114 replies to this topic

#76 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

It is all my fault. :rolleyes: The reason why it didn't work for me is because I didn't select the Aero Studio "Source" directory properly :confused1: I thought by default the directory is in C:\Program Files\Aeromgr\Source but it is C:\Aeromgr\Source which I never checked. :rolleyes:
I am doing my final effort and I hope it will work.

The AeroStudio ISO script went well. There is no problem in that.

AeroStudio Live gave me an error and when I clicked on, twice, it continued and finished. Here is the screen shot.
Posted Image
In case it might give you an idea to the cause, what I did first was, I extracted DART50.iso into H:\DART50 folder. I went to AeroStudio live script and this is what I did (see pic).
Posted Image

#77 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

@Shirin Zaban and yggdrasil
On the use of Aero Studio for Grub4Dos created ISO, what I was saying was to create a an Aero studio button and screen for grub4Dos multiboot ISO. So in other words, I don't want to see the Grub4dos menu sreen but the Aero Studio menu. (See screen).
Posted Image

I am a n00b in this so please bear with me. If you see the pic, my interest is, when I click each Aero studio buttons, I want to bypass the colorful Grub4Dos menu and just get into the ISOs.
If this is possible using yggdrasil project or any other way, I would be glad to go forward.

Again, Thank you Shirin and yggdrasil for the help.

Dear andex

I think that you are not basic user at this time.
You have learned good informations about grub4dos,EasyBoot and AeroStudio ,Winbuilder.
Now you can do a lot of works.

About your request to have one button to run each of ISO's in Aero it is very easy!!!.
if you think a little more you will see that you know how to do that.
Any way i will explain how to do below but just very short (because writing all processes again
needs a lot of time and will be a long tutorial)

==============================
1.You should Remake all ISO's that you have made by grub4dos.but not all togheter,you should
make them one by one and put them in source directory.

2.You do not want to see grub menu,so in all of grub4dos ISO's you should change the timeout and dsfault sections as below:

timeout 0
default 0

by this changes you will see the grub4dos menu just for 1 or 2 seconds.

3.You should delete all entries in all menu.lst for each iso and just keep one entry for example
for msdart6.5 your menu.lst should be some thing as below:
color blue/green yellow/red white/magenta white/magenta
timeout 0
default 0

title MSdart65 for win 7
find --set-root /dart65.iso
map /dart65.iso (0xff) || map --mem /dart65.iso (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

4.In Aero, your commands for each button should be changed,for example as below:
for MSdart 5.0
---------------
grub4dos configfile /men5.lst
boot

for KAV
---------
grub4dos configfile /menk.lst
boot

and so og ...

5.you should put deferent menu.lst for each iso when making Last iso.for example
as discribed above:
for MSdart 5.0 rename menu.lst to men5.lst and put in in root of last iso
for KAV rename menu.lst to menk.lst and put in in root of last iso

and so on...

Note: Do not forget to put files below from KAV in root of last ISO too:
image.squashfs
livecd

and folder bases
=========================
i checked by vmware was ok
if you had any problem inform us.

shirin zaban

#78 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

Dear Yggdrasil, I just finished doing the Aero Studio ISO creation with the help of yggdrasil. Now there is a problem with AeroSudio itself, which is already described by Shirin. At the end, when I click Deploy, the process finishes in a second or two and no ISO is created. :rolleyes: Now there is no way to go.
@Shirin and Yggdrasil, is there any work around for this? :confused1:

Dear Shirin, thank you for the encouragement, I feel I am getting things better now but much to learn. Thank you very much for the new idea. I will do it now. I have one fear though which already happened while making the buttons using Yggdrasil's scripts and also which you mentioned in the first post of this thread (the failure of ISO creation by AeroStudio with no error message).

#79 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

Dear Yggdrasil, I just finished doing the Aero Studio ISO creation with the help of yggdrasil. Now there is a problem with AeroSudio itself, which is already described by Shirin. At the end, when I click Deploy, the process finishes in a second or two and no ISO is created. :rolleyes: Now there is no way to go.
@Shirin and Yggdrasil, is there any work around for this? :confused1:

Dear Shirin, thank you for the encouragement, I feel I am getting things better now but much to learn. Thank you very much for the new idea. I will do it now. I have one fear though which already happened while making the buttons using Yggdrasil's scripts and also which you mentioned in the first post of this thread (the failure of ISO creation by AeroStudio with no error message).

Dear andex
This is one of common errors in aerostudio.If you read my chm help file ,i have talked about all this errors,and bypassing that.

