Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2021 - 08:58 AM

POPULAR

Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-20  - New Magic Experience    :magic:  :newyear:

Download File E = Encrypted PassWord = bootwimb

Manual:   VHD_WIMBOOT.pdf   - Download:  Win10_21H2 x64 ISO

Preferred is to use Win10x64 as Normal Operating System with Defender and AV Software Disabled

- Allows Easy Mount / UnMount of VHD and Prevents Attacks on SVBus Driver

- Otherwise use Win10XPE as Norwal working OS so that there is no problem with Defender attacking SVBus driver

1. WinNTSetup do Fresh Install of Win10x64 in VHD for Local Account - Take care that Internet Cable is Disconnected - Page 1-2 of Manual and Settings

2. Boot with VHD and Run Win_Debloat_x64.exe - Debloat Online Windows and Install SVBus Driver

3. Reboot VHD first as FILEDISK from Boot Manager Menu - to make Install of SVBus driver effective

in Windows Boot Manager Menu Requires F8 Disable driver signature enforcement needed for SVBus Driver

4. Boot other Win10x64 OS - Mount VHD by Double Click - Run Win_Reduce_Trusted.cmd - Reduce Offline Windows

5. UnMount VHD by Eject - use R-Mouse on VHD Drive in Windows Explorer

6. Use VHD_WIMBOOT_Trusted.cmd for Capture and Apply of WIM file in New Mini-10x64.vhd Size 2.5 GB

7. Boot Mini-10x64 VHD from RAMDISK - Connect first time to Internet using Potable FireFox - All changes in OS are volatile

Booting from RAMDISK - Use Steps 6-10 on page 1 of Manual VHD_WIMBOOT PDF

Thanks to:

W4RH4WK Debloat PowerShell scripts

Windows Update Blocker from Sordum

- PowerRun from Sordum

schtrom for making SVBus Virtual SCSI Host Adapter for GRUB4DOS

- Best Answer

- Several times Press Enter key  (First Click on OneDrive Remove Window) to let the Program Win_Debloat_x64 Continue

- it allows to view intermediate results and give instructions on How to Install Manually SVBus driver

Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_082548.jpg == Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_082619.jpg == Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_101554.jpg == Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_104915.jpg

Windows Update Blocked and Defender Disabled, 51 Tasks and 67 Services are Disabled, WindowsApps Removed with Clean Start Menu
OneDrive Removed, Telemetry Blocked, SVBus Driver Installed for booting from RAMDISK, UsedSize Reduced to below 2 GB for Mini-10x64 OS in VHD

Debloat_2021-12-09 160258.png == Debloat_2021-12-09 155358.png == Mini-10x64_VHD_RAMDISK_2021-12-12_093931.jpg

:cheers:

• alacran, devdevadev and antonino61 like this

#677 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:39 AM

Thanx Wimb! I have just run it and it works fine. I honestly did not turn the internet off, as it takes ages for the box to riconfigure afterwards, so I ran it all from safe mode (1st option). did I achieve the same effect? I will later try it on a new system, as the main gain had already been achieved, alas, by the famous "brute-force" of the past.

• wimb likes this

#678 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:46 AM

@antonino61

Thanks for testing Win_Debloat-20  :)

Internet Off - you only need to disconnect LAN Internet Cable - nothing to reconfigure

Most interesting is to do a Fresh Install and follow all Steps according to Instructions

#679 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 December 2021 - 12:16 PM

sorry I meant to reconfigure itself, the vodafone box, anyway I will try it the way u said it just the same.

#680 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2021 - 05:43 AM

Update Win_Reduce_Trusted-51

Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Reduce_Trusted-51

Manual:   VHD_WIMBOOT.pdf   - Download:  Win10_21H2 x64 ISO and  Win11 ISO from Microsoft

- Added Utilities from alacran with Desktop Icons and Drive.y Tag file instead of previous Tag file CDUsb.y

- Update Custom_Command.cmd using Info from alacran

Item with %LOCALAPPDATA% cannot be used since that would modify the Working OS and not work on the Mounted VHD Drive of Offline Mini Windows

- Added File_List\remove_SystemApps.txt  is used together with removing WindowsApps and that makes sense since

\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository is in fact a Mixture related to \Program Files\WindowsApps  and  \Windows\SystemApps

