68 replies to this topic

#51 stefamedia

stefamedia
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

Good evening and thankyou for replying so quickly.

First I have a question to see if I've understood right .Is Ninja Pendisk suppose to delete all the files mentioned in that paragraph [file_delete] ?

In the last 2-3 hours I've made several testes myself because I'm very curious why this is happening, and, by the way, I don't think this is happing only to me.

Because I don't have viruses, the only way for me to test ninja pendisk was to copy a file to the root of the usb stick (i've use autorun.exe, svchost.exe, autorun.bat, and others) and I even created some text files which where added in that specific paragraph from ninja.txt.

I even tried to decompress ninja.exe with UPX → no result;
I use two different computers (Windows XP / Windows XP) → no result;
Two USB sticks → no result;
I've removed all the attributes from that file... nothing.

I am sending two pictures, hoing it will help you. Personally, I'm stuck...

Attached Thumbnails

• ninja_file_delete.png
  • ninja_file_was_not_deleted.png

#52 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

We now have a ninja forum!

Look here:
http://nunobrito.eu/ninja/forum

The main website was also redesigned.

Thank you for supporting the ninja!

:)

#53 reseacher

reseacher
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for programm :D and my suggestions:

1. ninja.txt must be in unicode - more languages and more correct display national symbol
2. Translate for russian -
ru=Как начать работу?;Иммунизировать;Подсоедините сьемный носитель к компьютеру;Если Вы готовы защитить Ваш носитель, щелкните на клавише Иммунизировать!;Выход;Просмотр настроек;Посетить страницу автора;Сетевой чат;Добавить в автозагрузку;Автоматическая очистка;Отключить автозапуск
3. Translate for Ukrainian -
ua=Що потрібно для початку?;Імунізовати;Під’єднайте носій до компь’ютера;Якщо Ви бажаєте захистити носій, клачніть на кнопці Імунізовати!;Вихід;Перегляд налаштувань;До сторінки автора; Чат в мережі;Додати до автозагрузки;Автоматична очистка;Заблокувати автозапуск
4. May be my mistake - not I don't find "imunize button" or program change and button removed? :D

#54 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I had also read your post at the ninja forum.

May be my mistake - not I don't find "imunize button" or program change and button removed?

Will check when I have some free time.

:D

#55 reseacher

reseacher
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I had also read your post at the ninja forum.

Will check when I have some free time.

:D

Thanks, I waiting you answer...

#56 reseacher

reseacher
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Sorry, my mistake - I find button "Immunize" - because I don't use autoplay (I block it) what I don't see it.
On the some computer I see this button… I correct my translation change some words.

ru=Как начать работу?;Прививка;Подсоедините сьемный носитель к компьютеру;Если Вы готовы защитить Ваш носитель, щелкните на клавише Прививка!;Выход;Просмотр настроек;Посетить страницу автора;Сетевой чат;Добавить в автозагрузку;Автоматическая очистка;Отключить автозапуск
Translate for Ukrainian -
ua=Що потрібно для початку?;Щеплення;Під’єднайте носій до компь’ютера;Якщо Ви бажаєте захистити носій, клачніть на кнопці Щеплення!;Вихід;Перегляд налаштувань;До сторінки автора; Чат в мережі;Додати до автозагрузки;Автоматична очистка;Заблокувати автозапуск

#57 DaemonForce

DaemonForce

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:[=D=] has been gone for ages along with .NET 1.0. I may bring it back depending on the amazing people here.
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

I just shut off autorun. Haven't seen anything like this in a while, but I'm always using SERVERS instead of workstations so I guess that's part of the difference. Nice program. :whistling:

#58 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

@Nuno Brito

I hadn't seen this thread before. I use http://research.pand...un-Vaccine.aspx

Is there any quick comparison somewhere? Or I should download ninja and compare it myself?

Thanks.

Edit: I did read up quickly at the Ninja forum and also downloaded it. Looks like this will also delete suspicious files, which makes this a better option. Would it be a good idea to create a blurb to get a quick idea of all the features and where it stands?

#59 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

@Nuno

I get a message (from ninja.exe) "Unable to write to C:\Program Files\Ninja\ninja.txt" when I disable autoplay (probably after it tries to update), when logged in as a 'limited account' user (Windows XP).