Any way,some times aero can not make iso files, and do not give any message to know what is the problem.
specialy this error occures when you have (I386) folder in root of your source folder.

At this times you should do as below:
1.Do not put all of your needed files in source folder,just put tag files ,for example just put files like WIN51 ,WIN51IP.SP3 ,BIN files and ....Then make your ISO by aero.

2.Open ISO made above by ultraISO and add other files and directories ,and save it.it will work

shirin zaban

#80 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

@andex

You finally used script in the right way :) nice to se you progress :confused1:
Quote: “Dear Yggdrasil, I just finished doing the Aero Studio ISO creation with the help of yggdrasil” :rolleyes:

I think this problem with script is related to “security settings” in Win-7. Maybe you can change some settings related to this :cheers:

Note: If you only are going to use one folder “i386” (the one you have in ERD5) you can manually (as instructed by Shirin) extract files and folders from ERD5-iso to folder source in AeroStudio. In button Property you can use command: chainloader (cd)/i386/SETUPLDR.bin
That’s all – no hassling with gru4dos :rolleyes: But this limit your build to only use one folder “i386”.

Quote: “At the end, when I click Deploy, the process finishes in a second or two and no ISO is created.” This is a bug in AeroStudio :cheers:

During this day I will upload a special version of aerostdudio-iso.script that has facility to create ISO-file from AeroStudio-builds. You can test and report back (upload is done in a few ours – be patient) And as usual – make settings in script (path, names etcetera) before you push “start”. Note: I'm note 100% sure it will create a working ISO but test and see :rolleyes:

Regards yggdrasil

#81 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

@Shirin
Making ISO works after using the trick you pointed out in your guide (first post). So what I did was I moved all ISOs in one folder Images and then added the ERD50 files through UltraISO. Building ISO went well but when I tried to boot the ISO created with vmware, I get this error message.
Posted Image
and when I hit Enter button, I get this.
Posted Image
I fear that I missed something in creating buttons but the only thing I didn't do is to select default buttons as I am still testing.
@yggdrasil
It would be really great if you could integrate the ISO creator. Keep up the good work! :dubbio: About security issue with Windows 7, I always use Windows 7 after disabling User Account Control and Windows Defender. I don't know what is causing the problem on AeroStudio live script.

#82 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

JFYI, the entry in my personal dictionary (mind you not necessarily related to the issue at hand):
ISO-editing:

Practice normally performed as a shortcut to avoid re-creating .iso's from scratch using proper tools, like mkisofs, with the rightful command line options, by means of using Commercial software like UltraISO, ISOEdit, MagicISO or similar iso editing tools. The output is often, in the case of complex, multi-boot CD/DVD, an UNbootable coaster. More rarely the same happens for simple single boot CD/DVD's.
Synonyms:
Asking for trouble.

Wonko

#83 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

Dear andex
I do not understand what is happening to your work.
Before sending any note for you ,i did made and tested and if my tests was ok ,I replaied you.

If you want to use MSdarts and KVA in USB,do just what my very good friend yggdrasil says
If you want to use MSdarts and KVA (ISO's) by aero from DVD,I tolled you how to create iso's
and use it.I tested this,when you have iso images in source folder of aero,it will make the iso of
them.

Please read my notes again,and try the project from begining.all of MSdarts and KVA ISO's can be
run from DVD by aero.just read my notes carefully.
(At this time i have saved about 5GB of what i replayed to you and files used or made . I tested all
of them again,all work OK).

shirin zaban

#84 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Dear andex
I do not understand what is happening to your work.
Before sending any note for you ,i did made and tested and if my tests was ok ,I replaied you.

If you want to use MSdarts and KVA in USB,do just what my very good friend yggdrasil says
If you want to use MSdarts and KVA (ISO's) by aero from DVD,I tolled you how to create iso's
and use it.I tested this,when you have iso images in source folder of aero,it will make the iso of
them.

Please read my notes again,and try the project from begining.all of MSdarts and KVA ISO's can be
run from DVD by aero.just read my notes carefully.
(At this time i have saved about 5GB of what i replayed to you and files used or made . I tested all
of them again,all work OK).

shirin zaban

Dear Shirin, I will re-check the process of making Aero Boot again, it worked me (at least till the main menu), so it should work now. I will re-check everything and come back only with good result. No more failed reports.

@ Wonko , thank you for the info.

