#1 KenshinKiba

KenshinKiba
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hi, I'm new and I hardly speak English

Is there any way to change a menu picture in XBoot?

#2 antoine

antoine

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yes. After you've created your multiboot image; extract it into a new folder. Now, go into the folder /boot/syslinux. There's a file entitled "theme.cfg", open it in a text editor and you'll see "menu background /boot/syslinux/xboot.jpg". This points to the background image. So, if you want, you can change the name. The file "xboot.jpg" is the current background. Make sure your new background has the same specifications as that file (e.g. resolution should be 640x480). Then insert that image into /boot/syslinux all the while making sure theme.cfg points to it correctly.

Once you've done your modification; you'll need to rebuild your image. Download ImgBurn if you don't have it already. From ImgBurn, go to Mode > Build. Where is says "source", browse for the root folder. Make sure it's set to be the root folder of the disc once added. Then select the "Options" tab, set data type to MODE1/2048 and the file system to "ISO9660 + Joliet". Check "Recursive Subdirectories", "Include Hidden Files", and "Include System Files". On the labels tab, set the ISO9660 and Joliet to whatever you want; try to keep them similar though. Now, on the Advanced tab: select the sub-tab "Bootable Disc". Check "Make Image Bootable", set emulation to None, the boot image to /boot/syslinux/isolinux.bin, load segment to 07C0, sectors to load: 4, and check "Patch Boot Information Table". Now, under the sub-tab "Restrictions": make sure ISO9660 and Joliet are both set to Level 1. Now build the image and test it in QEMU.

Edited by antoine, 21 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#3 antoine

antoine

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I've tested this, but with some issues. First thing I noticed; the image returned black if not named xboot.iso (regardless of configuration). Second thing is; when do get your image to work (which must be sRGB color space, 72dpi, 24bit depth, and 640x480) then the menu listings load to a command line. Haven't yet figured this out.

#4 f1047in9.point

f1047in9.point
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

@antoine does the developer have any suggestions?..........could you ask him please

#5 f1047in9.point

f1047in9.point
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

but atleast you tried.................... :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users