Is there an option to store ninja.txt in a different location, say the "Documents" folder?

Thanks.

#60 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:53 AM

Is there an option to store ninja.txt in a different location, say the "Documents" folder?

Unfortunately there is no such option. However, you don't need to ninja.exe from program files.

It can be placed in the documents folder and then manually add the shortcut to the startup menu to ensure it runs when windows starts up.

This way, the ninja.txt issue gets solved.

Edit: I did read up quickly at the Ninja forum and also downloaded it. Looks like this will also delete suspicious files, which makes this a better option. Would it be a good idea to create a blurb to get a quick idea of all the features and where it stands?

If you have some time do a table, this would be a great idea.

Sorry for the delay in replying back, sometimes it's not easy to follow the online activity.

:lol:

#61 Ganesh Rao

Ganesh Rao
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

Today I visited the new Ninja website. Looks sleek. But I faced some issues:
1. Could not find a download button.
2 Could not find a link to Ninja Forum. (I think that existed during Ninja 1.7 time)
3. I could not post a comment. :rolleyes:
(Using Windows XP SP3 & Firefox 3.5.6)

#62 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

The button was present but the source of image was still pointing to the old location. It was now corrected.

The ninja forums were deactivated so that they can be permanently moved to a better location. I'm still working on this feature but it's taking a bit longer than I was originally expecting, sorry.

:rolleyes:

#63 dencorso

dencorso

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 142 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hi, Nuno!
Before anything, thank you for Ninja Pendisk. It rocks! :cheers:

Now, let me report two issues:

(i) This is very minor, but, while ninja.txt says I have version 1.8, the ninja.exe properties say File Version: 1.6.0.0 and Product Version 1.6...

(ii) This is not so very minor: Ninja Pendisk messes up User Agent of IE7! It's not your fault, it's due to bsalsa EmbededWB. But it seems it has been solved by bsalsa, so it seems to me you'll need to update the version of bsalsa you're using to build it. AFAI understood it right (*), the bug is completely solved at Version 14.66.3 and higher. Here is what happens:

Before starting the Ninja, http://user-agent-string.info/parse reports for my system:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

After starting the Ninja, http://user-agent-string.info/parse reports for my system:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; http://bsalsa.com) ; User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; http://bsalsa.com) (none); .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Then, by running the following .reg file, things get back to normal, after restarting the browser:
REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform] 

@=""
Of course, I'm now starting the Ninja from a batch file, in the Start menu Startup folder, that starts it, waits a little and then merges the above .reg file to the registry, as a workaround. But the ideal would be if Ninja didn't mess with the User Agent.

(*) Here are links regarding the User Agent and bsalsa:

bsalsa for beginners
EmbeddedWB in User Agent string
EmbeddedWB v. 14.69.1 ChangeLog.txt
(check the sections on v. 14.66.1 and 14.66.3)
How to add user agent to embeddedwb only (not in msie)

Um forte abraço.

#64 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thank you for the feedback. Will try to get both reported issues fixed.

Obrigado!

:cheers:

#65 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

(ii) This is not so very minor: Ninja Pendisk messes up User Agent of IE7! It's not your fault, it's due to bsalsa EmbededWB. But it seems it has been solved by bsalsa, so it seems to me you'll need to update the version of bsalsa you're using to build it. AFAI understood it right (*), the bug is completely solved at Version 14.66.3 and higher. Here is what happens:

@Nuno:
This was also a bug in WinBuilder and I fixed there.
To save you a lot of GOOGLE time, have a look here

BTW: Did you already replace the package on your WinBuilder develop PC?
The reported ninja bug brings me some doubts ... :merc:

Peter :cheers:

#66 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

Thanks. Would you please email me the updated package?

Bsalsa's site seems down today.

BTW: Did you already replace the package on your WinBuilder develop PC?

Not yet, these were just some small fixes.

:cheers:

#67 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

My provider does not allow to mail 17 MB.

But I just tried http://www.bsalsa.co...ion_14.69.0.zip

No problem.

Peter

#68 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

It remains offline from Coimbra. I've tried both from a wired connection and my 3G wireless.

Will try to grab it using a proxy.

;)

#69 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Try nativeex.boot-land.net/test/EmbeddedWB_D5-D2010_Version_14.69.0.zip

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users