#85 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

@andex

Script ”aerostudio-iso.script” is updated with extra ”button” (Create ISO) to create ISO-file Note: this is a special arrangement to only support AeroStudio - as long as this "ISO-creating-bug” still is present. Hopefully it will be sorted out in next release.
Please take attention to that I only have tested this in WinXP – report back how it works in Win-7 as well

Please read help in script one more time – it’s updated :thumbsup:
Note: This has nothing to do with USB device – its strickly related to create a working Aero.ISO-file that you burn to CD/DVD-unit (when you know it’s working :dubbio: ). But you can also later run Aero.ISO from USB device - use my script AeroStudio-USB.script to manage this :whistling:

Regards yggdrasil

#86 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

Dear yggdrasil

I am very sorry , i did not know that you have updated your scripts.

shirin zaban

#87 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

@andex
@Shirin

Made some modifications to aerostudio-iso.script as there was problem to run script in Vista.
A final update done (set resolution) that was needed, as I haven’t been able to “extract” setting in resolution in aero-menu file ;)

I have to test again in my wife’s laptop :thumbsup: to make sure it works okay :unsure:

EDIT: @andex
I noticed that you have AeroStudio installed in folder ”Program Files” Post #76 (or folder “program” that in reality is named “Program Files” and by this you have space in the name for folder ”Program Files”.

If I where you I would instead test installing AeroStudio to the root [C:] and by this avoiding spaces in folder name where aeroStudio (and WinBuilder with scripts) is used.
Space in folder name can some times be a problem (the same with space in file names) :dubbio:
Especially WinBuilder-scripts seems sometimes having problem when extracting files (exe-files) to such folders. It could also be related to Winbuilder-075 used in your downloaded ”startkit” :whistling:

Regards yggdrasil

#88 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

Yes this is the right method

I allways install programs as aero,easyboot ,... in root of one of my drives.
and in folder by short name,for example :
install winbuilder in D:\WB directory.
instal EasyBoot in D:\EB directory.

so if i need to use bat files it will work easyer.

shirin zaban

#89 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

Success!!!! ;) :worship: :ranting2: Now most of the things work. Dear Shirin and yggdrasil, thank you very much :cheers: for giving me this much time for the help :ranting2: . I have learned a lot of things. ;) I am finally able to boot from Aero Studio boot screen. :ranting2:

In detail what I have achieved:
- To boot DaRT 5.0 through the method below. I found it from http://ayinat.blogsp...part-1-erd.html

- copy folder i386 and all other folders to C:\mycd and rename i386 folder, the name has to consist of 4 characters e.g. ERDC. Do not edit any files in these folders ,then copy files WIN51* to C:\mycd (WIN51,WIN51IP,WIN51IS,WIN51IP.SP1 - if exists)
- extract boot sector of ERD Commander CD. You need Bart's Bootable Image Extractor , run in cmd prompt e.g.
> bbie e:
( where e: is CDROM drive )
or
> bbie ERDC.iso
above command extract the boot sector of cd named image1.bin with 2KB size. Rename it fo erdc.bin
- Use Hex editor to edit erdc.bin , search & replace 'i386' with 'ERDC' . Then copy erdc.bin to C:\mycd .
- Use Hex editor to edit C:\mycd\ERDC\setupldr.bin , search & replace 'i386' with 'ERDC' (all appearance).

Using the Hex editor, I also searched and repleaced I386 not only i386.
I didn't copy the modified files of ERD5, what I did was I added it after the Aerostudio ISO creation is over, otherwise, Aero Studio will not work as advised by Shirin.
Then I just took Yggdrasil's AeroStudio live script suggested command
chainloader (cd)/ERD5/SETUPLDR.bin

- For DaRT 6.0 and 6.5, Yggdrasil's AeroStudio Script did the work. The script created ISO folder in AeroStudio source directory and I then there are subfolders for each ISO where there are two files, .img file and iso file.
The working command as suggested by the Aerostudio script for example
run /ISO/DART6532/DART6532.IMG

What I couldn't achieve:
- I tried to create the ISO using Aerostudio ISO script by Yggdrasil. I did everything right, but it couldn't work for me. The whole process of ISO creation takes very short time just like a failed ISO creation of Aero studio. I have tested it on XP and Windows 7 and the result is the same :unsure: So I used Shirin's workaround given in the first page of the tutorial. @yggdrasil, what do you thing is wrong? :(
- I did the same for Kaspersky Rescue Disk (Now comes the big problem), Kaspersky Rescue Disk worked very easily as directed by Shirin on grub4dos but now on Aero Studio it doesn't work. :whistling:
I used both suggestions of the Aero studio ISO script but it didn't work. I also tried other used methods but none worked. I am really confused on this.:merc: Is it because Kaspersky Rescue Disk is ISO live CD? :worship:
- Using Aero Studio with screen resoultion of 1024x768 is possible but more than half of the background in the boot screen is not visible. :(

#90 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

@andex

Quote: ” I tried to create the ISO using Aerostudio ISO script by Yggdrasil. I did everything right, but it couldn't work for me.”

