#1 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Hi all,

Generated a LiveXP build using WB078SP6, but running most of my applications as portables.

One of those apps, Dr Web Cure It, an anti-virus/anti-malware solution, inevitably results in a blue screen of death - STOP: 0x00000024 (0xxx1902FE, 0xF586C8F0, 0xF586C5EC, 0x883877B6).
I can run the updater no problem, but once the scanning starts, I get the BSOD. I have tried with scripted versions and portables, but to no avail; it always generates a BSOD.

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,
Xander.

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:54 AM

we have REQUEST section to ask questions about application scripts or make a request, :whistling:
Boot Land > Groups > WinBuilder > App Scripts > Requests

And check Boot Land > Groups > WinBuilder > App Scripts first, you will find "DrWeb Anti-Virus" script written by well known author (aka king).

#3 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:BSD systems

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:58 AM

Latest Dr Web Cure It - is not compatible with FBWF

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

Just tested with WimBoot (2k3 driver) and v.5 fails during initial (system) scan with bsod as reported. This occurs even when running portable version on ntfs drive, too bad.

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

OK, adding *.exe /not_use_shield allows scanning w/out issue; I'll update portable and script tonight :whistling:

#6 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:BSD systems

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:13 AM

Has forgotten to add only when tries to scan a system disk - disk on which works LiveXP :whistling:

#7 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

we have REQUEST section to ask questions about application scripts or make a request, :whistling:
Boot Land > Groups > WinBuilder > App Scripts > Requests

Hi Lancelot,

Thanks for your warm welcome and sorry to have upset you. I was in the opinion that the App Scripts forum was meant for scripts and their discussion and that the Request subforum is there to request new App scripts. If not, than I was mislead by the official subheading explaining the role of the Request forum: 'Post here your requests for app scripts that you don't find anywhere else.' Since I had a question regarding an existing script, I posted in the App Scripts forum, not in the Requests.

And check Boot Land > Groups > WinBuilder > App Scripts first, you will find "DrWeb Anti-Virus" script written by well known author (aka king).

This is exactly what I did as you can read in my original post.

Have a nice and relaxing day,
Xander.

#8 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

OK, adding *.exe /not_use_shield allows scanning w/out issue; I'll update portable and script tonight :whistling:

Hi Amalux,

Looking forward very much to your updated script and portable. Sure enough, will be more than happy to do some testing. Will post back once that has been done.

Cheerio,
Xander.

#9 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi Xander123,

By only looking 10 seconds to App Scripts section, you should have notice :whistling: there is only script topics and questions asked about the scripts asked to its relevant topic. Either (better) you should ask your questions on the script topic that did not work for you, or you should make a request asking "I am looking for a working script for blabla, I found blablabla and tried blabla all not working"

To avoid future thingies, I strickly advice you to also read Forum Rules.

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

@Xander123,

Working on it now (too tired last night), I'll post updates as soon as ready :unsure:

@Lancelot,

Take it easy buddy, being a bit hard on the newcomers it seems (I thought that was Wonko's job :cheers: ), remember what it was like when you first found this forum? Lots of sections, lots of information to take in, easy to get confused on what section is which. A couple 'friendly reminders' up front seems in order and sufficient to get the point across. Takes people awhile to become a seasoned, boot-land professional like yourself :cheers:

:whistling:

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi amalux

I never forget my first times around :whistling: it is a princaple of my life (I guess psc and me start :cheers: in first 24 hours of my entrance, or say at most 1 week :unsure: ) Truely I learned this from jaclaz :cheers: (the most experienced admin i've ever know). He kicked my ass real hard (10x harder than what i did here) which made me wake up and understand I am in boot-land :cheers: and boot-land has its own rules that set up continuation of boot-land spirit. :cheers:

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

Xander,

New ppax here, give it a try :whistling:

you'll see a new pop-up, just hit OK
drwebr3ok.png
drwebr3joy.png
scans ramdisk, imdisk, usb etc. w/out issue.

New script version on way (total re-write)...

#13 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

Wow Amalux,

Thanks a million! I did run the portable app and it indeed runs like a dream...

New script version on way (total re-write)...

Just my two cents: is a script -especially if that means a total rewrite- really necessary if the scripted program is already available as a portable application? In your tutorial you do make a valid and strong case for running as much as possible as portables. For sure, I am an aficinado of the ease of use and flexibility of portables in LiveXP.

All the best,
Xander.

PS: One silly remark: if I ran the Dr Web Cure It portable via Runscanner, I got the 'original' BSOD again.

#14 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Just my two cents: is a script -especially if that means a total rewrite- really necessary if the scripted program is already available as a portable application? In your tutorial you do make a valid and strong case for running as much as possible as portables. For sure, I am an aficinado of the ease of use and flexibility of portables in LiveXP.

Yes but, sadly, not everyone understands this and I can see situations where having certain programs 'on board' is important. It raises a question which affects more than this particular script, should I have programs like this (requiring frequent updates and taking large chunks of memory for download/extraction) run in system RAM (requires 30-60MB added to boot image) or run in IMDisk (obviously requires IMDisk of 60MB+) or somewhere else, hdd etc.? I'm leaning toward IMDisk but would be open to suggestions.

PS: One silly remark: if I ran the Dr Web Cure It portable via Runscanner, I got the 'original' BSOD again.

Actually, it works fine but has no advantage with this type of program.
2010_03_08_085656.png

Re your other suggestion (PM) to setup Malwarebytes (script or portable), I've tried and get stuck at Error code: 718 (-2146893799), not sure why I would get that error but will look into it again when I get a chance B)

#15 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the screenshot of the runscanner version; may come in handy for future reference (programs other than Dr Web)

Re your other suggestion (PM) to setup Malwarebytes (script or portable), I've tried and get stuck at Error code: 718 (-2146893799), not sure why I would get that error but will look into it again when I get a chance :ranting2:

I am eagerly looking forward to a working LiveXP Malware bytes' Anti-malware solution (script or portable) :ranting2: Should you manage, would it be better to start up a new thread, as to not get things mixed up (may be easier for future searches)?

Thanks again,
Xander.

#16 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

would it be better to start up a new thread, as to not get things mixed up (may be easier for future searches)?

Sure, hopefully someone knows about this error I'm getting and can give some advice; everything else is ready to go :ranting2:

:ranting2:

#17 Xander123

Xander123

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Sure, hopefully someone knows about this error I'm getting and can give some advice; everything else is ready to go :ranting2:

OK Amalux and all the other Bootlanders,

New thread is started here.

#18 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

It would be quite useful having a current Dr.Web CureIt! script working for Win7PESE here.
Or do you prefer a different tool (that is able to scan a PE's host system)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users