Photo
- - - - -

[project] ALPHA!!! ModPE scriptpack ALPHA!!!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Draugen

Draugen

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

I finally got around to working on micrope again.

After a while, I realized micrope had changed while i was working. therefore; i now bring you:

ModPE - the modularized live windows CD!

2006-09-01: 0.0.2alpha2 out. get it here.
Just a bugfix release.

2006-09-01: 0.0.2alpha out. get it here.
Changes here.

get it here! (unpack into \Winbuilderdir\Projects).

changes:
- New, fancy, (probably way too much) über-31337 screen-driven interface (you'll see what i mean).
- works in winbuilder (well duh!)
- tweaks, nips and tucks here and there
- ramdrive support added (thanks to Ove)
- floppy support added (untested)
- (rather large) parts of the network start scripts based on code by Bart Lagerweij. With permission ofcourse :P

TODO (in no particular order):
- get explorer working
- more programs (bring your wishes)
- better UPXing
- USB input devices
- ++

known bugs:
- something funky with network and autostarting...
- peloader won't work

BTW:
I STILL use an already built bartpe as the source.

knock yourself out testing :P it's late early now, and i need some sleep.

g'night all!

//martin

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

:P :P Testing! :P

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:33 AM

Uncompressed modpe_0.0.1alpha.7z contents to WinBuilder\Projects\.

Contents should be compressed in zip format. More Universal.

Then Running Winbuilder I go to the Icon that says Open. I select the new WinBuilder\Projects\modpe_0.0.1alpha
folder and the Project is listed.

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:06 AM

First Impressions.

Compression part is understood.

Location of your Windows install share.
I dont really get where I should point it to. Is this where we point to our BartPE Created contents just before creating an ISO or Burning. Or do we point to our XP installl CD. I pointed it to the BartPE folder that I use to use to test with Batcher. No plugins.

Configure Hardware
Good layout.
The RAM drive letter part may need a drop down box to choose drive letters instead of making a mistake when trying to type a Drive letter to use.

Configure network

It contents look too cramped. It needs more slack. The right side appear like all the text is a long explanation. After reading I noticed each option on the left has the explanation on the right and it start to make clearer since.
Posted Image

In the location where it says
Location of NIC Drivers
I dont know what drivers you talking about. I left it alone.
I see your have Quemu Nic drivers. Where can I get them. I dont see anything named nic or anything on the Qemu folder or if I download Qemu. I would also like to test it in Vmware.
I left it like this for the building.
Posted Image

I like, that we get the option to hide or not the console Window.

At the end dont forget to set the Paths tab under WinBuilder
ISO name could be ModPE.ISO or something similar.

Tried to build and I get this error.
Posted Image

It freezes here. And I have to shut WinBuilder down and then Launch it again.

#5 Draugen

Draugen

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

Contents should be compressed in zip format. More Universal.

I respectfully disagree. 7z is the more universal geek format. If your archiving program does not understand 7z, get a better one. This is non-negotiable from my part.

Location of your Windows install share.
I dont really get where I should point it to. Is this where we point to our BartPE Created contents just before creating an ISO or Burning. Or do we point to our XP installl CD. I pointed it to the BartPE folder that I use to use to test with Batcher. No plugins.

Did you notice the bit where it says "Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from" ? RTFI people. Read the f...ine instructions.

Configure Hardware
Good layout.
The RAM drive letter part may need a drop down box to choose drive letters instead of making a mistake when trying to type a Drive letter to use.

good point.

Configure network
It contents look too cramped. It needs more slack. The right side appear like all the text is a long explanation. After reading I noticed each option on the left has the explanation on the right and it start to make clearer since.
Posted Image

In the location where it says
Location of NIC Drivers
I dont know what drivers you talking about. I left it alone.
I see your have Quemu Nic drivers. Where can I get them. I dont see anything named nic or anything on the Qemu folder or if I download Qemu. I would also like to test it in Vmware.
I left it like this for the building.
Posted Image

I like, that we get the option to hide or not the console Window.

you may be right that some more air is needed. but that's a lot of info. And i'm big on UI consistency. will se what i can do.

and NIC = network interface card. The drivers for your network card - no more, no less.

