#76 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

On vista / win7 pe you can however junction from a NTFS formatted ram drive. I use imdisk and mount a wim file into b:\programs.

#77 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

On vista / win7 pe you can however junction from a NTFS formatted ram drive. I use imdisk and mount a wim file into b:\programs.

The unresolved issue is still how to create junction points on the systemdrive (X:\), which is a wim restriction. Native vhd booting of win7pe solves it, but cannot be used as a ramboot solution. If anyone could just figure out how to ramboot raw disk images on < nt 6.x...

Joakim

#78 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Most of the vodoo is now sorted out and easier/shorter instructions are on its way.

Both apps now run fine and can be easily added to PE with sources from 2003 & vista.

I actually managed to get it running in vistape with most dependencies also added the lodr way (dotnet2, msiserver, swprv, wmi, complus), after bootup. For that you will need roughly 50Mb free on X:\.

If anybody wants a winbuilder script for it, you have to make it yourself. I may assist you, but keep in mind we are talking about 200-300 Mb, including the dependencies, which is the reason it is a LODR in the first place.

Joakim

#79 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Finally they both work satisfactory on 2003, Vista and 2008 sources.

besr853_ghost14_v3.zip

The loader is improved quite a lot and hopefully others now will be able to run this, and not just me.

Requirements are slimmed down to dotnet2 and MSI.

From the readme:
This version is now much improved and is a working solution for PE&#39;s based on 2003, vista and 2008 - 32-bit. It has been reproduced on many different builds from those 3 main sources. I am now confident it runs fine on most desent builds and can &#40;almost&#41; be regarded as a stable solution.

The strict foldertree structure is now removed. The named folders &#40;as created with the get_files batches&#41; inside main folder, must not be touched though.

Much of the dependency stuff earlier described, can be relaxed quite a bit. Some of the stuff that was thought to be required dependencies &#40;but no longer are&#41;;

- complus &#40;comsysapp&#41;

- eventsystem 

- VSS & swprv

- WMI &#40;winmgmt&#41;

Now the most interesting part is what appears to be the absolute requirements;

- 2 dll&#39;s &#40;msxml3.dll & msxml3r.dll&#41; - The loaders take care of these for you.

- dotnet2 &#40;can use my LODR packages for all NT5 and NT6 systems; http&#58;//www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8329 &#41;

- MSI &#40;msiserver&#41;

Important&#58;

For 2008 sources, you must use the 2 dll&#39;s from vista, otherwise it will fail. The msiserver must be properly installed in your PE. The loaders, besr853_LODR_v3.exe and ghost14_LODR_v3.exe, will try starting the msiserver early in setup. There will sometimes pop up small boxes &#40;installer generated&#41; on the first run, but just ignore them, they will not bother you. 

Very Important&#58;

Both products can be run on all 3 sources, despite the fact that they where not built for that &#40;desktop product & server product&#41;. That means the services must be installed with besr853 on 2003 sources, while services must be installed with ghost14 on vista & 2008 sources. So if you want to run besr853 on 2008 sources, then you must first install services with ghost14_LODR_v3.exe, and then launch the &#34;some_besr853_folder\Console\VProConsole_.exe&#34;. A mismatch warning is given to you, but just click YES. The opposite is also true for running ghost14 on 2003 sources. The reason why this actually works, is that the two products are very very similar, if not identical.

Some VSS notes&#58;

The main reason VSS snapshots works in PE-mode here is that these two products use their own VSS driver for the snapshot. Pure/real VSS mode is not yet figuerd out for NT6. It is however solved for 2003-based PE&#39;s. Have a look here for how to use the new VMware Converter Standalone 4.0.1 in hotclone mode  in a Preinstallation Environment; http&#58;//www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9058

How to&#58;

Execute just one of the loaders only once per boot. Restarts of the main application will have to be done by starting Console\VProConsole_.exe. Shortcuts for that one is generated to desktop and startmenu. For those that still have not figured out how to put these files together, there is an attached image showing a sample.

Sample directory;

Posted Image

Joakim

#80 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

New version ready. besr853_ghost14_v4.zip

Both apps now also works on Win7PE (RC1).

The dependency on the Winsows Installer (msiserver) is removed. Strange enough, by including one file, stdole2.tlb, solved the issue. Therefore it now only depends on dotnet2. I don't know if there's a script for dotnet2 on Win7PE, but you can always use this dotnet2 LODR package for Win7PE; http://www.mediafire...in7rc1_LODR.zip

You can even make these 2 run from the Win7 Recovery CD, if you have shfolder.dll present and have 46 Mb free space on X:\ as required by the dotnet2 LODR package.

This now means it is very easy to run these apps in PE.

Joakim

#81 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Hello Joakim :whistling:
Very good Work ;)

@ Joakim :I actually managed to get it running in vistape with most dependencies also added the lodr way (dotnet2, msiserver, swprv, wmi, complus), after bootup. For that you will need roughly 50Mb free on X:\.

If anybody wants a winbuilder script for it, you have to make it yourself. I may assist you, but keep in mind we are talking about 200-300 Mb, including the dependencies, which is the reason it is a LODR in the first place.

Yes i would create the script, can we create together the msiserver, swprv, wmi, complus winbuilder script; with your personnal research ?
We have a error with the MSI script of Max_Real_Qnx, the service don't start correctly...
And can you more explain how integrate your LODR Packages in a Winpe environment (If possible, with screen capture etape) ?
Thanks,

#82 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yes i would create the script, can we create together the msiserver, swprv, wmi, complus winbuilder script; with your personnal research ?
We have a error with the MSI script of Max_Real_Qnx, the service don't start correctly...
And can you more explain how integrate your LODR Packages in a Winpe environment (If possible, with screen capture etape) ?

What errors do you currently have with msiserver?

The last lodr version no longer depends on it anyway.

It should be fairly easy to add it as as script. I can send you some instructions for VistaPE, later this evening.

Joakim

#83 Gostep

Gostep

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Hi joakim,

I have followed your endeavours in getting Ghost 14 working with WinPE. Its pretty annoying that after paying for G14 I find that it has basic functionalty like live image making removed! >.<

I have tried my damndest to make it work for me with your loaders. Unfortunately I get right to the end of your process; patching in net 2 and then running ghost, but as soon as VProConsole_.exe loads and shows the loading box/graphic, it immediately dies again.

I urgently need your assitance in getting it working!

Using standard WinPe 2.0 image with besr853_ghost14_v4.zip and dotnet2.rar (vista version too).

Any help you can offer would be gratefully appreciated!

#84 Gostep

Gostep

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Tried with WinPe 2.1 and 3.0 (with appropriate dotnet LODRs) too.

When in virtualised environment, the norton splash/loading box appears then dissappears. :cheers:

However when physically booting on real PC, the console loads but nothing is accesible because the Norton Ghost service is STOPPED (and cannot be started). Thus there is a big fat error of not being able to connect to the service on MININT-E6GF77R. :smiling9:

ANY help ANYONE can give is gratefully appreciated!

#85 Linus

Linus
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

Hi Folks,
in Symantec Ghost Solution 2.5 is a Ghost32.exe that needs no .net framework.
i use it to dump images to and from a Network share with great success on VistaPE/XPPE.

Greeting,
Linus :exclamation:
PS: if a remember the SGS2.5 can be downloaded free from Symantec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users