Did you move (or reinstalled) AeroStudio to the root [C:] :( and the same for Winbuilder (folder yggdrasil if you downloaded “startkit”) :worship:

If not – do so :whistling:

To make sure you use the latest release of aerostudio-iso.script do a new fresh download and replace old script. There was a bug that I found out when run script in my wife’s laptop ;) (Vista-system in that one :( )

Quote: “The whole process of ISO creation takes very short time just like a failed ISO creation of Aero studio.” Are you sure those paths to your source folder is right and that you do have all files to be integrated into AeroStudio is in source folder?

Quote: “The working command as suggested by the Aerostudio script for example
run /ISO/DART6532/DART6532.IMG”
Sure it works ;) but you can avoid using grub-kicker-image and use first recommended command which is “Alternative 1”
Simply this one: isoemu (cd)/ISO/DART6532/DART6532.ISO Please test and give feedback if it works :unsure:
Note: Command isoemu is not case sensitive!

However – nice to se progress in your efforts to make a “multi-bootable-CD/DVD” :ranting2:

EDIT:
Could you please :ranting2: show logfile from Winbuilder (script) when it fails – this gives me essential information what went wrong?

Regards yggdrasil

#91 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

Dear andex
here are some tips,but i do not know (i am not sure) will solve the problem.

1.For aero,the safe background page is 640x480

2.For Msdart 5.0 for windows xp ,i downloaded MSDaRT50Eval.msi (Dart5 creator)
and made MSdart50 iso by that,then i did as said in previous posts,and know
this iso works for me.(i use iso not extracted iso in root and it works).

3.If you use grub4dos you should use the same name for ISO that you have written
in it's menu.lst . for example if in menu.lst of KasperSky you have written (KAV.ISO)
the name of your kaspersky iso should be just (KAV.ISO) and if you write (kav.iso)
it will not work.(and do not forget to place files image.squashfs,livecd ,and also
folder bases in root of final DVD and also in root of First iso of that).

shirin zaban

#92 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

Dear Shirin, it is a bit disappointing that even though there are 3 different resoultions, only one is safe. The one which worked for me, is 800x600 which was also small and gave me not satisfying space to create buttons. As we are creating multiboot, there need to be more working screen resolutions I think and it would be nice if they work.
Any ways, an author who created this wonderful software will surely fix the bugs and come up with new verion :ranting2:

About Dart 5.0, I think we might be using a different version of Dart 5.0. The one I am using is created from Winternals.Administrators.Pack.v5.0. It might be because of that reason that the solution couldn't work form. Or maybe, I made a mistake somewhere.

For Kaspersky, I will try to do again based on your suggestion, but I can use Kaspersky separately or maybe I will add it on another multiboot CD which, I will do in the future. The main thing is all DaRT ISOs can work together. :whistling:

#93 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

Dear andex
If you have mor options to put in aero,why do not you use submenu?

shirin zaban

#94 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Dear andex
If you have mor options to put in aero,why do not you use submenu?

shirin zaban

Dear Shirin, do you mean, sub-menus under each button? If so, that is a good idea, if there is lack of space. If I have too many buttons, I might consider to replace them by icon too.

#95 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Dear andex

you can have several pages in aero.
For example you can put buttons as below in your main menu:
MSdart ISO's
Security Tools
Operating systems

and then you should make 2nd page for msdarts and put just darts options in this page
then you should make 3rd page and in that page you just put security programs

and so on
Do not forget to place fwd and back buttons in pages

shirin zaban

#96 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

you can have several pages in aero.

:ranting2: this is amazing! :whistling: I didn't know that. :worship: This is really great! I will try to figure it out in the future.

#97 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Dear andex

any time that you want to do that,i will tell you how to do that and what commands you should
use in aerostudio.

shirin zaban

#98 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Dear Shirin thank you very much, for all the help. I will request your help when I need it :whistling:

Thanks!

#99 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

To whom it might interest :whistling:

I have updated my web page with some basic descriptions how to make submenu(s) in AeroStudio :ranting2:

yggdrasil

#100 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

To whom it might interest :ranting2:

I have updated my web page with some basic descriptions how to make submenu(s) in AeroStudio :whistling:

yggdrasil

That is cool! :ranting2: Keep up the good work mate. :ranting2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users