wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2022 - 09:15 AM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-38 -  pw=bootwimb   for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

Download:  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso  (best)    Or  Win11_English_x64v1.iso  Or  Win11_English_x64.iso  (better than 11v1)

- Added - Version EXTRA to make PE_19041_US_X.wim - Test Version for Bluetooth and Printer support in cooperation with noel (not ready, under construction ....)
- Updated TK_10_SYSTEM_CS1_PRT.reg and TK_10_SYSTEM_CS1_BTH.reg for EXTRA Version derived from Installed Win10_2004 where Printer and Bluetooth are working
- Update Add_Registry_10_EXTRA.txt to Select what Registry files of Add_Registry folder are Added to the Build
- Added TK_10_SOFTWARE_PRT.reg made from reg files given by noel
- Update Add_Install_10_EXTRA.txt with Files given by noel
- Added Add_10_EXTRA folder for final manipulation of EXTRA Version e.g. to Add Registry Hives and to Start Services with Pecmd.ini CALL PrtInit Section
- Changed - In program flow now Adding Drivers comes just before Adding Registry instead of after
- Index 6 is used for Windows 10 Pro v20H1 Source instead of Index1 for Home as used in previous Make_WinPE versions

• alacran likes this

#152 rhinomax

rhinomax
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 14 March 2022 - 12:06 PM

hi,wimb

when i first to make_winpe, i get a error ,how to resolve the code = 18

my english is poor, i hope you can understand me.

Snipaste_2022-03-14_20-00-55.jpg

#153 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2022 - 12:51 PM

@rhinomax

Did you use Download:  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso as Source ?

#154 rhinomax

rhinomax
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 15 March 2022 - 12:23 AM

@wimb
i don't used   Win10_2004_English_x64.iso as Source , in another word, you point must only used Win10_2004_English_x64.iso as Source, it 's  the different version of the windows to make the wrong?

late i will try  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso,  thans.

#155 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2022 - 02:08 PM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-41 -  pw=bootwimb   for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

Download:  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso  (best)    Or  Win11_English_x64v1.iso  Or  Win11_English_x64.iso  (better than 11v1)

Version 40

- PowerRun and MSPaint working in all versions
- PE_19041_US_L.wim - Switch Theme Black / White
- Cleanup of File_List files - Sorting and Removal of Double Entries
- MEDIUM = SMALL + SysWOW64 and LARGE = MEDIUM + Explorer Shell
- All PE Win11 - Added Catalog files for signing of WiFi drivers
- All PE Win11 - Improvement in Install of Monitor and WiFi Drivers
- PE_Tools.zip Updated with WinNTSetup_v523 modified for MinWin Medium Profile

Version 41
- Added SnippingTool in Accessories Menu of LARGE Versions
- improvements in Pecmd.ini files e.g. VersionTabXP64.dll
- Added \Windows\INF\netvwifibus.inf to File_List files
- Added "Re Make" Button - Allows to Re-Make PE WIM File After Update of Mount folder e.g. After synchronize with other folder

Make_WinPE_2022-03-30_161237.jpg

• alacran and devdevadev like this

#156 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:19 PM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-42 -  pw=bootwimb   for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

Our WinPE is working together with Portable Apps on Drive Y: identified by finding tagfile Drive.y e.g. located on USB NTFS partition of Portable SSD
In case the tagfile Drive.y is Not found, then Booting WinPE takes a long time. Also Not everybody wants to use this LetterSwap function to Set Drive Y:

In order to avoid long boot time and make a WinPE that also can work fine without using Drive Y: I took the following measures:

- Added ScreenShot and PowerRun (including Explorer++ and Context_menus) to PE_Tools
- Removed notepad++ from PE_Tools - notepad++ is available in Y:\Portables\notepad++\x64
- Instead of autolaunch of LetterSwap.exe by Pecmd.exe we have now option to use Set Drive-Y Icon on desktop that will launch X:\Windows\System32\LetterSwap_Y.cmd
- 13 Desktop Links Icons referring mostly to programs on Drive Y are removed from Desktop - In fact these Shorcuts are the same as the buttons of PE_Tools and of System_Info
  the Desktop Links have been moved to Portables_Links_Extra.7z and can be still added by anyone liking more the old approach
- PE_Tools and System_Info and PStart can be located on any Drive and we are Not confined to Drive Y:

I think the present approach is more flexible and will be more handy for the average general user

Attached File  PE_sshot-002.jpg   133.44KB   0 downloads

• alacran and doberman like this

#157 vigipirate

vigipirate

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 05 April 2022 - 05:11 PM

demo video svp

#158 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 13 April 2022 - 09:55 AM

Update PE_Tools

Attached File  PE_Tools_2022-04-13_115227.jpg   50.01KB   1 downloads

• alacran likes this

#159 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2022 - 06:02 AM

POPULAR

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-43 -  pw=bootwimb   for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