At the end dont forget to set the Paths tab under WinBuilder
ISO name could be ModPE.ISO or something similar.
Tried to build and I get this error.
Posted Image

It freezes here. And I have to shut WinBuilder down and then Launch it again.

now that is an odd bug.. i can see from your log that you begin to download TXTSETUP.SIF. But it does not complete. Can you verify thth you have a directury structure off of basedir:
\i386
---\system32
---\system32\drivers
---\system32\config?

Also, almost no files are being copied. YOU NEED TO USE BARTPE AS YOUR SOURCE. FFS!! you are using an XP CD. This will not work. At all. yet.

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

I respectfully disagree. 7z is the more universal geek format. If your archiving program does not understand 7z, get a better one. This is non-negotiable from my part.

I (not so respectfully :P) agree to your disagreement! :P

Just my two cents:
1) 7zip efficiency is not even comparable to "normal" zip
http://warp.povusers...iverComparison/
Posted Image
more:
http://molhanec.net/old/archivers.php

Here:
http://www.maximumco.../summary_sf.php
7-zip is rated #16 while (say) Winzip 10.0 is #45 and PKZIP 250 is #118 (but the deflate64 algorithm for ZIP is not supported in standard XP decompression)

2) 7zip is Free/Opensource, the only drawback is that it uses a LOT of memory, but on todays systems this is not a problem anymore, but depending on original source files, a smaller size of compressed data of say 30 to 50% is a BIG +

There are even tightier compression programs, but while very efficient, they are too slow for actual use, see this:
http://kgbarchiver.sourceforge.net/

jaclaz

#7 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

One of the things that ipavlov is working on with 7zip is to decrease the resources needed. 7zip, for example, always takes 128 meg of RAM as soon as it's run. Also, even set between background/foreground and changing the priority on the process doesn't seem to do much.

However, I will say this, there has been a lot of talk on the forums of the massive decreases in time of version 4.43 alphas. This is something he started in 4.42 and has brought over to 4.43. Now 4.32 still provides some of the smallest files, but 4.43 alpha is better, so it's a toss-up.

Anyway, most of this is a moot point, I think that 7zip is a great tool for geeks, but I would say that if we are providing an "end product" for someone in a compressed format, it'd be better to use ZIP since it's accepted. Since most of the people who are using WinBuilder are coming here for some of the smallest packages they can, I think using 7zip is fine.

Also, there are methods to make 7zip install packages. I need to write up documentation on my InstallerMaker, so you guys can automatically make these tools/packages.

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

Nice project!! :P

I like the way how you've splited every script incorporating a global range of things that can be done and tweaked.

Also noticed again that the script interface was sluggish when drawing all components (initially I hadn't predicted so many components added on a single script), so I've improved the drawing of the interface and now it shouldn't flicker anymore - no matter the number of added components. (will be available on a beta 5)

Haven't tested it yet since I'm still testing other scripts and comparing results, but it seems a good alpha version, I'm looking forward to see the next developments on your project. :P

--------------------------------------------------

7zip is an excellent option, I think the compression rates on standard zip files are good enough for the moment since all exe's are previously packed by UPX wich levels the differences of zip and 7zip.

Perhaps soon I'll also adopt their format for releasing new builds.. :P

#9 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:40 PM

Well,
I guess that what we geeks do, does appear to be geekish..... :P

...but if we geeks don't start "spreading the word" about 7zip to non-geeks, the entire community will be still using a

Katz publicly released technical documentation on the ZIP file format, along with the first version of his PKZIP archiver, in January 1989.

almost 20 years old algorithm (20 years in mathematics/computing is comparable to fighting stealth planes with bow/arrows) :P

Also, there are methods to make 7zip install packages. I need to write up documentation on my InstallerMaker, so you guys can automatically make these tools/packages.

