#76 rinchen

rinchen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

Thanks to Mr.Shirin zaban,
Since i have been surfing the net for geting informations about how to make a ghost xp that works on all computers,I got zero result for that!
I know this kind of project is quite easy for people who have high knowledge and expirience about computer and it is very difficult for those of us especially like me living on the top of the world Tibet.
Luckily i met Mr.Shirin zaban on the boot land and he is totally not annoyed with my questions and we became friends in a short time.

With his great instructions, finally i could make a ghost xp sp3 and tested on three pcs and it works perfectlly.
so i would like to say thank you very much for you and i wish you will be successfull whatever you do and wherever you go in your future.

Thanks agian

#77 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:44 AM

if you download spat6 from gostep.info, be very careful which one you get.

Scan Started Wed Apr 07 22:11:54 2010
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\Desktop\XP Ghost\Spat6.0.0beta2_gostep.info\SPAT6_Beta2.Exe: Trojan.Dropper-25545 FOUND
----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 754166
Engine version: 0.95.3
Scanned directories: 0
Scanned files: 1
Infected files: 1

Data scanned: 18.51 MB
Data read: 9.93 MB (ratio 1.86:1)
Time: 14.609 sec (0 m 14 s)
--------------------------------------
Completed
--------------------------------------

(scanned with clamwin)

Thanks Dohnut for information,but i am using AVG internet security
and I update that every day,and have no problem.

#78 Pdblues2231

Pdblues2231
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

I get error This version only good for deployment? and computer continues to reboot. Please help.

#79 rikimtasu

rikimtasu
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

SPAT 6.0.0 Beta 3 is Released:
Spoiler

Original Changelog plus the stuff,if anyone willing to translate:
Spoiler

Mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nyunwitgmdm

File: SPAT6_Beta3.Exe
CRC-32: 630d3574
MD4: 3f49408fbd87eb93304a040904d7f641
MD5: 970258b6fbfc348aac9a0977b251d885
SHA-1: 20ab2df318c0238d330002339902b5474387c40a

#80 Jarod5001

Jarod5001
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Tunisia

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

Couldn't make it work under french Xp. Though I used different SP2, SP3.
Seems to work only for english versions.

#81 guimenez

guimenez

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hi Shirin Zaban

i'm trying the spat6_beta3 but it gives me the error:
"The Windows is 0816 Win_XP, you can't use this tool to reaseal it.

i'm using Windows XP Home Edition (this is the version i need to sysprep)

thanks

#82 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

We could make a nice list of all the non-English versions that won't work with SPAT. :cheers:

:cheers:
Wonko

#83 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hi Shirin Zaban

thanks

Hi Dear quimenez

I could not download SPAT 6 beta3 yet.I do not know why i can not
get access to mediafire.com.
i tryied another link by gostep.ifo,but that link is blocked by my goverment.

So any time i can download version beta 3 i will test it. thanks for informing

shirin zaban

#84 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hi Shirin Zaban

thanks

Hi Dear quimenez
answer#2

I downloaded SPAT beta3,then i got Windows XP HOME sp2 VLK version from my friend and installed it in VMWare
then tested by SPAT beta 3 there was no error.

SO i can just say:

1.I find this program in web pages and because it was very interesting and useful tool for me,so i just intoduced that
and shared my exprement,sorry that i do not have complate information about this tool.

2.As seen from the posts (and messages to me),this tool just works by xp english and some unenglish versions.

3.In last few days i tried to find more information about this tool,but have found few and not important informations,but
any time i can understand more,surly i will inform in this page.

Thanks for your note,and sorry that i could not help.

shirin zaba

#85 proto18ro

proto18ro

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

tx you my friend for ur prompt answer! I have a last problem i post my problem here http://www.boot-land...t=20#entry96009 mabe u can help me with that! Tx a lot for your time and knolidge!

Hy again friend! i posted the details of my project http://www.boot-land...?...=8650&st=20
I expect your answer ! Best regards!

#86 guimenez

guimenez

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi Dear quimenez
answer#2

I downloaded SPAT beta3,then i got Windows XP HOME sp2 VLK version from my friend and installed it in VMWare
then tested by SPAT beta 3 there was no error.

SO i can just say:

1.I find this program in web pages and because it was very interesting and useful tool for me,so i just intoduced that
and shared my exprement,sorry that i do not have complate information about this tool.

2.As seen from the posts (and messages to me),this tool just works by xp english and some unenglish versions.

3.In last few days i tried to find more information about this tool,but have found few and not important informations,but
any time i can understand more,surly i will inform in this page.

Thanks for your note,and sorry that i could not help.

shirin zaba

Thanks

I will make some more tests

#87 Mopeto

Mopeto
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

Windows XP SP3 Spanish
"The windows is 0C0A Win_XP, you can´t use this tool to reseal it"

Trying to download Beta3 from mediafire mirror but it give me virus warnings with Avast 5.0.

