All you need to do is on page No. 2, forget for now about the other pages, download requiered programs and follow the instructions, all is very clear, and all this has been tested and give the desired results.
After doing all this and having a bootable VHD, after booting from it and make sure it boots fine, install your desired programs, then close the VHD,
// I believe I got all this done. There were some VHD BCD mapping issues that got me lost. I'll outline below which steps worked & what did not.
and you can read and
follow instructions on page 3 to capture previous VHD to a WIM file and create a new VHD installed on Wimboot mode
// I had a look at Page 3 firs time. Upto which all Steps is required for me? Think 5 or 6? Lots of GRUB RAMDISK etc.
NOTE: VHD_WIMBOOT program has to be run under other Win 10 OS (not from the just created VHD), or a Win10XPE_x64, if you are not running it from Win 10 or a Win10XPE_x64 it may not work as espected, then you will need to build first your own Win10XPE_x64 (for this follow instructions on page 5), and boot from it to run VHD_WIMBOOT.
// This was not happening hence VHD WIMBOOT was giving error and getting grayed out.
// I have Sergei Win PE latest 2021 also have from 2017. Will do from that?
// But upto what steps from Page 3? (PS: Please note the Page 2 stuff I did/ had issues with before - Pasted below)
If you can't read, understand and follow this instructions, there is no more I can do for you. There is not an easier guide.
Step 1 is use WinNTSetup to do Fresh Install of Win10x64 in VHD located on Internal System Drive C:
Download Win10_20xx_English_x64.iso Or Win10 x64 Setup ISO in your language from TechBench Or using Windows-ISO-Downloader Tool
Download WinNTSetup and run WinNTSetup_x64.exe for the first time to collect some Tools - BOOTICE v126.96.36.199 is included already
Create Win10x64.vhd using WinNTSetup x64 for Install of Win10 x64 in 25 GB Fixed VHD
1. Disconnect Internet LAN Ethernet cable - Start up with Windows 10 x64 Or 10XPE and Start WinNTSetup x64
// I did Step 1 from within Windows 8.1 and using WinNTSetup x64 applied (Win10_21H1_English_x64) ISO WIM (E:\sources\install.wim) using following steps to above Single partition VHD.
Parameters shown exactly as is:
// Now I have Win 10 PE so will use that.
2. In WinNTSetup x64 - location Windows Installation file sources\install.wim - use R-mouse to select Win10x64 ISO file from TechBench
3. Select Boot drive (usually EFI drive Z:) and Select VHD to Create 25 GB VHD located on internal SSD harddisk - VHD is mounted as Drive Y:
4. Choose Win10 Edition - Select desired Tweaks - Disable Hibernate - use Compact:XPRESS4K Mode to reduce the Used Size of Windows
5. Select Unattended Install - for Local Account Select unattend\Win7-10-Select.xml and fill in the form - Option: select to Add Drivers folder
6. Select Setup and select Legacy Boot Menu Style and OK to Install Win10x64 in VHD - choose OK and not Reboot
// All above done as given
7. BOOTICEx64.exe from Upper Right Icon - BCD of current system file Z:\efi\microsoft\boot - Professional mode - BootMenuPolicy = Legacy
// Did this with some issues but finally got it done.
8. Option needed for RAMDISK SVBus driver - In BootIce Use R-mouse to create New element - AllowPrereleaseSignatures - Yes
// Not used but I did and added it via BootIce if I ever want/ need.
9. Reboot and install Win10x64 in VHD with Offline Local Account - Connect to LAN or WLAN for Install of missing Drivers and Activation
10. use Firewall App Blocker and Enable WhiteList with Allow Internet Browser to block Windows Update and prevent the growth of Used Size
11. Install 7-zip - VLC player and Office and registry_backup_portable and Reboot
12. Open Admin Command Window and use wmic UserAccount where Name='Vx64W' set PasswordExpires=False - More Info
13. If not done with Tweaks - set Hibernate Off - in admin command window type: powercfg -h off
14. After Install 7-zip using file 7z1900-x64.exe - In 7-zip File Manager menu Tools > Options - select file associations, such as zip 7z rar wim
// Did all above.
// Will do the following now.
15. Firewall App Blocker - File > Netsh Commands - Allow Local Subnet - Connect Printer and after auto Installation Set as Default Printer
16. Disable LAN Network Adapter and Disable Connect Automatically WiFi for protection and Reboot computer
// Not sure what this step is but will check inside VHD Win 10
17. Start > Windows System > Configuration > System > Advanced system > Settings > Startup
Select as Standardsystem your normal Windows 10 and Reboot computer
Next Page 3 from Win 10 PE - Which all steps to do?