DrivePirate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

I created this a while ago, it is compatible with a .NET framework 3.5 so it would work on most peoples machines. I'm not sure if i've got the startup function working properly, but the rest of the functions work to the best of my knowledge. Thought i'd share it and see if I can't get any opinions about it, and/or suggestions to improve it further.

Posted Image

•Save All drive/device information to a text file in an organized format for the current view
  • Exports go to a folder to keep organized, and if an export already exists it will append a file number to the .txt file in order to keep previous exports.
•Start on boot/startup
•Auto-detect new device plugin and removal

Download:
http://www.mediafire...o4ssio8wwdxyq5d

Edited by AceInfinity, 05 July 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#2 Dynthor

Dynthor

• Validating
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

What exactly does it pirate or do for that matter?

#3 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

nvalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.

Click here to view our help resources

#4 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:02 AM

For anyone asking, here was a little earlier preview of this exact application:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRT8b1V3MOI

@vigipirate: You've posted the exact same thing both on this thread, and in my PM. I know what the error looks like lol :) If you wanted the download link, all you had to do was ask.

This application DOES in fact intercept specific system/Windows messages for removable/inserted media, and will call the refresh() function when it senses a new removable drive being loaded upon both insertion and removal of things like USB's and External hard drives.

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

If you wanted the download link, all you had to do was ask.

Let me clear this thing: I (personally) DO NOT want the download link for your little app, but it would be nice if you would provide one for the people interested.
WHAT is the sense of posting/announcing a nice, little[1], app that you want to share and then not fixing a broken link? :w00t:

You could use the newish Boarad Downloads section, as to not use medifire or similar that are usually good only for "temporary" dowloads or for "very popular" ones, after some time with no downloads these services tend to delete files.

So, please, vcan you provide a working download link?

:cheers:
Wonko

Note:
[1] Obviously "little" is deceiving :whistling:, being .Net based a whole lot of bloat needs to be present on the system you wish to run the app. :ph34r:

#6 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Yeah, I know I could upload it to the site and keep it stored here, but personally I think it's just about as useful as having a secondary explorer.exe with somewhat of a drive information view. But still not very useful, it was a project that I wanted to create for a while, but it ended up becoming something different than what I had envisioned at the time I started this.

I actually just wish this thread was closed or deleted lol. I don't think this particular application is too useful, it turned out as more of an experiment in the end.

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi Ace,

As developer, you can close threads as well. Look on the link "Show Moderation tools" and then do as you see fit.

I am closing this topic as requested.

:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users