Just for the record:
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=39048

jaclaz

#10 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I used that as my starting point, but I now use a 7z.sfx that is so silent and quiet that it doesn't even bring up a DOS prompt window or anything whatsoever. Some guy modified one a while back to support all sorts of extra commands.

#11 Draugen

Draugen

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, I used that as my starting point, but I now use a 7z.sfx that is so silent and quiet that it doesn't even bring up a DOS prompt window or anything whatsoever. Some guy modified one a while back to support all sorts of extra commands.

could you email that to me?

draugn@gmail.com :P

i'm working on a silent UA install myself (high time for a reformat too now. been a while :/)

#12 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

Did you notice the bit where it says "Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from" ? RTFI people. Read the f...ine instructions.

Read it about 5 times from top to bottom because it was the first experience with it. Still confusing. First impressions. The rest works well.

Confussing be cause you name it:
Location of your Windows Install Share. Which makes me think I need to point it to the WindowsXP CD Install.

The part that says:
Needed for some scripts. Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from.

At this point if I was a beginner I would ask myself what the heck is BartPE. I found this using a search engine or something similar and its called Winbuilder not BartPE. :P
"Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from" I didnt build a BartPE before so what is he talking about. lol!
He must be smoking something.

From another point. Mainly mine when reading the Top and then the bottom info. I get to thinking of the day we where testing the Scripts with Batcher. And since you mention BartPE in the sentence, Im thinking I should use the BartPE Folder that I used back then. So I did. As you saw me state in first impressions post.

So If I remember correctly in the Batcher days it was recommended to disable all plugins within BartPE before building a directory that could be used with the Scripts. Only because of this past experience with this project do I have a clue on where to point to.

Another point makes me think that I should use the BartPE folder contents. THe one that has the plugins active and all. Just before building the BartPE ISO.

So at this point of testing if I was a regular user I would be like :P.

good point.
you may be right that some more air is needed. but that's a lot of info. And i'm big on UI consistency. will se what i can do.

Thanks. It should be UI consistency + Easy on the eyes . Mostly all the Scripts have that except this portion. Thats why I dont point to the others because they have a good layout. :P

and NIC = network interface card. The drivers for your network card - no more, no less.

Im lame and nieve with this part, I guess thats why I couldnt get it to work with Batcher either. :P
I dont know where to get them. I never messed with the contents. Windows XP usually finds it when installing XP. I also use the Plugin with BatPE and it seems to work. How may I collect the files I need from my system. Does any one have them available.

I have an "Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection"

Will this work with Qemu and Vmware. If so. :P

now that is an odd bug.. i can see from your log that you begin to download TXTSETUP.SIF. But it does not complete. Can you verify thth you have a directury structure off of basedir:
\i386
---\system32
---\system32\drivers
---\system32\config?

Here is a Listing of my BartPE Structure. Im guessing thats the basedir your speaking of.
Attached File  File_List.txt   23.9KB   533 downloads

Also, almost no files are being copied. YOU NEED TO USE BARTPE AS YOUR SOURCE. FFS!! you are using an XP CD. This will not work. At all. yet.

Ok! I will try pointing to the BartPE folder to be the Source Directory in the Paths tab.

So where do I point the
Location of your Windows Install Share in the Initial Configuration Script. This is why I said in first impressions that it was a bit confusing. Do I also point it to the BartPE Folder or do I point to the XP CD. Are both Souce dir and Location of your Windows Install share pointing to the same source. :P :P :P

In the Finalize you build Script you have the the statement "Create RAM boot iso"
Requires a windows 2003 based source.

But in youre post you say to point the source to " YOU NEED TO USE BARTPE AS YOUR SOURCE". :P

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:45 AM

Testing again.

I moved my BartPE folder into the Winbuilder root.

From my reading Im pointing both the Location of your Windows Install share and Paths Tab - Source Directory to the same BartPE folder.

%BaseDir%\BARTPE

Nothing is pointing to my Windows XP install CD.