Download:  using Windows-ISO-Downloader.exe

- Added EXTRA Version PE_19041_US_X.wim  with Printer + Scanner support - Credits and Thanks to noel   :smart:   :magic: 
- Rebuild of WinSxS is Fixed so that other English ISO versions can be used - tested for 19041 versions 2004  and  20H2_v2  21H1 21H2
- Added - Fix SideBySide\Winners Registry to prevent SideBySide Error in case of 32-bits  apps for  ISO  versions   20H2_v2  21H1 21H2
- Add your non-MS Driver folders to Make_WinPE_Trusted-43\Make_WinPE\Add_Drivers\10_x64

Make_WinPE_2022-05-02_073122.jpg == Make_WinPE_2022-05-02_073405.jpg == Drivers_2022-05-02_080451.jpg == sshot-2022-05-02-07-44-14.jpg

• alacran, ericgl and antonino61 like this

#160 rhinomax

rhinomax
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 06 May 2022 - 10:17 AM

Thanks wimb,today i make winpe  with MEDIUM size and i was success。however,many chinese app is garbled。 i  want to konow,  when you can update to support chinese winpe?

#161 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2022 - 12:15 PM

Thanks wimb,today i make winpe  with MEDIUM size and i was success。however,many chinese app is garbled。 i  want to konow,  when you can update to support chinese winpe?

Thanks for testing and good to know that you can use it.

Language Versions might come later this year (after september)

In any case you can change already Keyboard Layout - use app on Desktop with selection 02 or 03 for Chinese Keyboard

You can also see if Uncheck Remove Folders and Remove Files can be helpful.

What Chinese Apps give problem ? Give App Links and Screenshots of Error so that I can test.

I think the supplied  PE_Tools collection of Apps e.g. BOOTICE and WinNTSetup will work already for you.

Copy PE_Tools.zip and Drive.y to Root of any Drive e.g. USB Drive with Portable Tools Use 7-zip R-mouse Menu to Extract here

to get PE_Tools folder with Portable PE Tools e.g. WinNTSetup and BOOTICE

Reboot and Select WinPE-WIM in Windows EFI or Boot Manager Menu

On Desktop click on Run_PE_Tools to get Menu with Portable PE Tools e.g. WinNTSetup and BOOTICE

#162 rhinomax

rhinomax
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 May 2022 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for testing and good to know that you can use it.

Language Versions might come later this year (after september)

In any case you can change already Keyboard Layout - use app on Desktop with selection 02 or 03 for Chinese Keyboard

You can also see if Uncheck Remove Folders and Remove Files can be helpful.

What Chinese Apps give problem ? Give App Links and Screenshots of Error so that I can test.

I think the supplied  PE_Tools collection of Apps e.g. BOOTICE and WinNTSetup will work already for you.

Thanks wimb again. i mean pe is't support chinese app.  the menu  is garbled.
attachment.php?attachmentid=951503&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=951504&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=951502&stc=1

Edited by rhinomax, 08 May 2022 - 01:18 PM.

#163 Alex Defo

Alex Defo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 08 May 2022 - 08:47 PM

Hello! Wimb win10_2004_russian_x64.iso, will it work or is the English version required?

#164 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2022 - 06:04 AM

Hello! Wimb win10_2004_russian_x64.iso, will it work or is the English version required?

English version is required

#165 Alex Defo

Alex Defo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 09 May 2022 - 10:51 AM

Hello Wimb!

With point 5 there are difficulties, write what to do next? Where do PE_19041_us.wim come from?

#166 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:07 AM

Hello Wimb!

With point 5 there are difficulties, write what to do next? Where do PE_19041_us.wim come from?

PE_19041_US_M.wim or PE_19041_US_L.wim (Letter S M L X denotes the Version) is made in Step 6 in folder Build_PE.

5. Option to make BCD EFI and Boot Manager Menu entries to Boot with the created PE_19041_US.wim  Or  PE_22000_US.wim file

Select Boot Drive and WinPE drive e.g. the Drive where PE WIM file is Copied to WinPE Folder (Default)
6. Select Make PE button and Create in 1 minute PE WIM file in folder Build_PE
   For Boot Option PE WIM file is Copied from Build_PE to WinPE folder on WinPE Drive

Make_WinPE_2022-05-02_073122.jpg == Make_WinPE_2022-05-02_073405.jpg

#167 Alex Defo

Alex Defo
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:55 AM

:lol:  I misunderstood! Wimb respect :cheers:

#168 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2022 - 05:39 AM

Update Download:  Make_WinPE_Trusted-44 -  pw=bootwimb   for Windows 10/11 x64 OS 

Download:  using Windows-ISO-Downloader.exe

- Added 3 Drivers 10x64 - essential for modern laptops and not available in ISO DriverStore 
  Support for Intel Rapid Storage Technology VMD driver iaStorVD.sys - NVME SSD Disks
  Support Intel Wi-Fi 6 Internet and Intel Thunderbolt Controller USB
- Default is LARGE Version - PE_19041_US_L.wim Size = 657 MB - best universal PE for Desktops and Laptops
- LARGE Version uses DRIVERS Hive and all \Windows\INF\*.inf files from install.wim so that MS DriverStore Drivers are installed already
- Delete "MinimizeFootprint" limitation imposed by WinRE in SOFTWARE Setup Key - Removal is essential for more Driver Support
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]

WinPE_2022-05-14_120603.jpg

• Tokener and alacran like this

#169 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2022 - 04:30 PM

Thanks wimb again. i mean pe is't support chinese app.  the menu  is garbled.
attachment.php?attachmentid=951503&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=951504&stc=1
attachment.php?attachmentid=951502&stc=1

Cannot open your attachment Links - Please Upload somewhere else ....