ProcMon with Filter "Path contains SystemApps" Include for Show File Activity,  

revealed what SystemApps are needed and that Client.CBS Item is needed for Start Menu and for ScreenSketch App

remove_SystemApps.txt

; Adjust to your needs - Only rules with leading backslash are used
; Wildcards like * and ? are Not allowed inside Folder Names - Trailing * is allowed for Folder Names
;
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AccountsControl_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AsyncTextService_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.BioEnrollment_*
\Windows\SystemApps\microsoft.creddialoghost_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.ECApp_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Win32WebViewHost_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AddSuggestedFoldersToLibraryDialog_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AppRep.ChxApp_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AppResolverUX_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.CallingShellApp_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.CapturePicker_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.FileExplorer_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.FilePicker_*
\Windows\SystemApps\microsoft.windows.narratorquickstart_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkCaptivePortal_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.PinningConfirmationDialog_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.XGpuEjectDialog_*
\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_*
\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.UndockedDevKit_*
\Windows\SystemApps\NcsiUwpApp_*
\Windows\SystemApps\ParentalControls_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_*
; \Windows\SystemApps\Windows.CBSPreview_*
Mini-10x64_VHD_RAMDISK_2021-12-12_093931.jpg

• alacran and antonino61 like this

#681 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:26 AM

I will test this one when I come back from work.

#682 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:05 AM

Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-21

- Added Remove OneDrive

- Added to remove 3 more WindowsApps

- Added PowerShell scripts Begin_List_Apps.ps1 and End_List_Apps.ps1 give Output in Debloat_Lists folder

#683 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 December 2021 - 01:12 PM

I'll try this one too and tell you in a bit.

#684 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:32 AM

Update Win_Reduce_Trusted-51

ProcMon with Filter "Path contains SystemApps" Include for Show File Activity,  

revealed what SystemApps are needed and that Client.CBS Item is needed for Start Menu and for ScreenSketch App

Good to know, this confirms again I can delete Client.CBS safely.

I usually don't use Start Menu and ScreenSketch App.

For Start Menu I use: Classic Shell, (only the Start Menu program, and not the other optional programs included), that I can edit and make it look to my wild (and keep the settings in a file for future use). It also has the additional advantage to replace Cortana Search and allows to delete Cortana without losing Search, but SwiftSearch can be used for search too.

I don't need ScreenSketch, I use a button on my desktop to print the screen (on memory) and just paste the info on Paint to edit and save a picture. But also there are several good portables to do this.

alacran

• wimb and antonino61 like this

#685 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:38 AM

I don't need ScreenSketch, I use a button on my desktop to print the screen (on memory) and just paste the info on Paint to edit and save a picture. But also there are several good portables to do this.

Sure ScreenSketch is useful, but not needed. I use quite often portable FSCapture84 for this purpose.

For PC Context Menu I will test PC-CTMenu.cmd with PowerRun. That might be the solution ....

#686 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:54 AM

Sure ScreenSketch is useful, but not needed. I use quite often portable FSCapture84 for this purpose.

For PC Context Menu I will test PC-CTMenu.cmd with PowerRun. That might be the solution ....

And you should also try Classic Shell 5.81 MB (only the Start menu program and without skins folder), and then remove Client.CBS and save 17.8 MB with a net gain of about 12 MB.

EDIT: Or maybe try Open-Shell a fork of Classic Shell, Open-Shell page on GitHub is this.

alacran

Edited by alacran, 14 December 2021 - 08:22 AM.
More info

#687 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:51 AM

And you should also try Classic Shell 5.81 MB (only the Start menu program and without skins folder), and then remove Client.CBS and save 17.8 MB with a net gain of about 12 MB.

EDIT: Or maybe try Open-Shell a fork of Classic Shell, Open-Shell page on GitHub is this.

PC-CTMenu.cmd is working OK when Installed by PowerRun.

I will Add PC-CTMenu.cmd and CommandPrompt and PShellPrompt as Items that can be Installed with Win_Debloat program.

The Classic Shell or Open-Shell work OK, but I think these items are better Installed Manually.

Will make some changes in the program now .....

#688 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 11:50 AM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-22

- Added - Install Context Menu items for PC Icon, Command and PowerShell - Thanks to alacran

More Info on CTMenu_Commands and for 10XPE here

Win_Debloat_2021-12-14_124853.jpg

• alacran likes this

#689 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:12 PM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-23

- Improved Program Flow - Hide Flashing Windows

EDIT: UPDATE to version 2.3

#690 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:17 PM

My congrats to both of u!!! context menu works wonders. where do I go to further customize it (u know, take out or redirect something I already have someplace else, etc.).

As to the win reduce tool, I think we can further take out stuff, but the most has already been done.

• alacran likes this

#691 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:41 PM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-23

- Improved Program Flow - Hide Flashing Windows

- Fixed - Remove OneDrive - PowerShell Window cannot be Hidden in this case .... Press Enter when script indicates to do so (takes some time)

- Fixed - missing SVBus driver

Win_Debloat_2021-12-14_151733.jpg

• alacran likes this

#692 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:19 AM

My congrats to both of u!!! context menu works wonders. where do I go to further customize it (u know, take out or redirect something I already have someplace else, etc.).