#14 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:49 AM

I get this error. The process window Freezes. Have to restart WinBuilder.
Posted Image

I noticed something. I think I was using the source of my old Batcher file. But it was the old one that was already shrunk down.
So I went back to my Batcher directory and found the actual Batcher Folder that has the BartPE that didnt have anyhting shrunk yet by Batcher. So in comparison, the one I used yesterday was 50 or so megs. The one I testing today is around 146MB.

I still get the freeze effect and the error mentioned above but I get more success messages in the log.

so pointing both the Location of your Windows Install share and Paths Tab - Source Directory to the same BartPE 146MB folder i get this log.

New File List used in this test.
Attached File  TMWB_File_List.txt   23.9KB   473 downloads

TMWB Log

I see that it is copying stuff instead of deleting the contents like Batcher did. So now I dont have to keep adding the new source from a clean BartPE 146MB folder . :P

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:14 AM

Test2

Point the
Location of your Windows Install share
to the Location of BartPE folder output without plugins on.

Delete the path in
Paths Tab - Source Directory to the same BartPE folder.

Run Command from Winbuilder will not run. So nothing happens when you press the button.

#16 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:18 AM

Test 3

Put back the %BaseDir%\BARTPE
in Paths Tab - Source Directory

And delete the path in the
Location of your Windows Install share
Press Enter key so the deletion takes effect.

Restart Winbuilder and run.

I get the same error message as before.

Log:

#17 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:23 AM

Can you add an auto clear Target Folder Contents before rebuild.

#18 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:31 AM

Test 4

Delete the contents of the Target folder. And rerun Scripts with
pointing both the Location of your Windows Install share and Paths Tab - Source Directory to the same BartPE folder

Log

#19 Draugen

Draugen

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

Read it about 5 times from top to bottom because it was the first experience with it. Still confusing. First impressions. The rest works well.

Confussing be cause you name it:
Location of your Windows Install Share. Which makes me think I need to point it to the WindowsXP CD Install.

correct.

The part that says:
Needed for some scripts. Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from.

At this point if I was a beginner I would ask myself what the heck is BartPE. I found this using a search engine or something similar and its called Winbuilder not BartPE. :P
"Usually the same folder you used to build BartPE from" I didnt build a BartPE before so what is he talking about. lol!
He must be smoking something.

Except for the big bold letters that say "Unlike other WinBuilder .scripts, this project needs an already built BartPE as it's source." or something to that effect.

And, FWIW, I have not been smoking at all since sunday afternoon :P go me! (and no, i'm not much of a pothead. I'm talking 'bout cigarettes here)

From another point. Mainly mine when reading the Top and then the bottom info. I get to thinking of the day we where testing the Scripts with Batcher. And since you mention BartPE in the sentence, Im thinking I should use the BartPE Folder that I used back then. So I did. As you saw me state in first impressions post.

So If I remember correctly in the Batcher days it was recommended to disable all plugins within BartPE before building a directory that could be used with the Scripts. Only because of this past experience with this project do I have a clue on where to point to.

Another point makes me think that I should use the BartPE folder contents. The one that has the plugins active and all. Just before building the BartPE ISO.

So at this point of testing if I was a regular user I would be like :P.

OK. i'll try and find a smaller spoon. When i try and spoon-feed ppl with the one i'm currently using, it apparently gets messy.

Thanks. It should be UI consistency + Easy on the eyes . Mostly all the Scripts have that except this portion. Thats why I dont point to the others because they have a good layout. :P
Im lame and nieve with this part, I guess thats why I couldnt get it to work with Batcher either. :P
I dont know where to get them. I never messed with the contents. Windows XP usually finds it when installing XP. I also use the Plugin with BatPE and it seems to work. How may I collect the files I need from my system. Does any one have them available.

