#1 bshavers

bshavers

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 140 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

I’ll wait to give an “official” review of Harlan’s book (Windows Forensic Analysis Toolkit, Fourth Edition: Advanced Analysis Techniques for Windows 8) only to give others the chance to read it once it becomes available.  But…I’ll say that based on my early reading as a tech editor, this is a book that ranks for me in as much anticipation as a new Tom Clancy novel being released.

fourth-edition1.jpg?w=474&h=395I also think this is one of those books that if not pre-ordered, will have you waiting until it is reprinted due to being over-ordered.  The X-Ways Practitioner’s Guide was one of those books too, where late-comers had to wait weeks for the second printing.  This book is no different, because just about all of the neat things in the book show just how much Harlan has discovered in some very neat areas of Windows 8.

One thing I learned about ordering books from Amazon, is that Amazon will pretty much match the lowest price found elsewhere.  I also learned that with a pre-ordered book, you can cancel before the book is printed if you find a lower price somewhere else.  The point is, pre-order the book or you may be waiting a month after everyone else gets their copy…it comes out in April ’14 and I’d expect the second printing to be needed in April ’14…

1072 b.gif?host=winfe.wordpress.com&blog=1427

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users