#1 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

... and this community is not the place to host them.

Sure, this is matter to be taken to the Fight Club, but we cannot talk about it (Rules #1 AND #2) :w00t:
Come on .... :)

@peter

A serious developer accepts critics as improvement for his work.

You must be unaware of the recent (at least 10.000 years ago) developments on weapons, just in case:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang

:cheers:
Wonko

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

My dear friend,

As in all matters, there is more than what shines on the surface that guides public writings/actions, bringing to my memory the Firenze from the 15th century as described by Machiawonko. :ermm:

If no actions would be taken, would we be better off?

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

My dear friend,

As in all matters, there is more than what shines on the surface that guides public writings/actions, bringing to my memory the Firenze from the 15th century as described by Machiawonko. :ermm:

If no actions would be taken, would we be better off?

Naaah, it's not at all about actions taken, that should have been taken or that should not have been taken, any action - even the ones that reveal themselves as "wrong" eventually, if taken when an action is needed, are good. (or if you prefer "no action" is always bad)

I was talking of communicating, if you prefer talking, or if needed, as said, fighting, but at the end solve the problems.

I cannot believe that a bunch of intelligent people (as I personally consider all the involved peeps) cannot - while still keeping their own ideas and opinions - find a way to co-live (virtually) on a technical board.

It is not sports (I mean like it may be for some Europeans football/soccer), or other "spiky" topic, it is all about a set of computer instructions assembled in a given order, come on.... (and still many people find a way to go ahead while supporting different teams).

Now, if it was myself, with my dinosaurish mentality and my natural resistance to change things that work and worked in a given way since the dawn of time, I would understand the difficulties in adapting to new approaches, but you?

You are the one that has always been open to new ideas, willing (and capable) to start again from zero on a number of things.

Don't you feel like it could be possible to §@ç#ing set aside nonsense (it is past) and start again on new grounds?

Of course this will have a cost (time, patience, sweat and blood :w00t:) but the alternative (to peace, even if the peace calls for a few compromises) is not, as we have seen, war (and war is not a single battle), it is guerrilla.

You can fight a war (no matter if you lose it or win it) but you cannot live with guerrilla over the years, it is simply an exhausting, never-ending PITA.

Wonko

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

I fully subscribe to your opinion. However, the last part from your writing also brings up a sad fact:

You can fight a war (no matter if you lose it or win it) but you cannot live with guerrilla over the years, it is simply an exhausting, never-ending PITA

This will continue to be a recurring issue as long as reboot holds such a relevant position on this field.

In the end of the day, I choose to devote my energy to help those who contribute to our community than worrying about those who once were supported by the community and now see us (or me) as an obstacle to their individual success.

Spoiler

• doberman likes this

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well, the Irish seemingly made it (and those were SERIOUS matters :ph34r:).

http://en.wikipedia....d_peace_process

Up until the 26 March this year, Ian Paisley and I never had a conversation about anything – not even about the weather – and now we have worked very closely together over the last seven months and there's been no angry words between us. ... This shows we are set for a new course.

It is always possible to .... reboot! ;)

And now, for no apparent reason :w00t: :
Spoiler

Wonko

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hi Wonko,

It would seem that your timely advice wasn't heeded!

Far from just locking or deleting the topic, Nuno decided to suspend ChrisR's account until 27 December.

Another developer bites the dust...

Regards,
Galapo.

Ps. You can get a laugh from the following topic: http://TheOven.org/index.php?topic=332.0

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ps. You can get a laugh from the following topic: http://TheOven.org/index.php?topic=332.0

Unfortunately there is nothing to laugh about, it is exactly this kind of threads/posts that saddens me. :(

As you of course well know this is a S.E.P. for me, still it saddens me to see nice, intelligent people, even the youngest of which should by now well be mature, behaving like kids, and worse than that, behaving like stupid kids.

Libel wars might have been a new, exciting thing in the 18th century, after more than 200 (two hundred) years it should be self-evident how they only represent a way to increase entropy.

You all (NO exception - and I mean NO exception, on both sides of the senseles wall you built) are very good at projecting an image of yourselves so negative and so far from reality (or at least so far from what I know of you) that it is depressing. :frusty:

Time to do something else, possibly more productive, even this attempt has proven to be the nth failed one, I've rarely seen such a bunch of people so stubborn and determined to break Rule #12 and hence live a miserable life (and contribute to sadden other people's ones :ph34r:)

Spoiler

Wonko

#8 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

That's the biggest problem on the internet. One can't slap some sense into people, who need it.

Very disappointing this development.

#9 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

I didn't see what this was about entirely, it's hard to follow without reference, but this is among many things that i've seen on forums. It's unavoidable, it happens. :) Biggest result of an over-exaggerated drama that happens as a result is driven by human nature to assume more than the known. Since when do we ever assume the best in something over the worst? And that's when things really start to break apart, because you can't analyze much, just by based on what you read over the internet. There's no tone, body language, nothing :)

Because I understand this though, I can see through that fog, and realize that this is a good community, including the people within it :)

~Ace

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Because I understand this though, I can see through that fog, and realize that this is a good community, including the people within it :)

...actually the idea was revolving around the fact I also include the people currently outside it among the "good guys"... :whistling:

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users