#1 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

I work in a computer shop where we sell lenovo laptops. Lenovo just replaced their R61 series with the new sl500's. We just got the first of these in but when I went to use my LiveXP disk in it I get a blue screen on boot. I then tried building the minimum livexp project to make sure one of my scripts were not at fault. It is just a generic blue screen stop message with no information on the cause. Anyone have any idea what the cause might be? Is there any information I can provide that might help find the answer?

#2 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

I thought I would leave some information here for future reference. It appears that neither winbuilder or livexp is at fault here. Even booting from a normal xp pro sp3 disc results in a blue screen on these laptops. VistaPE does work however so I guess I will be using that for these notebooks.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

Does the laptop use SATA drive?

What's the code for the BSOD?

If 0x0000007b most probably it's a SATA controller driver issue.

If this is the case you need to integrate the driver.

jaclaz

#4 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

its a generic blue screen. no error code. If I use a regular xp cd that does not have the sata controller driver then it usually just says it cant find a hard drive. But i haven't seen a blue screen from that before. I could be wrong though.

#5 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

Sometimes generic blue screen may occur due to absense of correct sata driver. Is the device's hwid supported by Driverpacks? Please post the hwids for the device in question so I may check.

Regards,
Galapo.

#6 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

hey, I had a couple days off and forgot to come back and check this. The sata controller is labeled: Intel ICH9M-E/M Sata AHCI with hardware id: Ven_8086 Dev_2929. I downloaded the driver and compared with the driver in the massstorage driver pack. it looks like its an updated version of the driver in the i3 folder. I tried copying the new driver over the old driver in that folder but that didnt help. Probably not the right way to do it anyway.

#7 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

Is that with 'CC_0106' or 'CC_0104'?

Does latest testpack change anything?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#8 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

ooh, I didn't know there was a test pack. I see PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106 in the inf though so hopefully it should work. I'll try it and let you know.

#9 esgaroth

esgaroth

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

new test pack did the trick thanks.

#10 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:58 AM

OK, good to hear. I was hoping that it would be as "simple" as that. So the updated driver should be in the next stable release, whenever that is.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users