I have an "Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection"

Will this work with Qemu and Vmware. If so. :P

In qemu, no. qemu uses the ne2000 driver by default. the driver file is ne2000.sys. I am unable to determine which inf file to use with it. It is also possible to make qemu use a reltek 8139 adapter. read more here. The inf is netrsrt.inf (i think) and the sys is rt8139.sys. Both these files can be found in your bartpe build.

For your live system (real HW), just browse to a folder containing your driver files from the network script.

Here is a Listing of my BartPE Structure. Im guessing thats the basedir your speaking of.
Attached File  File_List.txt   23.9KB   533 downloads

no, i was talking about your modpe output.

Ok! I will try pointing to the BartPE folder to be the Source Directory in the Paths tab.

good.

So where do I point the
Location of your Windows Install Share in the Initial Configuration Script. This is why I said in first impressions that it was a bit confusing. Do I also point it to the BartPE Folder or do I point to the XP CD. Are both Souce dir and Location of your Windows Install share pointing to the same source. :P :P :P

source dir = Pre-built bartpe.
windows install share = the same windows cd you used to make bartpe. Otherwise, strange things will happen.

In the Finalize you build Script you have the the statement "Create RAM boot iso"
Requires a windows 2003 based source.

But in youre post you say to point the source to " YOU NEED TO USE BARTPE AS YOUR SOURCE". :P

I mean what i said. for ram-booting to work, you need to use A BARTPE BUILT FROM WIN2K3 AS SOURCE.

Test 4

Delete the contents of the Target folder. And rerun Scripts with
pointing both the Location of your Windows Install share and Paths Tab - Source Directory to the same BartPE folder

Log

All your runs fail when trying to download txtsetup.sif. You also need to have an internet connection active for modpe to work. Which i say at the first screen (not the initial config one, the one where you click on the project name).

hope this helps a bit.

//martin

#20 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Yes this info help very much. Will have to read it a couple of times and try to get the Network drivers working. Thanks for the Explanations.

and you alsmost had me on the smoking part. lol!

#21 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

All your runs fail when trying to download txtsetup.sif. You also need to have an internet connection active for modpe to work.

Why not including a txtsetup.sif encoded on a script?

With a few extra coding you could also check if the user is online, and if so, download txtsetup - otherwise - use the one that is included.. :P

#22 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

I tried it right now. (Built a Reatogo CD first)

When running the script I got a lot of errors. I looked into the first one and found a typo.

In hardware.script there is
IniWrite,"%ProjectDir%\modpe.ini","ramdrive","driveletter","%pTextBox2%"
In hw_ramdrive.script.txt you want to read
If,%use%,Equal,1,IniRead,"%ProjectDir%\modpe.ini","ramdrive","$driveletter","%driveletter%"
driveletter <> $driveletter :P

I did not want to look for all other errors; therefore I attach the log.

But a different issue (when looking for the FileCopy of floppy.sys error: There is no floppy.sys, only a flpydisk.sys):

You do a filecopy of about 230 files, all of them from the Reatogo CD.
Currently is the $winshare (defined in the initial setup) a WriteOnly variable.
Why do you not use the original windows setup CD to copy such files?

Peter

#23 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:09 PM

In
Location of your Windows Install Share
Pointed to
N:\
where my XP CD contents are.

In Paths - Source directory
L:\OPEN BUILDER\WinBuilder050_B3\BARTPE
I selected the BartPE folder with no plugins

found NE2000.SYS in the BartPE folder and put the file NE2000.SYS in my Nic Folder within the WinBuilder Source Folder

There are alot of inf files. Dont know which one to use.

In the choice Configure Network I pointed to
L:\OPEN BUILDER\WinBuilder050_B3\Source\NetworkDrivers\qemu_nic

I get the same error as before
Downloading TXTSETUP.SIF

Im guessing since you didnt tell me what inf file to choose, this wont work.

Target File List
Attached File  fileList.txt   6.15KB   531 downloads

Log

found this thread and found a link to the RTL8029(AS). It didnt work. Just noticed it was the wrong one.lol!
http://qemu.dad-answ...ca0e7fcc13e4f36
http://www.realtek.c...p;Software=True

So went for the hunt again for RTL8139 driver. Found this one.

http://www.realtek.c...eyword=RTL8139
Downloaded the one that says. Its a 4.77MB download.
RTL8139(A/B/C/D/8130)/810X PCI series [Auto installation program(support WinXP 64/Win98SE/WinME/Win2K/WinXP ,ver 649)(Submission ID: 1205366)]

I extracted it and got the WinXP folder inside. It contains these files.
Netrtlx.inf
Rtnic64.sys
Rtnic.sys
Rtnicxp.sys
netrtl.cat

So people wont have to download such a big file.
RTL8139 driver - WINXP - Attached File  RTL8139_driver___WINXP.zip   174.34KB   619 downloads

On my first test I Selected the files
Rtnic64.sys
Netrtlx.inf

Based this selection on your statement on what files where needed.

I tried to rebuild and the TXTSETUP error that I was getting earlier doesnt show up. Looking good so far.
Then it continues to build the Project.
So it seems to copy all the files now. So Qemu launches and then the Bad new comes in.
I get the following error.
Posted Image

New File list for Target folder. It would nice to have an auto delete Target contents .
Attached File  Better_fileList.txt   15.38KB   637 downloads

Log FIle

Better results so far. See explanations do help. :P

#24 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:59 PM

Martin, have these scripts worked for you?

Here's a possible reason for the errors reported in the log:

#005 [Failed] FileDelete - Failed to find and delete files in directory: [%BaseDir%\Target\*]

Try checking if the folder exists and then deleting using DirDelete,"DirToDelete" - to avoid this error message. (or check the makedirs script code)

#259 [Failed] INIRead - Failed to read value from: [%BaseDir%\Projects\ModPE\modpe.ini] Section: [ramdrive] Key: [$driveletter] to variable: [%driveletter%]

psc has already mentioned this as a typo.

#305 [Failed] IniWrite - Failed to write INI file: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\TXTSETUP.SIF]

Should perhaps add a check to see if this file already exists - I've suggested to add an encoded txtsetup.sif to avoid this..

#315 [Failed] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\BARTPE\i386\system32\drivers\floppy.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32\drivers]

psc also mentioned this as an issue since some sources don't have this file..

#359 [Failed] IF - unrecognized clause: [%BaseDir%\target\win51ip]. Evaluated string: [If,"FileExists","%TargetDir%\WIN51IP",Run,"FileCopy-XP"] #360 [Failed] IF - unrecognized clause: [%BaseDir%\target\win51ic]. Evaluated string: [If,"FileExists","%TargetDir%\WIN51IC",Run,"FileCopy-XP"]

If commands won't recognize "FileExists" only FileExists

#376 [Failed] IniWrite - Failed to write INI file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\ModPE\modpe.ini%]

Another typo on modpe.ini% ?

Looking forward for an alpha 002 with these fixed! :P

#25 Draugen

Draugen

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

Why not including a txtsetup.sif encoded on a script?

With a few extra coding you could also check if the user is online, and if so, download txtsetup - otherwise - use the one that is included.. :P

In my local edit, txtsetup.sif is now an encoded file. i had some trouble encoding is all.

I tried it right now. (Built a Reatogo CD first)

When running the script I got a lot of errors. I looked into the first one and found a typo.

In hardware.script there is

IniWrite,&#34;%ProjectDir%\modpe.ini&#34;,&#34;ramdrive&#34;,&#34;driveletter&#34;,&#34;%pTextBox2%&#34;
In hw_ramdrive.script.txt you want to read
If,%use%,Equal,1,IniRead,&#34;%ProjectDir%\modpe.ini&#34;,&#34;ramdrive&#34;,&#34;$driveletter&#34;,&#34;%driveletter%&#34;
driveletter <> $driveletter :P

I did not want to look for all other errors; therefore I attach the log.

