• Team Reboot
  • 197 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

So, here it is. Get it fast: https://insider.windows.com/

Some pre facts:

Privacy:

Microsoft will collect data about your installation and use of Windows Technical Preview to help us improve our products and services. See our privacy statement to learn more.

Automatic updates
Windows Update will be set to automatically install important updates as they become available. You won’t be able to turn off automatic updates in Windows Technical Preview.

Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.

Also, if your PC runs into problems, Microsoft will likely examine your system files. If the privacy of your system files is a concern, consider using a different PC. For more info, read our privacy statement.

We're not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think BIOS is a new plant-based fuel, Tech Preview may not be right for you.

What about UEFI? :lol:

IMPORTANT

System requirements

Basically, if your PC can run Windows 8.1, you’re good to go. If you're not sure, don't worry—Windows will check your system to make sure it can install the preview.

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Free hard disk space: 16 GB

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

• A Microsoft account and Internet access

Important notes
  • Some PC processors and hardware configurations aren’t supported by Technical Preview.

• To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an Internet connection, a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768, and a Microsoft account.

• After you install the preview, you won't be able to play DVDs using Windows Media Player.

• If you have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and you install the preview, Windows Media Center will be removed.

• The preview won’t work on Windows RT 8.1 and Windows N editions.

• The preview is not available for Windows Phone.

• A small number of older, 64-bit CPUs might be blocked from installing the preview.

• If you're running Windows 7 without SP1, you can only upgrade to the preview by downloading an ISO file. If you install Windows 7 SP1, you can upgrade to the preview by using Windows Update or by downloading an ISO file.

Languages

Technical Preview is available in English, Chinese Simplified, and Brazilian Portuguese.

Notes
    • If you're running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 and your system language isn't English, Chinese Simplified, or Brazilian Portuguese, you can only keep your personal files when you upgrade. You won't be able to keep your apps or Windows settings.

• If you're running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 and have installed a language pack or a language interface pack (LIP), they'll be removed when you install Technical Preview.

Technical Preview expires on April 15, 2015

If you’re running Technical Preview, we'll send you notifications beginning on April 1, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your PC to a newer version.

• Brito likes this

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Technical Preview expires on April 15, 2015

If you’re running Technical Preview, we'll send you notifications beginning on April 1, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your PC to a newer version.

I would have chosen another date to start sending notifications. :whistling:

:duff:

Wonko

• Brito and milindsmart like this

#3 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

i have installed it and found that 
chkdsk.exe countdown then up ;']...
when chkdsk is doing stage 1 then the time is going down...stage 2 the timer counts up 
i found that using /f /v /x /sdcleanup parameters with a console during install , did not tried others settings yet .
i also found that i was not able to register filters of powerdvd 14 , i am used to do it so i can watch tv dvb using pouchintv . with win 7 or 8.1 filters register but not with 10 ; i tried both regsvr32 in 32 and 64 system .
lav filters are well working and i can watch tv ;']

for the rest , windows updates seems to have a lot of drivers for hardware 
the os is not a revolution aka a win 8.2

Edited by sixcentgeorge, 02 October 2014 - 07:31 PM.

• Brito likes this

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

I would have chosen another date to start sending notifications.

:rofl:

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Out of curiosity, which is the Major/Minor OS version?

I mean, if it is really 6.4 :

http://en.wikipedia....indows_versions

maybe, set apart all the fuzz, they are giving us "8.2" and not "10", or, more likely, Vista SP4 :whistling:

... Windows 10, the increasingly inaccurately numbered OS....

Wonko

#6 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

6.2. The version API is deprecated.

#7 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Only API supported is the if API - VerifyVersionInfo. Old Version API's return whatever your application manifest says. If you examine the kernel version its 6.4.9841.

#8 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

Same is also true of windows 8.1 update - console apps compiled with vs2013 return 6.2 for the version. Only safe way is to look at system file versions.

#9 Tonyrizman

Tonyrizman

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

I’m sorry to post here but I can’t find my way around, and this is the only current talk I could find.

Can someone point me in the wright direction?

I am new to winbuilder and am finding it hard to get things working and now I am getting a message

“Not all servers were correctly accessed”

Please excuse my ignorance for I have a learning disability

Thanking you in advance

Tony

#10 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

I’m sorry to post here but I can’t find my way around, and this is the only current talk I could find.

Can someone point me in the wright direction?