It really have virus?

#88 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

Windows XP SP3 Spanish
"The windows is 0C0A Win_XP, you can´t use this tool to reseal it"

Trying to download Beta3 from mediafire mirror but it give me virus warnings with Avast 5.0.

It really have virus?

======================================
Dear Mopeto

I do not realy know what to say because :

1.Another user (Dohnut) in post#72 said that he scanned SPAT by
Clamwin and found "Trojan.Dropper-25545" on it.

2.I tested SPAT by AVG ,it does not see virus.

3.I tested by clamwin ,it sees "Trojan.Dropper-25545"

4.After searching ClamWin site information ,i saw a note that the
"Trojan.Dropper-25545" is known as another name by kaspersky.So i
checked the spat by kaspersky,there was no virus.

5.Jus clamwin knowes it virus and i do not know what to say.

shirin zaban

Edite#2:
Any way i am using this software and will use that

#89 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

if you download spat6 from gostep.info, be very careful which one you get.

Gee whiz. In my experience, the only software worth downloading is software you pay for from a reputable vendor or open source software that you can fully examine and build yourself. Everything else is garbage; much of it produced by the greedy or by the hacker who could contribute so much more. There are exceptions to this, of course, and it's just my experience I'm speaking about.

---------------------------------------------------------

;) The following post was originally made from Sha0 on 21.April . I screwed up a bit cleaning up. Sorry, MedEvil! ;)
Offtopic thread continues here by the way.

-----------------------------------------------

There's not a heck of a lot to "universal" images with XP/2003, but you do need some critical knowledge:
  • The right HAL
  • The right kernel
  • One or more boot-time drivers needed to support the storage underlying the boot volume
  • An HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet00X\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\ entry to associate needed boot-time device(s) with service(s). This is an alternative to the usual Device Manager or Add New Hardware wizard, which both require the system to be booted, thus performed before the image is captured
  • An HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet00X\Services\ entry with Start set to 0 to inform NTLDR to load the driver at boot-time
  • Any needed .SYS and .DLL files that the above-mentioned service(s) require, so NTLDR can load them all.

In fact, it is my understanding that this is mostly what SysPrep's MassStorageDevices section is for... It injects the above sub-points into the Registry before shut-down. If you already have the hardware installed, then you don't need to include device ID-to-driver association in SysPrep.

The above-mentioned information can be performed on a captured image ("offline") in order to allow the image to boot on the target platform. You can use RegEdit's File -> Load Hive... to load the \Windows\System32\Config\SYSTEM hive and gain access to such things as the CriticalDeviceDatabase. File -> Unload Hive, possibly copy the SYSTEM Registry hive back into the image, and that part is done.

Any non-boot-critical devices can be installed either via Mini-Setup (which people call "SysPrep" far too often, by the way) or via a batched or automated process. If you have networking available or some other available file repository for drivers, you needn't include non-boot-critical devices in your image.

To identify files needed by a driver, you can look in Device Manager, to the device's Properties..., on the Driver tab, in the Driver Files... Additionally, you often need to know which .INF file is used to install the device. You can find this by looking in the Registry, finding the device under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\, checking its Driver value, then looking under the corresponding key under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. You will often find an OEMXX.INF file staring back at you, for hardware not supported out-of-the-box by Windows' installation media. You can also determine the .INF file and other driver files by using DEVCON.EXE, I believe with its driverfiles option.

If your different hardware platforms require different HAL & kernel combinations, you could:
  • Include all combinations in BOOT.INI and have all files available in \Windows\System32\ and you will need to manually select the correct choice
  • Have a post re-imaging step which can access the freshly re-imaged filesystem and replace the HAL and kernel (NTFS users will need some kind of access, which is part of what makes a PE environment so popular for system deployment)

Populating an image with storage controller drivers and CriticalDeviceDatabase entries using somebody's online "latest, greatest" set of known hardware can be nice, but it will have to keep up with new hardware, and you will have to keep up with keeping your "universal" image up-to-date. Additionally, you also wind up with a lot of boot-start drivers and files in the \Windows\System32\Drivers\ directory, though some of them will not be used.

If the trojan-accused package in this thread's tutorial takes care of a lot of this business, I ask: Would the package's author be kind enough to provide their device ID-to-driver association database? For people who don't wish to risk getting a trojan, this might be handier for them. Obviously this is just asking out loud, since the package's author might not be a Boot-Land reader. Even a batch file to download needed files from online sources as well as populate the CriticalDeviceDatabase and needed Services might be nice.

How does SPAT know about future hardware that hasn't been developed yet? Is that hardware included in "image working on all computers?"

