12 replies to this topic

#1 JohnM249

JohnM249
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hi hello all :) I've a question about Win7PE_SE x86 project.

My system is...
  • O.S.: Win7 x64
  • Windows AIK: Windows 7 Windows AIK
  • WinBuilder Source: Win7 x86 DVD
WinBuilder082 was not responding on my pc while running the selected project. I don't understand what happened. Do you have any solutions about this?

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by JohnM249, 09 September 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#2 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Does it hang forever? If not its a consequence of the design of winbuilder - its not processing the windows message pump when running scripts that have long running actions.

Note realtime antivirus / antispyware can interfere with the running of winbuilder. Either disable such software whilst running winbuilder or better configure such software to not scan the winbuilder directories or the source directory.

#3 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

And even if WB was written "differently", there are just times the OS gets too busy doing a singular task to be able to respond in a timely fashion.

What are the machine specs and what else (if anything - like anti-virus or defrag, or ???) was going on in the background.

#4 JohnM249

JohnM249
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Does it hang forever? If not its a consequence of the design of winbuilder - its not processing the windows message pump when running scripts that have long running actions.

Note realtime antivirus / antispyware can interfere with the running of winbuilder. Either disable such software whilst running winbuilder or better configure such software to not scan the winbuilder directories or the source directory.

Yes, it does. It's been hanging for 2 hours before I stopped it. But my nod32 shouldn't interfere with it. :( By the way, I recently updated my Win7. Does WinBuilder not compatible with Win7 update?

And even if WB was written "differently", there are just times the OS gets too busy doing a singular task to be able to respond in a timely fashion.

What are the machine specs and what else (if anything - like anti-virus or defrag, or ???) was going on in the background.

My PC is http://valid.canardp....php?id=2339165. And only nod32 and video driver were running in the background.

Edited by JohnM249, 12 September 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

But my nod32 shouldn't interfere with it.

Why not? :unsure:
I mean do you have a "special" Nod32 :w00t: or just the "normal" one everyone has (and that being an anti-virus is very likely to cause the hang)?
Or have you any positive evidence that it is NOT interfering with Winbuilder operations (like you have the same hang with the PC NOT connected to the Internet and the AV disabled)?

:cheers:
Wonko

#6 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Are you overclocking it? Looks like it from the CPU-Z info, but hard to tell if it is the built in, or something you set up...

Try NOT overclocking as well...(if you are) More likely to be that, than the AV< but ALL AV's are known to cause some issues with what WB is trying to do...

#7 koolkarnt

koolkarnt
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

my first try at this stuff was bad. nothing worked. tried on a different machine, better, but still bugs, and yea the hanging app. So i made a virtual machine, 25gb drive, 1gb ram, and a physical win7 sp 1 dvd + drive.
brand new install, nothing but default. dropped the package (chris's win7pe_se) and ran it again. peeeerfect.
the best part is you rip the iso out of there and to your desktop, new VM again and use that iso to boot. testing made easy.

#8 JohnM249

JohnM249
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

my first try at this stuff was bad. nothing worked. tried on a different machine, better, but still bugs, and yea the hanging app. So i made a virtual machine, 25gb drive, 1gb ram, and a physical win7 sp 1 dvd + drive.
brand new install, nothing but default. dropped the package (chris's win7pe_se) and ran it again. peeeerfect.
the best part is you rip the iso out of there and to your desktop, new VM again and use that iso to boot. testing made easy.

Thank you very much. :suda: I'll go to try your way.

#9 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

there is also another thread where I am trying to help someone else...See http://reboot.pro/17485/

#10 JohnM249

JohnM249
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

OK, I did it. There could be some problems in my Win7 disc. I downloaded ISO from Digital River and built my chinese WinPE successfully. :suda:

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by JohnM249, 16 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#11 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Were you going to the DISC as the source, Or a Hard Drive Copyof the disk (better, but still can cause issues) or an expanded WIM made from a hard drive copy of the Disc (best, and never -AFAIK - caused issues)?

But glad you are up and running!

Scott

#12 JohnM249

JohnM249
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Were you going to the DISC as the source, Or a Hard Drive Copyof the disk (better, but still can cause issues) or an expanded WIM made from a hard drive copy of the Disc (best, and never -AFAIK - caused issues)?

But glad you are up and running!

Scott

The disc as the source. I had made a virtual machine of w7sp1 (never update) where I built WinPE.

Thank you, and all.
:D

#13 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

the VM is probably running slow enough that whatever causes the issues with reading from the disc don't show up...If you go back to building on the real machine, please - just copy disc to hard drive and also Extract the WIM to actual files...One time "cost" of time and space - much faster builds each and every other time after that!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winbuilder, 082, not responding, freeze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users