#26 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:07 AM

My friend, your version 180319 works very fine, no need to select run as admin before run it for the first time.

Thanks for a very quick and good fix.

See you around

#27 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

hello thank you to say where you find the new version of wimlib-clc beta 180319 because it is not on the forum if you could give the link to download the new version x64 x86 I will be very grateful or is ghost thank you for advanced

#28 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

hello thank you to say where you find the new version of wimlib-clc beta 180319 because it is not on the forum if you could give the link to download the new version x64 x86 I will be very grateful or is ghost thank you for advanced

See post # 24: http://reboot.pro/to...ta/#entry206470

#29 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

thank you me no look sorry is ok

#30 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

download bloked wimlib_clc_171104.zip

http://reboot.pro/fi...imlib-clc-beta/

not download update 180319

Edited by vigipirate, 14 July 2018 - 04:11 PM.

#31 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

download bloked wimlib_clc_171104.zip

http://reboot.pro/fi...imlib-clc-beta/

not download update 180319

Click here (for 180319):

http://reboot.pro/in...attach_id=16093

:duff:

Wonko

#32 Tokener

Tokener

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

Dear friends of the wimlib project

To make the versatility of wimlib-imagex available to as many users as possible
there is now a multilingual graphical user interface for wimlib-imagex.
The interface takes over the formulation of the command lines.

Wimlib-clc - the command-line-compiler
(a development of wimlib_clc)

now is the laborious and meticulous typing in of the command lines past.
By using the mouse, (almost) all possibilities of wimlib-imagex can be exploited.

the use of a tool in your own language should simplify the handling and help to avoid mistakes.
therefore, by loading a language file, the surface of Wimlib-clc can now be personalized.
Buttons and explanations are displayed in the local language.

There are already language files in the following languages:
- english (standard)
- Spanish
- German

Everyone is invited to translate the language file for his compatriots and thus make wimlib-imagex accessible for a new language room. Just post a translated language file here in the thread.

just because wimlib-imagex has very special abilities, it is suitable to take on a wide range of tasks.

I hope that you succeed with Wimlib-clc to successfully realize all desired projects.

Download Wimlib-clc - Password: clc

P.S.
the enclosed file clc_readme _*-*.txt contains instructions for the use of Wimlib-clc in the respective national language.

Many Thanks
to Eric Biggers (synchronicity) for the development of wimlib-imagex.
to the operators of this WEB site for the provision of this environment.
especially to alacran for his help with the realization of Wimlib-clc.

Regards T.

#33 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

Download Wimlib-clc - Password: clc

I suggest you better put a link to new page on first post, to let users find easier the new multilang version page (on it they can find new download link), and keep this thread as a historical reference of the development of this project.

For now I edited second post with the mentioned info, and I will remove it immediately when you tell me to do it.

alacran

• Tokener likes this

#34 Tokener

Tokener

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

I suggest you better put a link to new page on first post, to let users find easier the new multilang version page (on it they can find new download link), and keep this thread as a historical reference of the development of this project.

For now I edited second post with the mentioned info, and I will remove it immediately when you tell me to do it.

alacran

Thanks for pointing me to.

I updated the post.

Regards  T.

#35 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:19 PM

Hello
need your help
i have the latest version of wimlib_clc v181010.5 beta i put the exe path of winlib_imagex.exe when i want to capture in a WinPE i get this error
I: \ Wimlib-clc 'is not recognized as an internal command
or external, an executable program or a batch file.
Thanks for your help ?