#90 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

@Sha0

Maybe you missed thet we already have Offline Sysprep that works quite well:
http://www.911cd.net...hp?showforum=43

From the introduction by it's Author, Galapo:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=22064

Use:

· For SysPrepping a Windows XP or 2003 32-bit partition that is hardware independent (yes, hardware independent!) while offline (yes, a non-booted Windows partition!)

· For SysPrepping a Windows XP or 2003 32-bit partition that is hardware independent while booted in Windows but with a partition/drive to sysprep attached and assigned a drive letter (ie a non-booted WinXP/2003 partition).

· You can use an unattended solution by locating sysprep.inf in the \userfiles\ directory of the OfflineSysPrep plugin or in the \userfiles\ folder of the Windows version.

:ranting2:
Wonko

#91 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

sha0

1.Thanks for very useful notes.

2.We are living in "TODAY" not tomorrow and we eat today's food not tomorrow's.
we are driving today's car not ...Tomorrow will have it's own laws,systems,
softwares and else.So lets talk about today.

3.By this nice informations that you know ,why do not you try to make a good
software to do the works you want? then share it by us to use?

4.I just used an easy and free software and tested that by more than 20 different
systems till now it worked OK and shared my exprements by users.
i don't know who made this software,i am not advertizing to get money for that
and i did not forced any one to use that.THE USER IS FREE to READ and Desid.

5.It would be very nice if you write another tutor and give right and UNDERSTANDABLE
informations to me and other users like me

shirin zaban

#92 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

Wonko the Sane: I'm familiar with Offline SysPrep. Thanks.

Shirin Zaban: In response to your points:

1. If the information is useful, that's great. The forums are for sharing, after all.

2. Thank you for your clarification. It seems that by "image working on all computers" you mean a majority of personal computers where SPAT and SkyDriver have incorporated support for those computers. If that's what you mean, I understand.

3. Sure, that's a goal. WinVBlock is partly geared towards that, since a RAM disk with the right HAL and kernel choice is a "universal" image, as far as booting on any PC hardware.

4. That's nice. If you don't know the author of SPAT, then it will remain magical how it works.

5. Sorry about not including "right" or "understandable" information, in your view.

By the way Shirin, thanks for your original tutorial. Any challenges I've mentioned are just plain information/opinions, offered for relevance to a universal image for deploying with Ghost, since that's such a popular goal.

#93 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

In fact, it is my understanding that this is mostly what SysPrep's MassStorageDevices section is for... It injects the above sub-points into the Registry before shut-down.

Yes, that's correct.

The above-mentioned information can be performed on a captured image ("offline") in order to allow the image to boot on the target platform.

The method outlined are indeed the steps needed to take. Actually, this is what OfflineSysPrep automates for the DriverPacks mass storage drivers. But note: a few drivers also require a PnpInterface entry.

Would the package's author be kind enough to provide their device ID-to-driver association database?

I can't speak for the tools used in this topic, but for OfflineSysPrep you can analyse the generated DriverPacks-MassStorage.txt file. Alternatively, if you want to use sysprep.exe to inject drivers and want a sysprep.inf with DriverPacks mass storage drivers, then you can use FindHWIDS from here: http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3018.

Regards,
Galapo.

#94 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

Offtopic thread continues here.

:ranting2:

#95 Mega_num

Mega_num

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Thanks a lot.This is really very useful tutorial

#96 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

i d like to know,where to get the tools which are located on picture 2B. PM me please,if its somehow warez. :)

#97 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

leshcat

In picture 2B,you see just 2 things:

1.Back ground picture that will be seen during mini setup.you should create your favorite picture for back ground and put it in sysprep folder as i told in tutor.and it will be used by SPAT.
the background that you see is the one that i have made.

2.The timer and games that you see are inside SPAT.you do not need to do any thing SPAT will automatically will add that to your back ground picture.

shirin zaban

#98 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

shirin zaban

Oops, i meant the other picture,where is the SPAT "interface" tab, and "Run In Deployment" bar - the programs there. Where to get it?

Btw, will SPAT work out if not to use the SkyDriver drivers?

#99 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

1.You can see other pictures if you run SPAT in drive C: (i mean you should run SPAT just in windows that
is installed on drive C:)

2.Yes ,SPAT can work without using sky driver, but you will need to install system drivers after restoring
ghost image.

shirin zaban

#100 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

1.You can see other pictures if you run SPAT in drive C: (i mean you should run SPAT just in windows that
is installed on drive C:)

2.Yes ,SPAT can work without using sky driver, but you will need to install system drivers after erstoring
ghost image.

shirin zaban

i guess,you misunderstood me, i want to aquire this tools , mentioned on my picture now :)

http://img404.images...1/capturekk.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users