#1 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Since peimg is not working for me as in my previous post here, I have been trying to use the driver integrator scripts that are downloadable from the vistape server within winbuilder. I then need to add in any missing drivers that I need. In the network script I extract the lan.7z file and add the driver to the windows folder inside.
For most drivers this is working fine. One driver is not being detected at boot. The driver is a Realtek RTL8168 integrated network card. The driver inf file is netrtx32.inf.
If I use the device manager and tell it to look in the windows\inf folder for the driver then windows will find the driver but give an error message that there is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
After the system boots I can take the .inf and the .sys files out of the windows\inf and system32\drivers folders and put them in the same folder together and use the device manager to load the driver from there. This way the driver is installed and I can use the device.
Since other drivers are working I am assuming that there is a problem with the .inf file. I dont know a lot about how an inf file should look so I will post the inf file here and hopefully someone can tell me if there is something I can change or something else I should do differently.

#2 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Did you try using the current Realtek Vista drivers. That one is not the latest:

http://www.realtek.c...;Downloads=true

Try the Vista drivers first. If they don't work then try the XP drivers.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Esgaroth,

please use [ CODEBOX] [ /CODEBOX] tags instead of [ CODE] [ /CODE] ones whenever you want to post anything more than a few lines long.

Better yet, attach the file.

:D

jaclaz

#4 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

Yes I have tried the newest driver. Got it from the windows driver catalog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users