#36 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Hi Retokener,

I have just caught sight of your wimlib, which has aroused my curiosity. I do not think I know exactly what it does, but I gather it has something to do with windows installation procedures. Let me tell you why I would like some more explanation and possibly some advice too. I am no programmer or system manager. I am just a power user who has configured his windows 10 x64 16299-or-something build in a hybrid way. I regularly boot and work off a baremetal vhd file (need no hibernation and so on and so forth). My hardware architecture hardly lets me perceive I am running windows from a vhd. everything is running smootly, and the small size of the file (I call it bisquit) even prevents automatic updates from installing. once every 2 months or so, free space in the C: drive (the vhd file) might shrink owing to some installation of new drivers (eg. nvidia drivers), in which case I might expand the bisquit with vhd resizer, if I do have to (more often than not i do not). Now my bisquit is less than 4gb, which consist only of those files which the system needs to have on C: in order to boot and come to a complete showing of the windows interface from which, at least as far as it seems, windows appears to be up and running. It all amounts to root files (bootmgr and some other files), boot files (those obtained by "bcdboot c:\windows /s c:"), windows files together with the boot, inf, en-us, fonts and system32 directories; in its turn, the system32 directory has only the catroot, codeintegrity, config and drivers directories physically residing on C:, along with the content mentioned above, of course. all other files and directories (the rest of windows, the rest of windows\system32, program files, program files x86, programdata and users, reside outside C: (the vhd bisquit, so to speak), namely on D: (the disk hosting the vhd file, and are connected to C: thru junctions. the reason for my having done this is that no matter which version of windows I use, the files windows seems to need on C: in order to get to the interface are only those I actually have on c:. What i have not found out is actually whether other files residing on my c: would still be ok if moved to D:, as I simply kept on c: those directories that I mentioned earlier because the system would hang if it does not find some files from those directories on the boot disk (i still do not know if some more can be sent elsewhere and let me squeeze the bisquit even further). I have a lot of ram, so I can even pre-load this vhd into ram with firadisk and grub4dos, which is my regular setting unless I have to install something. So for ram preloading, it is obvious that ... the smaller the bisquit, the quicker the booting. I got these ideas (separating strictly needed boot content from the rest and possibly pre-loading it into ram) from some linux builds, which led me to get acquainted with this site. Now, along with not knowing yet, as I said, if I could squeeze my vhd any further by moving some more files elsewhere (most probably on D: together with the others), I also have the following inconvenience: the hustle and bustle of doing all the moving of files and directories right after the installation of windows (which I pre-do with imagex if i have a workable .wim). Would I be able to automate all this process by engineering the setup stage accordingly with wimlib? If no, would you still have any idea whether there are other files that we can predict windows will not need to find on C: during boot?

Sorry for my lengthy report and thanx a lot in advance.

Nino

Edited by antonino61, 16 October 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#37 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hello
need your help
i have the latest version of wimlib_clc v181010.5 beta i put the exe path of winlib_imagex.exe when i want to capture in a WinPE i get this error
I: \ Wimlib-clc 'is not recognized as an internal command
or external, an executable program or a batch file.
Thanks for your help ?

To use this GUI you need to extract it to a folder, preferable to the root of a drive (C:\, D:\, etc.) and download wimlib-imagex x86 or x64 as required (I recommend download v1.13 Beta 5) , links to wimlib-imagex project and download page available on the program Menu under Info, just dowload your required version and make a subfolder x86 or x64 (or both if you want) and put into it libwim-15.dll and wimlib-imagex.exe files respectively, the program will find and use the correct set of files the first time you run it.  If you had a previous version it may be still pointing to previous location, then on Menu open File >>> Select Program File, and select it on its actual location.       For info on wimlib-clc use you may reed Readme file

#38 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:00 AM

thank explication verry works problem resolved

#39 Tokener

Tokener

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

@antonino61

Would I be able to automate all this process by engineering the setup stage accordingly with wimlib?

I´m sorry but I can not provide an answer to this question.

Maybe on the wimlib forum you find a solution:

https://wimlib.net/f...09de89433b0bc37

Regards   T.

#40 Tokener

Tokener

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hello friends

This thread is not supported anymore.

The wimlib-clc script was updated and the communication will continue in a new location.

http://reboot.pro/to...lc/#entry207901

thank you for the interest, we meet there if you want.

Regards   T.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wim, synchronicity, deploy, imagex, wimlib, wimlib-imagex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users