But a different issue (when looking for the FileCopy of floppy.sys error: There is no floppy.sys, only a flpydisk.sys):

You do a filecopy of about 230 files, all of them from the Reatogo CD.
Currently is the $winshare (defined in the initial setup) a WriteOnly variable.
Why do you not use the original windows setup CD to copy such files?

Peter

A reatogo CD is not neccesary - just a regular bartpe will do the trick. Shouldn't make a difference though :P. And feel free to use a windows cd as $winshare. I do not need write access. It is, however, important that the OS and service pack level is the same. Thus, the file box.

And i'll fix those errors. Sometimes i type too fast :P

The non-existent floppy.sys is simply a brainfart.

In
Location of your Windows Install Share
Pointed to
N:\
where my XP CD contents are.

In Paths - Source directory
L:\OPEN BUILDER\WinBuilder050_B3\BARTPE
I selected the BartPE folder with no plugins

found NE2000.SYS in the BartPE folder and put the file NE2000.SYS in my Nic Folder within the WinBuilder Source Folder

There are alot of inf files. Dont know which one to use.

In the choice Configure Network I pointed to
L:\OPEN BUILDER\WinBuilder050_B3\Source\NetworkDrivers\qemu_nic

I get the same error as before
Downloading TXTSETUP.SIF

Im guessing since you didnt tell me what inf file to choose, this wont work.
Target File List
Attached File  fileList.txt   6.15KB   531 downloads
Log

found this thread and found a link to the RTL8029(AS). It didnt work. Just noticed it was the wrong one.lol!
http://qemu.dad-answ...ca0e7fcc13e4f36
http://www.realtek.c...p;Software=True

So went for the hunt again for RTL8139 driver. Found this one.

http://www.realtek.c...eyword=RTL8139
Downloaded the one that says. Its a 4.77MB download.
RTL8139(A/B/C/D/8130)/810X PCI series [Auto installation program(support WinXP 64/Win98SE/WinME/Win2K/WinXP ,ver 649)(Submission ID: 1205366)]

I extracted it and got the WinXP folder inside. It contains these files.
Netrtlx.inf
Rtnic64.sys
Rtnic.sys
Rtnicxp.sys
netrtl.cat

So people wont have to download such a big file.
RTL8139 driver - WINXP - Attached File  RTL8139_driver___WINXP.zip   174.34KB   619 downloads

On my first test I Selected the files
Rtnic64.sys
Netrtlx.inf

Based this selection on your statement on what files where needed.

I tried to rebuild and the TXTSETUP error that I was getting earlier doesnt show up. Looking good so far.
Then it continues to build the Project.
So it seems to copy all the files now. So Qemu launches and then the Bad new comes in.
I get the following error.
Posted Image

New File list for Target folder. It would nice to have an auto delete Target contents .
Attached File  Better_fileList.txt   15.38KB   637 downloads

Log FIle

Better results so far. See explanations do help. :P

TheHive, drivers for the RT8139 NIC can be found in your BartPE source. But youhave to enable network in Qemu first. I'm unsure as how to to go about that. For qemu's networking to work, one both needs additional qemu parameters (easy) as well as the NIC drivers (also easy, but.. read on). If one does not have a RT8139 network adapter, then the drivers are unneccesary. And unneccesary = bloat.

Proposed solution: I 'fix' qemu's parameters to also use the rt8139 adapter as NIC. It will then be up to the user to put the drivers in - if he/she wants them. Any thoughts?

Martin, have these scripts worked for you?

Here's a possible reason for the errors reported in the log:
Try checking if the folder exists and then deleting using DirDelete,"DirToDelete" - to avoid this error message. (or check the makedirs script code)
psc has already mentioned this as a typo.
Should perhaps add a check to see if this file already exists - I've suggested to add an encoded txtsetup.sif to avoid this..
psc also mentioned this as an issue since some sources don't have this file..
If commands won't recognize "FileExists" only FileExists
Another typo on modpe.ini% ?
Looking forward for an alpha 002 with these fixed! :P

The scripts have worked for me, yes.

will release a fixed version later tonight.

//martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users