• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#26 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

btw. maanu don't forget to have a style included in your build or you won't see a thing even if it works.

:lol:

#27 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

hi , Medevil , it did not work . well i remember u did succeed in it by using minlogon i guess ?

well i did exactly as u said , i entered info of reg file in registry , end task explorer.exe , re start it , and then double click on luna.msstlyles , and it again asked me to choose the program to open it .

i was wondering if it is possible to add this reg info when other load time reg entries execute .. ?

btw here is the page of info , ( use google translate :lol: )

http://bbs.wuyou.com...=13...=1&page=1

he shared the link to an example pe which loads themes just fine , bt i could not be able to download it .

he attached a minlogon , which passed over my head . at page 7 , post # 62 , there is info of above reg entries .

specially see page # 3 and 4.

#28 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

@maanu
Doubleclicking on a style would require way more registry entries than this and also some additional files, i would think, not to mention a writable SystemDrive.

I will check the site you posted and see if the author came up with something, i didn't already tryed.

btw. i did not succeed with styles in PE, i only suceeded in proving that minlogon/peloader are not the reason, it does not work in PE, as was stated by several people.

Why don't you simply use Windowblinds? It's an option in the GetPretty script and works really well in PE.

#29 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Doubleclicking on a style would require way more registry entries than this and also some additional files, i would think, not to mention a writable SystemDrive.

yes i build it with bootsdi method . the author on chinese site mentioned some additional files , bt i simply have no knowledge how to put them in (besides a cmd file with regsrver running one by one on them ) , and some files in winsxs folder .

I will check the site you posted and see if the author came up with something, i didn't already tryed.

yes he came up with something that he uploaded as a proof.

btw. i did not succeed with styles in PE

we ll now .

Why don't you simply use Windowblinds? It's an option in the GetPretty script and works really well in PE.

i have already tried it , and it is working fine . bt it just eats so much memory and boot time. so it is not an option (at least not for me ..)

#30 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

i was wondering if it is possible to add this reg info when other load time reg entries execute .. ?

Sorry overlooked that point.
Yesyou need to write a WinBuilder script, which adds a new command to the runonceex key.
Something like
reg import (your regfile)
without the ()

Look a bit around in your PE project, i'm certain there is a script where you can steal the needed code and patch it to your need.

#31 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

i have already tried it , and it is working fine . bt it just eats so much memory and boot time. so it is not an option (at least not for me ..)

Windowblinds, at least when used without the other Eyecandy, uses less Memory than Theming. It just uses more space on the drive than theming.

#32 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

maanu, you've seem to overlooked alot. ;) ;)
Read the first post to know, what all is required to get theming working.
There are required files, files required to be registered, services required to be installed, registry patches and not to forget the binary patching of files.

If anyone else is by chance interested in getting theming working and possibly write a script for it, read here.

#33 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:09 AM

well , u r right . bt i can not simply understand chinese with google translate that well ;)

do we have any chinese guys here in bootland ? just wondering coz they(he) might be useful to fully understand it or perhaps invite the author to share his knowledge here about the LONG waited concept . and who actually PROVED ur theory right , that not everything that is written on internet is actually true . :lol:

#34 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

Look for the members that write in the Chinese section of Boot Land.

I remember that Oleg_II has also helped in translating texts in the past.

#35 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

In case you've been a naughty boy and used the GetPretty script with a non stable, for instance WB077???.
There was a misunderstanding detected between the script and the new Betas, which resulted in all skins getting copied into the PE instead of just the selected one.

#36 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

no sir , i used ur get pretty with 0.76...

does it matter how much skins it copies to program folder since it ll use one of them ? just curious coz i use wimboot with packed system32 . and it should not be a cause in long boot time..?

#37 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

The difference is in the space that it takes up on your PE about 15MB versus almost 100MB.
The boot time difference with WindowBlinds agains a PE without, is in the range of 10 or maybe 15 seconds directly from CD, Ramboot should even be less affected.

#38 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Not much of interest here? ;)

So what our chiniese friends did is hacking the 3 files:

SERVICES.EXE

SXS.DLL

UMPNPMGR.DLL
changing the unicode string "SystemSetupInProgress" to "SystemSetupInProgrest".

Winlogon.exe is also patched, still have to check it against a unchanged one.

HKLM\Setup\SystemSetupInProgrest can be set to "0" without a problem, but let the service think it's a real XP. ;)

With the Registry entries form maanu and the content from a normal XP's HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Themes

a BartPE + XPE has XP theme accessible ;) :lol:

CU

#39 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Congratulations, JFX! :lol:

a BartPE + XPE has XP theme accessible

No other files needed?

;)

#40 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

No other files needed?

Does not seem so, well of course it needs the Resources folder.

I'm currently unsure about the WinSxS files. Gdiplus.dll and it's respected Policies and Manifests may only required for desk.cpl to show the preview.

The VC80.CRT files are not needed.

Hope at weekend I have enough time to get this on a nativeEx working, and may also create a pachter for the 4 files.

P.S. Very important don't let xpe kill winlogon.exe.

#41 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for keeping me posted! :lol:
I have my plate at the moment full with getting NaughtyPE compatible with WB077RC2 and have no time to tinker.

;)

#42 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Hmm, it seems not so easy to get this working on nativeEx-derivative.

Heres a plugin for BartPE + XPE. Copy the four files (services.exe,sxs.dll,umpnpmgr.dll,winlogon.exe) next to the .inf and run the PatchFiles.exe

The Luna Theme is not actived as default, but can be selected throw display properties.

#43 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

IF it ll work , then u deserve a party :lol:

#44 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

IF it ll work , then u deserve a party :lol:

Not I but the orginal author at http://bbs.wuyou.com...=13...=1&page=1

Someone should invite him to boot-land, we can learn much form him. ;)
He may also be the only one who can help us get this working for a NatieEx/LiveXP/NaughtyPE.

#45 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

JFX, can you give any specifics what is giving trouble in NaughtyPE? And if you used it with or without IE script enabled?

#46 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Til now I only tested it with LiveXP, will take a look at NaughtyPE, but I think there will be the same problems.

Well the problems are:
- the themes service does not start
- after a while services.exe use almost 100% CPU (only sometimes)
- driveletters disappears come back disappears again ...
- XP Theme still cannot be selected

I will take a look at NaughtyPE for now

Edit: NaughtyPE same behaviour

#47 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

New version of NaughtyPE is on the server which can be build now with WB077RC2 too, which speeds up the building process.

#48 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

JFX are you still fiddeling with the Styles thingy?
In case you do. Found a script, i made when working on styling.
Maybe it helps.
Attached File  Design_Service.rar   2.43KB   601 downloads

#49 was_JFX

was_JFX

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 483 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

JFX are you still fiddeling with the Styles thingy?
In case you do. Found a script, i made when working on styling.
Maybe it helps.

Thanks, but no need for this :lol: , my current LunaPE is about 67MB uncompressed, the Themes does not need much files.
One problem I discovered is it needs the real msgina.dll.

I think, I can say we will have Themes ready this month! ;)

;)

#50 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Good to hear, that you've made so much progress. :lol:

The script seems to have been a test script to check if missing dependencies are the root of the problem.

btw. Another 'can't be done in PE' down the drain! What's this? 3:0 or something for the community? ;)

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users