in the future.

We will test TotalMounter if it can officially support DrDD- DataRescue's DD file format.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users