Server under maintenance

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hello,

As you may have noticed, the server has been offline for more than 24 hours.

There has been a problem with the Apache server that we working to solve. In the meanwhile, it was possible to replace the Apache server with an alternative. It is not perfect but at least allows TLF and reboot to be back online.

Sub domains have not been restored, friendly URLs were removed and many other typical features that we make available are disconnected, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience of this situation.

:cheers:

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

For anyone needing to follow links posted when the STUPID friendly names were on, try the attached. (as always half-@§§ed, this time additionally largely incomplete :w00t:).

Wonko

Attached Files

• Brito likes this

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Don't forget to add a license agreement inside your product distribution. Is it releasable under "Careware license"? :)

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Don't forget to add a license agreement inside your product distribution. Is it releasable under "Careware license"? :)

It is even more free than that, it is actually "public domain", as a matter of fact is a quick re-make (as said vastly incomplete) of this one:

http://jaclaz.alterv...ert_address.htm

which is online (and available to everyone) since a lot of time.

Isn't it fun how among all the programmers and java, javascript, html, PHP, SQL, CMS and what not experts here and on MSFN (besides all the guys at IPB), an actually useful thing has been put together by a non-programmer and java, javascript, html, etc. non-expert?  :dubbio:

Wonko

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Well, there is a saying in Portugal for that kind of thing: "Em casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau".

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, there is a saying in Portugal for that kind of thing: "Em casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau".

Yep. :)

Strangely in England "The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot", in France "Les cordonniers sont les plus mal chaussés" or "Fils de cordonnier est le plus mal chaussé" and in italy "Gli scarpai han sempre le scarpe rotte  (ed i sarti le pezze al culo)" and in Germany "Der Schuster hat die schlechtesten Schuhe.".

The Spanish is like the Portuguese: "En casa del herrero, cuchillo de palo".

This can only mean that in the Iberian Peninsula *somehow* you have better shoemakers (or worse blacksmiths) :w00t: :ph34r:

:rofl:

Wonko

• Brito likes this

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

For anyone needing to follow links posted when the STUPID friendly names were on, try the attached. (as always half-@§§ed, this time additionally largely incomplete :w00t:).

Wonko

I actually could use this tool very much.

But unfortunatelly it brings a wrong result:

http://reboot.pro/fi...file/300-win7pe
http://reboot.pro/in...topic=filesfile

The generated URL does not exist.

Peter

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Is there a difficult part in "largely incomplete"? :dubbio:

It only parses 3 types of links among the zillions types that thanks to the geniuses at IPB board and our Board Owner and the various programmers and HTML, CMS, etc. experts that cooperated over the years were produced - often by the board features themselves.

The thingy is one of the simplest (and as said undoubtedly half-@§§ed) javascripts that were ever published on the net, if you need to unbotch a link to a file, you can well find the board "native" addressing scheme and add a provision for those (or learn how to convert it manually, it's not that difficult.

This:

http://reboot.pro/files/file/300-win7pe

translates to:

http://reboot.pro/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=300

Wonko

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Thanks Wonko!

In the mean time I found by try and error the translations I need in the new WinBuilder project:

urlBaseFriendly = "http://reboot.pro",
            urlFileFriendly = "/files/file/",
            urlDownloadFriendly = "/files/download/",
            urlCategoryFriendly = "/files/category/",
            urlBaseDirect = "http://reboot.pro/index.php?",
            urlFileDirect = "app=downloads&showfile=",
            urlDownloadDirect = "app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=",
            urlCategoryDirect = "app=downloads&showcat=",

Used code is something like:

private void getDownloadURL() {
// 2013-AUG-10 psc add non-FURL processing        
//            downloadURL = "http://reboot.pro/files/download/" + downloadId + "-/";     
        if (common.useFURL) {
            downloadURL = common.urlBaseFriendly + common.urlDownloadFriendly + downloadId + common.stub;
        } else {
            downloadURL = common.urlBaseDirect + common.urlDownloadDirect + downloadId;
        }
    }

Peter

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Good :).

In theory, it's the whole FURL idea that is the cause of many issues.

If you check the (more complete) script for MSFN board, you will see how there are/were - at least for "topics" and "posts", several different kinds of "FURL's", since the "native" board addressing has been the same (still at least for "topics" and "posts") since several years and that typing of addresses has always worked, it would make more sense for a "program" to ONLY use "native" addressing.

I mean, right now it seems to me like that snippet does is:

1. let me refer to something through an "alias" instead of the "real" address
  2. let me check if the board software can resolve this "alias" into the "real" address
  3. if it doesn't then let me internally convert the "alias" to the "real" address

But - historically - the FURL format has been changed a few times (and I suspect it to be also dependent on some settings of the board software that may be changed, even involuntarily) IMHO it would make more sense to directly use in a program the "native" addressing scheme, that - till now - has always worked. :dubbio:

I mean, if you want to send a letter to:

John Doe

214, Neverther Rd.

Nocity

Neverland (NX)

do you write on the envelope that exact address or you write something like:

Johnny (in the house near the farm of that guy who is the cousin of Billy Bob ;)) Nocity, Neverland (NX)

then hope that the mailman is a smart guy and can deliver the letter nonetheless, and if the letter returns to you with an "unknown" stamp on it THEN you re-send it, this time writing the address properly?

Wonko

• pscEx likes this

#11 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Friendly Links are working again for me.

Thanks for fixing it :)

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Credits are due to Mikorist for solving the Apache issue. We are back in full speed for the moment.

#13 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Friends,

Just a quick warning that on the 25th of September it is expected some time of server not being available on the Internet.

The hosting company is upgrading their infrastructure and applying changes that should cause us to be temporarily offline. When the day is closer I will likely create a new topic to ensure that the most active members are aware of what will happen.

#14 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

No issue for me.

At that time I'm exploring a nice countrie's south by car. For those, who are curious: Nuno is coming from there.

Peter

• Brito likes this

#15 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Seems ok now, since few days ago couldn't get to 'direct linked topics' from google / at forums which now works (probably same time Wimb there posted his message as usual I am fashionably late).

• Brito likes this

#16 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

We are back in full speed for the moment.

in the true sense . :devil:
  • Brito likes this

#17 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Are we having, today, another, a different experience of speed?  :buehehe: