ninja pendisk!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

Version 1.4 released!

Hope you like this new version.

Something wrong when updating:

temp-ninja.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Peter

#27 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

Judging by the time of your post that you downloaded while I was uploading the corrected german version, please re-download and test again.

Somehow the older language settings had overwritten the newer modifications, should be fixed now.

:thumbsup:

#28 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

In order to be sure, I deleted everything of ninja what was on my pc and did a fresh download and run.

It did not copy anything ninja* into C:\Programme\ ...
It seems not longer to recognize the language of my pc: In the tray context menu I see English

BTW: The last item in German should be 'AutoPlay deaktivieren' rather than 'Deaktivieren AutoPlay'

Peter

#29 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

In the tray context menu select the "Add to startup" and it will create the shortcut and copy the files to Program files.

It seems not longer to recognize the language of my pc: In the tray context menu I see English

How strange, would you please check ninja.txt - it would use english if something went wrong while use a translated language.

BTW: The last item in German should be 'AutoPlay deaktivieren' rather than 'Deaktivieren AutoPlay'

Thanks, will correct.

Thank you for testing!

#30 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

In the tray context menu select the "Add to startup" and it will create the shortcut and copy the files to Program files.

How strange, would you please check ninja.txt - it would use english if something went wrong while use a translated language.

#1: Yes, it works like that
#2: I really do not see something wrong like missing semicolon etc.

Peter

#31 Ganesh Rao

Ganesh Rao
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Great work Nuno!!!!!

One small but cosmetic bug........
If one right clicks on Ninja tray icon.......The options are displayed.
But in case you don't want to click on any options......you cannot get out or minimize the options display.
The only way out is to click on any one options.... :thumbsup:

#32 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

Will solve that bug and also try to borrow an mp3 player for testings.

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

Will solve that bug and also try to borrow an mp3 player for testings.

May I do a suggestion:

Save the money for the mp3 player and have a look into the bug tracker and the suggestions section :tabletalk:

Peter

#34 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

#2: I really do not see something wrong like missing semicolon etc.

I found it:

The 'automatic clean' was missing.

new line now should be
de=Wie geht es?;Immunisieren;Stecken Sie Ihren USB-Stick in den Computer;Zum Schutz Ihres USB-Sticks klicken Sie auf die Schaltfläche 'Immunisieren'!;Ende;Konfiguration anzeigen;Ninja Homepage;LAN Chat;Ninja in Autostart aufnehmen;Automatisches Immunisieren;AutoPlay deaktivieren

Peter

#35 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

I found it:

The 'automatic clean' was missing.

You are a guru indeed! :thumbsup:

---------------------

May I do a suggestion:

Save the money for the mp3 player and have a look into the bug tracker and the suggestions section

At this moment I'm taking a break from wb bugs and learning as much as possible about USB pendisks and respective partitions.

Given the ammount of questions from other members, I think that wb's priority at this moment should be documentation, tutorials and a lot of work explaining how things work to other people.

Planning and testing the future steps is also important to allow wb evolve.

----------

One of my worries are projects that get simply too complicated to explain all the required steps and people often get clueless on where to start when they ask for simple results.

One of my hopes for the next months would be solving this USB support challenge once for all and learn enough to allow wb handle MBR's, raw partition editing and such needed features to replace third party tools and allow creating these USB boot disks seamingless. (btw: most work is already done)

Still missing the wb UI portion which should be solid and stable so I'm learning how this can be done with ninja. That is also the reason why I'm so worried about mp3 pendisks - why are they so different from the other ones?

ninja is the ideal project to learn how pendisks are treated by an OS and I also get to code a fun tool that was very needed where I work.

Don't worry Peter, I'm still planning ahead some solutions for the nastier bugs reported on wb and thinking about the suggestions that were mentioned for the road ahead.

:tabletalk:

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

You are a guru indeed! :thumbsup:

---------------------

At this moment I'm taking a break from wb bugs and learning as much as possible about USB pendisks and respective partitions.

Given the ammount of questions from other members, I think that wb's priority at this moment should be documentation, tutorials and a lot of work explaining how things work to other people.

Planning and testing the future steps is also important to allow wb evolve.

----------

One of my worries are projects that get simply too complicated to explain all the required steps and people often get clueless on where to start when they ask for simple results.

One of my hopes for the next months would be solving this USB support challenge once for all and learn enough to allow wb handle MBR's, raw partition editing and such needed features to replace third party tools and allow creating these USB boot disks seamingless. (btw: most work is already done)

Still missing the wb UI portion which should be solid and stable so I'm learning how this can be done with ninja. That is also the reason why I'm so worried about mp3 pendisks - why are they so different from the other ones?

ninja is the ideal project to learn how pendisks are treated by an OS and I also get to code a fun tool that was very needed where I work.

Don't worry Peter, I'm still planning ahead some solutions for the nastier bugs reported on wb and thinking about the suggestions that were mentioned for the road ahead.

:tabletalk:

:D

My post was more kidding than real worrying.

Nice that you explained you intentional backgrond here for the public. :D

Peter

#37 Ganesh Rao

Ganesh Rao
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:14 AM

Another Suggestion: Please Upload a compressed version of Ninja.
Reason:
1.)Normal Uncompressed Verion(.v1.3) : 1.21Mb (100%)
2.)Compressed using Winzip : 499Kb (40.27%)
3.)Compressed using Winrar: Best Mode : 402Kb (32.45%)
4.)Compressed using 7zip :Ultra Mode : 362Kb (29.22%) (BEST DEAL)

#38 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Good suggestion, will see what can be done! :tabletalk:

While reading your suggestion I was thinking about .cab to use the available tools inside every windows machine but then I remembered that 7zip sfx are also an option that could be used.