As to the win reduce tool, I think we can further take out stuff, but the most has already been done.

Following info is not to edit or modify what the context menu Scripts do.

But this additional portable program from sordum.org can be useful for what you are looking for: Easy Context Menu

Last update – Tuesday, 29 June 2021 (Silent Update)

NOTE: I strongly suggest to avoid editing the PC icon context menu with this tool from sordum.org, if context menu Scripts were used before, AFAIK all available link lines for PC icon context menu are used by the Script, and if editing it you can create a potential source of problems, but Easy Context Menu could be used on other locations.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#693 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:45 AM

Also this portable program from sordum.org may be useful for those using Win11: Windows 11 Classic Context Menu  November 11, 2021

The context (Right Click) menu in Windows 11 is redesigned and kept with limited entries when compared to old windows . It includes a row of icons for basic actions like copy, paste, and delete, but hides some functionality you might want behind a ‘Show More Options’ button......

If you are looking for a one click solution to Disable or Enable the New Context Menu in Windows 11 instead of dealing with registry entries you can use Win 11 Classic Context Menu v 1.0 Portable freeware Application. It has minimalistic interface Use first Button “Enable Win 11 Classic Context Menu Style” button to disable “Show More Options” from the Right Click Menu in Windows 11

alacran

• wimb likes this

#694 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:55 AM

Tx alacrán, I already have and use easy context menu. I have already customized it. as for ur entries, everything is fine, but the calculator link, as I don't have it where u normally envisage, but someplace else (already linked comfortably, btw). I would only do without the calculator link, all the rest is fine!!!! i only hate links pointing nowhere, do u not? I am even prepared to move calculator where u say to, in order to avoid the mislink! I have it outside the vhd.

#695 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:58 AM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-24

- Moved folder Context_menus from makebt to folder PowerRun in ageement with organisation as proposed by alacran

Advantage is that PowerRun.ini contains relative Path e.g. %PowerRunDir%\Context_menus\PC-CTMenu.cmd

#696 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:02 AM

@ wimb

Attached is WinTel.cmd taken from the topic Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3 started by The_Guardian and continued by mxman2k

This *.cmd is used to control telemetry as much as possible, it needs to be edited before use, to use its full potential.

It blocks known IPs, disables known telemetry tasks, edit Policies and also creates Firewall rules related to telemetry.

I know you already have some PowerShell Scripts to do this, but it is possible (if you make a cross checking) you may find info that could help to improve the PS Scripts.

WinTel.7z password is = alacran

alacran

Attached Files

#697 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:23 AM

@alacran

Thanks for sharing WinTel.cmd to Block Telemetry.

It can be useful and I will check if we need and can use parts of it in Win_Debloat program.

At the moment I have the feeling that the Program is reaching Final State, but I may be wrong.

It could be that after some time we need to Add more items.

In any case for Remove / Disable and for Add / Install there are several unused CheckBoxes available that can be used for future developments.

wimb

:cheers:

#698 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:27 PM

I know you already have some PowerShell Scripts to do this, but it is possible (if you make a cross checking) you may find info that could help to improve the PS Scripts.

Yes WinTel.cmd Info helps, I found already 10 Extra Services that can be Disabled without problems thus far .....

@antonino

Can you give a list of Services that you have Disabled succesfully without giving boot or basic functionality problems ?

Services_Disabled_2021-12-15 161943.png

#699 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:51 PM

sure, for the time being I can give u a pic of the services i have not disabled. pls allow me to give you a list of names referring to services I am sure will not pose any boot problems, the reason being I have already done it many a time and now I would have to resort to a fresh service panorama to tell u what u can safely remove while I am doing it. I have also relied on device remover to check and delete all services that have been greyed out as a result of the previous disabling procedure. for the time being pls accept this list and take into account the sc delete lines

Attached Files

#700 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:54 PM

of course, the fact that they can safely be removed does not necessarily mean that they are not needed. You will surely remember my telling u I can no longer access my wife's iphone for pics and videos, for instance. so, pls bear that in mind, and pls, as soon as u (or anyone else, even the butcher across the street, for that matter) know how to restore the function, tell us how to. thanx in advance.

What I have safely and happily disabled and deleted (not all can be deleted, take this as a general rule, in case u have not noticed already) are all instances of hyperv, smartcard, floppy disk, pcmcia, uefi, xblablabla (all starting with x, at the end of the service list), all instances of intel, the server and workstation services, optimization (defrag), shadow copy, and if I have forgotten some i will tell u during the process, but of course u will have to make a decision, I do not need them, but others might instead. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ramdisk, grub4dos, wimlib, svbus, windows 10, ssd, usb, wim, vhd, wimboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users