#170 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 June 2022 - 07:43 AM

Just wanted to say that the other day I needed a "quick" WinPE for a Windows 10 (sigh! :( ) UEFI ONLY (sigh! :( ) system and used Make_WinPE_Trusted-44 to create it on a stick and it worked beautifully.

Very good work  :thumbup:  and thanks for having made it :).

:cheers:

Wonko

• wimb and antonino61 like this

#171 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 02 June 2022 - 05:15 AM

Just wanted to say that the other day I needed a "quick" WinPE for a Windows 10 (sigh! :( ) UEFI ONLY (sigh! :( ) system and used Make_WinPE_Trusted-44 to create it on a stick and it worked beautifully.

Very good work  :thumbup:  and thanks for having made it :).

:cheers:

Wonko

Good to hear that you have used Make_WinPE_Trusted-44 and have made the WinPE that you needed  :)

#172 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

Hi Wimb I am new to this project and have not followed the development, so sorry for the silly Q's...

I just tried your Make_WinPE_Trusted-44 with suggested Win10 English x64 ISO and built the large .wim file.

I then added the .wim file to and E2B USB drive and \Drive.y and expanded PE_tools.zip.

I can boot OK on E2B legacy menu directly from .wim and UEFI64 via agFM.

Under VBOX the Desktop loads (but extremely high res on uefi boot and so cannot use under VBOX)

Can you explain about drive Y please.

There was no Y: drive on boot to Desktop. Is it supposed to automount a folder on boot?

If I click on Desktop Set Drive-Y then USb drive is now drive Y: instead of as C:.Is the Drive.y file supposed to be in the root (it seems to also be in the PE_Tools folder on the USb drive?)

Are we supposed to add Portable Apps and PStart etc. to the USb drive?

If so to what folder? Why do we need to have a drive Y: ?

P.S. Run_System_Info_x64.exe does not run - says 'System_info/System_Info_x64.exe not found on any drive'.

Edited by steve6375, 02 June 2022 - 09:07 PM.

• antonino61 likes this

#173 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 June 2022 - 09:39 PM

@ steve6375

Can you explain about drive Y please.

There was no Y: drive on boot to Desktop. Is it supposed to automount a folder on boot?

If I click on Desktop Set Drive-Y then USb drive is now drive Y: instead of as C:.Is the Drive.y file supposed to be in the root (it seems to also be in the PE_Tools folder on the USb drive?)

Are we supposed to add Portable Apps and PStart etc. to the USb drive?

If so to what folder? Why do we need to have a drive Y: ?

Since use Drive Y in VHD_WIMBOOT_Trusted and latter on Make_WinPE_Trusted is my idea since the begining, I think it is a good idea that I comment to you how I use it.

It is based on Drive Y created by Win10XPE when you put CDUsb.y tag file in a partition root, but here we use Drive.y tag file. Both tag files can be added simultaneously on same drive root, and do not interfere with each other.

It is an optional feature used to put there our collection of portables, and be able to have pre-made links on destop to run them directly, or also by means of Pstart, and/or LaunchBar, also very useful to use the SendTo right click context menu option when selecting a file, as an example to mount a VHD by means of VhdManager, send a *.wim file to Wimlib-clc or a menu.lst or other config files to Notepad++ portable for easy edition (it presents the info to the user in a very clear and readable format even if it was made in a Linux format), also its compare plugin is very good to compare files.

It is usually an additional partition located on the very end of internal drive and/or the USB drive, (but you can put it wherever you want), where you have to put the Drive.y tag file that is used to find it in order to change it's drive letter to Y: by means of a command file.

Additionally it is very useful if you want to run the portable versions of CCleaner, FireFox or VLC media player, that have pre-made registry enties pointing to a path in Y: drive made by Make_WinPE_Trusted or VHD_WIMBOOT_Trusted

Usually all folders in my drive Y: (NTFS formated) are compact LZX compressed to save space, by means of WOF_Compress by wimb

alacran

#174 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:55 PM

Forgot to comment LibreOfficePortable is also located on my Drive Y, currently many programs of my portables collection are included in PE_Tools and System_Info programs by wimb.

alacran

#175 ericgl

ericgl

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 340 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:08 AM

steve6375,

As alacran mentioned, most projects use a tag file (cdusb.yDrive.y) to identify the USB boot drive and give it the letter Y.

You should also have a "Programs" folder on the USB drive, and put all your portable apps in it.

Most projects use PECMD for loading WinPE.

There's a PECMD.ini file located in \Windows\System32 and in it you can modify the paths of the portable apps so the shortcuts on the desktop and Start Menu will be correct.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winpe, wimlib, winntsetup, wim

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users