4 replies to this topic

#1 The Nong Pradu Killer

The Nong Pradu Killer
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

any ideas on ways to have firefox preinstall extensions? i have two useful extensions i want installed but am not sure about how to go about it.

#2 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

You can install the extensions when booted from your live CD, copy the resultant Firefox profile to an FTP site (or mapped drive if you are running in a VM), embed it in the script, then use a loader. Then when you click on Firefox in yur live CD the loader restores the profile (if it hasn't done so already) and opens Firefox. The technique is illustrated in my Firefox script. Someday I hope to have time to update it.

#3 The Nong Pradu Killer

The Nong Pradu Killer
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

by the way do you know of any xp style shells for livexp i tried lithium desktop but it doesnt work correctly

#4 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

Here is what i did, made Portable APP out of FireFox with plugins :hyper: Do a search "Thinapp" if you're novice or type "PortableAppz" in google (not apps) hehe, you can get the tutorial from first link :cheers: (very helpful when you're running Sha0 or Karyonix on your computer)

EDIT: OK HERE the tutorial (if you're expert and patient enough to read otherwise stick with thinapp)

#5 The Nong Pradu Killer

The Nong Pradu Killer
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

Thanks im currently testing a custom firefox build im tweaking. scriptwise anyway; hopefuly it goes well. anyway anyone know anything about the shell of winbuilder? i keep getting the classic look and i was hoping to add the xp look or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users