#1 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

So, in reading over the manual, I noticed it mentioned a "tool" for doing project backup, and yes, that would be handy as at the very least a poor man's configuration management system when working on development of some script modifications.

So, the question here :) is what happend to this tool? I haven't used really older versions, so if this was just removed along the way, that's fine, but we should update the manual to reflect reality (not to mention all the nuances about syntax)...

Scott

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Yes, the tool was available in past versions but it got removed about two years ago.

Guess, it's more than time to update the docs but since they're built on static html, it's not much fun to edit them.

Perhaps it's time to also clean the dust from the documentation system to make it more accessible to users.

I like the way how PHP handles this: http://php.net/manua...nction.echo.php

#3 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:03 AM

Well some of the things are pretty simple to fix (like removing this section)...I actually like a lot things like the javadocs system that uses the information in the code to do the documenting. We are starting to look at using Natural Docs for things like this too.

It's best (of course) when it comes right from the same source code being used to generate the API's, etc.

Maybe I'll take a stab at this with the current html docs?

#4 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Complete and accurate content is far more important than how its presented.

Don't do anything to the docs that stops it being processed with html help workshop which is what I use to create the chm file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users