I am new to winbuilder and am finding it hard to get things working and now I am getting a message

“Not all servers were correctly accessed”

Please excuse my ignorance for I have a learning disability

Thanking you in advance

Tony

http://winbuilder.net/

IT is very old ...may be you want the new ntlite tool that is made by xplite creator . he updated it to support win10th
http://www.ntlite.com/

Edited by sixcentgeorge, 05 October 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#11 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

The 2 best supported original winbuilder projects are win8pese and win7pese. Unfortunately support for these two projects is not on this forum.

The new java based command line version of winbuilder linked to above is still under development and only supports one project at this time.

Script format is totally different from the original winbuilder scripts so most of us prefer the original winbuilder.

#12 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

Script format is totally different from the original winbuilder scripts so most of us prefer the original winbuilder.

UNexpectedly :w00t:, you could have had a career in diplomacy. :)

Wonko

#13 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Location:vasodilator madness .....hydrocephalus ...........hose your mind thx ............. Dr Struck off ... .......... Bedsforhire
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hi guys is this allowable here?

32 bit : http://www.chip.de/d...t_73018629.html
64 bit: http://www.chip.de/d...t_72189999.html

The installation key:
Product Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-GBC3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

Just push “Zum Download” in the next page “Download Server Chip Online”. You receive always the English version ;-)

THEN:

Start the “AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro Edition 5.5?, a GiveAway which you should have already installed.

Pre: Connect a fast USB Devive, which can be formatted, 16 GB – either stick or USB drive.

1) Mount the installation ISO
2) Start in the AOMEI program the “windows to go creator” assistant
3) point as installation file to the INSTALL.WIM of the mounted ISO
4) Start and wait some minutes …

Boot the USB device and finish the installation. READY!
And now : BACKUP IMMEDIATELY THE FRESH INSTALLED SYSTEM with your favorite backup program.

but I am sure a Mod would do the honors .....if needed

I ca'nt remember the source; but it was from a "giveaway" site  (gulp!)

might help some folks!

#14 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Most of us prefer not to learn a new script language, because they prefer and are familar with waiting several minutes for one build.
This simple Win7PE:
Attached File  Simple_win7pe.gif   51.24KB   1 downloads
is made in remarkably less then two minutes:
Spoiler

Peter

#15 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

bartpe and others pe , were cool because they were using a cdrom : fast in creation and starting / using .

win7 leads to a dvdrom or usbkey of 8 Go....so thats very slow ...

by now the thing is a vhd loaded in ram ;']

#16 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Most of us prefer not to learn a new script language, because they prefer and are familar with waiting several minutes for one build.
This simple Win7PE:

is made in remarkably less then two minutes:

And it can be done on your Android Phone, too. :thumbsup:

An exceptional convenience, and a good replacement for Candy Crush Saga, as you do not actually lose a life if you make a wrong move.

Wonko

#17 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:K-Mart-ian Legend
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

florin91, on 02 Oct 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:
System requirements

A Microsoft account and Internet access

Well if you install it without internet access you don't have to make a Microsoft account. They should put this under the Recommended Specs list instead.
  • pscEx likes this

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

And it can be done on your Android Phone, too

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years from the date of this post it is the only tool capable of creating a Windows PE on newer Windows versions.

As it is, the tool is perfectly independent from the host platform. Yep, it can run on Android but lest not forget it will run anywhere where desktop Java is enabled. This means Linux, Mac OS and Windows version 6, 7, 8, 10, 13 and 26 (both ARM and Intel editions on x64 and x128 architectures).

#19 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

As it is, the tool is perfectly independent from the host platform. Yep, it can run on Android but lest not forget it will run anywhere where desktop Java is enabled. This means Linux, Mac OS and Windows version 6, 7, 8, 10, 13 and 26 (both ARM and Intel editions on x64 and x128 architectures).

Which is another big time saver :thumbsup:, you are booted into (say) Linux, and you can build a PE without rebooting to a Windows NT OS.
You can have a simple Win7PE (something that you don't really-really want, as you already have one, and you already built the same one some 427 times already) anywhere, at any time, and in a very short time.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years from the date of this post it is the only tool capable of creating a Windows PE on newer Windows versions.

Sure :), what I personally would be surprised would be if these two years will be enough to have some more projects to play with :unsure: (some documentation/syntax/examples could be a good start for third party add-ons, though I doubt many people will be interested, since the existing Win7PE project works so smoothly and builds so quickly).

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users