57 replies to this topic

#26 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

I had similar issues with 17217 (reported it somewhere), only 17437 finally worked for me.

The RegRead section pulls license data from host registry (if BR11 installed) and adds it to PE for you. I haven't tried building on a machine without BR11 installed. Should be easy to patch when I get a chance or report to the author for fix.

Well I do have BR11 build 17217 installed on the machine that I am building WinPE from. It's on my office pc and it was purchased and has a valid license. That's why I was curious why that information was missing. It's definately not present in my registry. So I guess I need to go ahead and upgrade to build 17437 to fix the missing volumes issue?

#27 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

That's up to you, I don't like or use this version of Acronis (Windows or PE), I'm just saying 17437 was the first version to 'work' in PE (still a crappy interface) and just cause it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you; there's been a report that it didn't work for another user. My recommendation (fwiw) would be to use TrueImage 9.5 (8163) or Home 2010 ;)

#28 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

That's up to you, I don't like or use this version of Acronis (Windows or PE), I'm just saying 17437 was the first version to 'work' in PE (still a crappy interface) and just cause it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you; there's been a report that it didn't work for another user. My recommendation (fwiw) would be to use TrueImage 9.5 (8163) or Home 2010 ;)

I totatlly agree about the new version (it's junk), but I have a lot of customers who use newer version and thus my need to be able to restore from say a version 10 or 11 version by just popping in my flash drive with built in NIC/mass storage drivers and restoring. I could use Acronis PE iso but I prefer to have it integrated into one package if you know what I mean. I'll try and upgrade to build 17437 and see what happens. I assume it's ok to remove those lines of code from the script?

#29 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

I assume it's ok to remove those lines of code from the script?

Let me run a couple tests and get back to you...

#30 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

Anyway, BR11 will load but when I got to backup Volumes it is blank. If I select files It shows the hard drives and I can browse and select any folder I want. I can also see the drive through disk management and explorer so I assume this is an issue with the BR11 script. Any ideas?

John, you might need to uncheck True Image. There might be a conflict if you are running both versions (BR11 and True Image).

#31 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

This version allows you to build on a machine without ABR installed (or with). You can add license data in the script interface ;)
http://www.mediafire...6qmyf81s879u9vw
  • brianpaul likes this

#32 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

This version allows you to build on a machine without ABR installed (or with). You can add license data in the script interface ;)
http://www.mediafire...6qmyf81s879u9vw

That's awesome... I'll give it a try and let you know if it works for me. I tried unchecking True Image and still the hard drive doesn't show when attempting a backup. Hopefully this script will solve the problem for me.

#33 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Hi brianpaul :)

This issue has less to do with the script and more to do with the specific version of ABR. Are you using 11.0.17437 or other? If using other than 17437 you will probably get the type of issue you describe as they (from my experience) seem to be broken in PE. I considered adding a note about this in the script interface but since I haven't tried every version of ABR and future versions are unknown, I left it open for now.

Also, from something you said elsewhere, it appears you're trying to access mapped network drives which is known to cause issues with some Acronis products. A workaround is usually to remove (un-map) all Windows mapped drives to the server before accessing via Acronis. Do a knowledge base search for 'Acronis can't access mapped network drive' or similar to see what I mean.

#34 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

I do have version 17437 installed on my vm. I thought maybe the files in my project were from the older version but the WinPE.zip file is identical to the one installed by version 17437.

#35 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

...still the hard drive doesn't show when attempting a backup.

This issue does not occur for me with 17437 accessing local drives (IDE/SATA/USB). Does this only apply to mapped network drives or to local as well?

#36 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

This is the local hard drive. The issue I was having with the mapped drives was trying to access a tib file. I found out you can't look at mapped drives with ABR11. I had to type in the path and it looks like nothing happens, but under network, my server appears and I can browse to the share. So the network part works fine now that I understand ABR11's wacky ways, it's just seeing the local had drive that's an issue. I can see the hard drive within Win7PE, just not in the ABR11 program.

What I question is if I have some old acronis files in my project, but I don't think so. I'm using Win7 without SP1 if that makes any difference.

#37 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

... it's just seeing the local had drive that's an issue. I can see the hard drive within Win7PE, just not in the ABR11 program.

What I question is if I have some old acronis files in my project, but I don't think so. I'm using Win7 without SP1 if that makes any difference.

I've tested on 32 and 64 bit machines, XP and Win 7 setups, IDE, SATA and USB drives all look good and backup/restore works. Using 32 bit Win7PE_SE test project cited earlier.
Attached File  W7-ABR11-64-01.png   461.69KB   10 downloadsAttached File  W7-ABR11-64-02.png   45.36KB   10 downloads

So, either it's your project; are you using the test project I posted (unchanged) or other? Or it's your SP0 source (I'll try to check when I have a chance). Or it's something odd about your system.

#38 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

I have made changes to the project. I'll try your project unchanged. Are you using Win7 SP1 for your source?

#39 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Are you using Win7 SP1 for your source?

Yes.

#40 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

Ok, tried it with your W7.041612 project and it works. It should work with the Win7PE_SE_20120416 project too, right?

#41 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yes, it should but I have not tested. Glad you got it working ;)

#42 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I tested it with a clean version of Win7PE_SE_20120416 and it works fine too. It must be something I added or changed in my project. With your new script that doesn't require ABR11 to be installed on the PC, it works on my VM with ABR11 install, but it fails with the following error on a PC without ABR11. Any ideas? The "OR grab reg data from host" is unchecked.

TxtAddLine - Failed to add line to file: [%BaseDir%TargetWin7PE_SEProgram FilesAcronisBackupAndRecoveryabr11.js] line: [var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c abr11.cmd]

#43 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

That's odd, I don't get that error. Can you post the whole log?

#44 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I copied the project from my VM (which has ABR11) to my PC, which does not have ABR11. Works fine on the VM, but not on the PC. Here is the log file...
http://www.mediafire...97b1hdpzkltd9n7

#45 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

I imported the license file and your previous script works fine on both my vm and pc, but your new script only works on my vm where ABR11 is installed. Even if I check the "OR grab data from host" with the license info in the registry, it still fails with the new script on my pc. My PC is 64bit whereas my vm is 32bit if that makes a difference.

Edited by brianpaul, 29 May 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#46 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

My PC is 64bit whereas my vm is 32bit if that makes a difference.

Well, it may, let me run some tests...

As for the TxtAddLine error you cited above, this has nothing to do with ABR installed or not and I can't reproduce this error; any more information to help me with this?

p.s. can't download your log file, 'temporarily unavailable'; I'll try later...

#47 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

The TxtAddLine error goes away when I uncheck the ABR11 script and runs fine with the old ABR11 script. I'm also using Win7 32bit SP0 for the source. Should I be using SP1?

#48 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yes, the TxtAddLine issue only affects the new script. SP0/SP1 shouldn't matter, still testing...

#49 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

brianpaul,

Tested on several machines, x86 and 64, Windows 7 and XP; with ABR11 installed (reg from host selected) and not installed (license supplied). All without errors of any kind, I don't get it.

Still can't get that log yet MF works for other downloads :doh7:
Posted Image

#50 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

That's weird. I'm questioning if my anti-virus might be interfering. I noticed in the error it refers to abr11.cmd, but I can't find that file. Maybe my anti-virus deleted it. Where should abr11.cmd be located?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users