#39 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

Ninja is now listed on softpedia:
http://www.softpedia...a-Pendisk.shtml

:lol:

#40 Ganesh Rao

Ganesh Rao
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

Hi..Nuno.
Any new developments in Ninja?

#41 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hi Ganesh!

At the moment I haven't been working much on ninja..

There without doubt a few improvements that I would like to add but time is short at the moment.

Which features to do you miss most?

I will put them on top of the list for the next version.

:lol:

#42 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

New version uploaded.

Program is now on version 1.5

download link: http://nunobrito.eu/...load.php?view.9

Log of changes since version 1.4:

[added] title to tray icon
[added] timer to result window
[added] ninja.txt option to disable tray menu and avoid closing ninja ([options] --> Evil_Ninja=1)
[added] ninja.txt option to change the timer on the result window ([options] --> Result_Timer=8)
[added] when clicking on option "Add to Shortcut" will create the shortcut by default to All Users
[modified] automatic clean option is now selected by default
[modified] filesize of ninja.exe reduced by 30% to ~700kb
[fixed] Popmenu on system tray is now hiding properly when user clicks outside the popmenu

I hope these changes meet most of the requests that were done over the past month.

It is now possible to use the "Evil_Ninja" option to keep it from being removed by users without administrative permissions.

The popup menu was corrected - it will behave as expected

The shortcut is created on the All Users Startup folder so that ninja starts for all users (good for client machines) and can run completely by itself without user interaction.

You can either download this new version or simply run ninja and it will update itself to the latest version automatically.

Only one request: Please test the shortcut feature on a XP machine because all my tests were done under Vista and I'm a bit unsure if XP uses the same registry location for keeping the folder locations - thanks.

Hope you like the changes.

#43 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

Not really an update to ninja itself but someone decided to blog about ninja and added a cool graphic.

Posted Image

I would like to add his blog post on the ninja homepage but I don't recognize the country or language.

Could someone help?

Thanks! :)

#44 tanoli

tanoli
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hello Dear Nuno, i am using this ninja programme from last 1month. i must acknowledge the great effort you made. I found this programme really very handy. Many many congrats for this outclass work. I wanted to ask you about 1thing which is bothering alot of users these days. The virus name "NOPIR.A"(worm), is infecting alot these days to computers. All the media files with extensions like .mp3,.mpg,.jpeg etc are deleted, i my self suffered one from this virus:(( The point is that can u add update for this virus in your database so that its also downloaded to ninja and ninja can tackle this virus upon USB SCAN. My PC was infected because of the usb drive of my friend. He wanted to copy few things and after that there were no media files which in my PC. Please do reply. Thanx in advance.

#45 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

@tanoli
I moved your post here as the PE2.1 thread where you originally posted seemed to me a really unrelated one.
Please look here, also:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3153

Not really an update to ninja itself but someone decided to blog about ninja and added a cool graphic.

Could someone help?

Posted WHERE? Link please.

jaclaz

#46 sree

sree
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hello Nuno Brito Thank you for the excellent Ninja. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#47 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Hello Nuno Brito Thank you for the excellent Ninja. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Can you post a success story?

Peter

#48 sree

sree
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

Can you post a success story?

Peter

Hi i am using Ninja pendisk for about 45 days. But last week i exactly saw the way how it works. My friend's pen drive is infected by auto.exe and autorun.ini along with some "x files"(Bad memory can't remember the exact virus file name). Previously my system got infected even though AVG free edition was running and up to date. But this time I am lucky having NINJA (Along with AVG) helped by not infecting my system. I noticed a file name "autorun.ini.OLD" in the pendrive but did not bothered to open it. Next time I will definitely Remember the file names and post back.

A request to Nuno Brito to include other virus files such as below in NINJA
explorer.exe
Ahsan Virus (creates files CSRSS.exe / system.exe / csrss.exe / Home video.avi.exe /autorun.inf )
Boot.vbs (creates files dxdlg.exe, wscript.exe and kinza.exe)

#49 stefamedia

stefamedia
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

Hello everybody

First of all I want to say thank you to Nuno Brito for this very interesting piece of software, and I mean Ninja Pendisk. Unfortunately there is something I don't undersant. In theory, all the files named in ninja.txt (where it says [file_delete]), like auto.exe, autorun.ini, autorun.pif, mytext.exe.. should be deleted if found on the USB drive, but I made a few tests and despite the fact that Ninja Pendisk is saying that file is deleted... the file is still there. I've tried with *.exe file or *.txt and it's the same story.

Folders are ok. I've added a “test folder” under the [folder_delete] tag, and Ninja Pendisk has deleted it.

I think it's a serious bug and I want to say that I've tested it on two simple usb sticks, no mp3 or ipod, Windows XP & Vista. Always it says that the files are deleted, but they are not and I'm verry sory because Ninja Pendisk looks like nice program.

#50 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hello.

Perhaps you can help me do some testings?

Is the file you mention write-protected?

Also, what are the file permissions? Can you delete them using explorer?

In normal conditions, it should delete the files.

Let's see if this can be solved.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users